Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown

Mania

In 2005 When all three of these players were chosen in the first round it was of widespread opinion from the mediots that Campbell was made better by having Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams.

Now that Campbell has 8 starts and the other two have been starting from the beginning, I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't the other way around. Maybe, just maybe Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown were made better do to Campbell's inate ability to complete downfield passes and yes, he was pretty darn accurate in college as well.

Oh yes, they all benefited from having each other in college, but I feel Williams and Brown benefited more Campbell. Brown has proven nothing since being drafted by Miami and Cadillac although he had a decent rookie year, had a down year last year.

I guess we will see in time, but I'd like to have some opinions from other ES members.

I think they all benefitted from each other. That Auburn team was just plain good all around. Brown, Williams, and yes...even Campbell went to teams that werent so great. Our team seems to have more weapons than the other 2 and as faras Im concerned is the overall better team so Campbell will end up looking better.

I've never liked Brown much, but I don't think it was Campbell, but the O-line. He just doesn't hit the hole hard or fast. In college you get those big holes you could walk through. Williams has just been hurt too much to make a judge of what type of NFL player he is.

Caddy and Ronnie are definately looking mediocre in the NFL. Learning curve for an RB is also much shorter. They have both shown flashes but I don't think either will ever be upper echelon type rbs.

Caddy is more due to injuries though, imho. He started out on fire and injuries keep coming up. Brown just hasn't looked all that good.

If Campbell had to play behind those two lines and we had one of those RBs behind our line, you would be singing a different tune.

Football is not an individual sport, which is why being a GM requires much more research on players than just pure talent.

Good thread. I think having Cadillac and Brown made many people overlook Campbell without actually watching him or taking a look at his stats. At the same time, having them probably helped open up the pass game as well. Works both ways. But having them in there doesn't change the fact that in his senior year Campbell threw for 2700 yards with a 69.6 comp%, 20 TDs, and only 7 INTs. It isn't like he just sat back there and gave the ball to Caddilac or Brown every play. That is why I'm not too concerned with some of his accuracy issues against Miami. It is something I think will be fixed quickly.

In 2005 When all three of these players were chosen in the first round it was of widespread opinion from the mediots that Campbell was made better by having Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams.

Now that Campbell has 8 starts and the other two have been starting from the beginning, I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't the other way around. Maybe, just maybe Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown were made better do to Campbell's inate ability to complete downfield passes and yes, he was pretty darn accurate in college as well.

Oh yes, they all benefited from having each other in college, but I feel Williams and Brown benefited more Campbell. Brown has proven nothing since being drafted by Miami and Cadillac although he had a decent rookie year, had a down year last year.

I guess we will see in time, but I'd like to have some opinions from other ES members.

Its starting to look that way

Cadillac was run ragged his first two seasons with Tampa Bay. Ronnie Brown is running behind one of the greenest o-lines in the NFL. I'm not saying either one of these guys is a star but your comment that Campbell was making them look better is probably not true. Campbell hasn't exactly been lighting it up yet has he?

no offense but work on some of your english

Archived