Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 1 Stats for young QB's

ExoDus84

Here we go. Everybody is saying how leinart and alex smith are the second coming of joe montana, so lets see. Here's a quick look at stats for the young, notable QB's this week.

Jay Cutler: 23/39, 304 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

- Against Buffalo, 2006 Def Rank: 18th

Jason Campbell: 12/21, 222 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT

- Against Miami, 2006 Def Rank: 4th

Tarvaris Jackson: 13/23, 163 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

- Against Atlanta, 2006 Def Rank: 22nd

Alex Smith: 15/31, 126 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

- Against Arizona, 2006 Def Rank: 29th

Matt Leinart: 14/28, 102 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

- Aginst SF, 2006 Def Rank: 26th

JP Losman: 14/21, 97 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

- Against Denver, 2006 Def Rank: 14th

V. Young: 11/18, 76 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

- Against Jacksonville, 2006 Def Rank: 2nd

I'd say, all in all, JC really didnt do too badly. For all of the offseason hype, JP Losman, Vince young, Matt leinart and Alex smith all stunk up the joint, some against some very weak defenses.

Young in particular. I really don't see what the hype is for this guy. He's a heavier, slower, less accurate version of michael vick. If vick coldnt succeed, vince young sure won't. I dont think they'll win many games if he throws for just 76 yards. :laugh:

Makes me feel better about JC's play, against the number 4 defense. I didnt include Romo sits to pee as he's really not a "young" qb. He's been around for a few years. He had a solid week, which i'm sure all the puke fans will point out.

Just for good Measure: Tony Romo sits to pee played against the Giants, 2006 Def Rank: 25th.

Discuss. :cheers:

Young in particular. I really don't see what the hype is for this guy. He's a heavier, slower, less accurate version of michael vick. If vick coldnt succeed, vince young sure won't. I dont think they'll win many games if he throws for just 76 yards. :laugh:

I feel the same way about Vince Young. He gets the credit when Brown and White run for 200+ yards. He gets the credit when the defense steps up. He is by far the most overrated player in the league. No one else comes close.

Tony Romo sits to pee is a notable young QB. Why did you leave him out? He clearly had a better game than everyone else on this list.

A. Smith -- 3rd year

J. Campbell -- 3rd year

V. Young -- 2nd year

Jay

T. Romo sits to pee -- 5th year.

Yes he played great, but I wouldn't consider him a "young" QB anymore.

I always like seeing the QB in action because stats can be misleading. I was not impressed with Leinart and Smith after watching the game last night. Leinart has two outstanding WR's yet he has trouble getting the ball to them. Smith just looks like he will be an average QB with good and bad days.

I agree that Young will struggle a little bit this year, and I have never been impressed with Losman.

I do want to see Cutler before I make any decisions. The stats look good, but I anticipated Buffalo would take a step back defensively this year. Have to wait and see.

He's a young QB in terms of playing time. He sat for his first 3 years and about half of his fourth. This is his first full season as a starter.

He's actually a year OLDER then Clinton Portis. B/c he sat on the bench doesn't erase the fact that he's 27, and been in the league 5 years.

Tony Romo sits to pee is a notable young QB. Why did you leave him out? He clearly had a better game than everyone else on this list.

EDIT: I see you had a little blurb of him at the bottom of the post. How cute. The length some people will go to discredit this guy is unbelievable.

It's obvious he was concentrating on the QBs who have been drafted over the last 2-3 years (Losman being the exception)...he was also comparing QBs who were drafted relatively high and had somewhat high expectations of them coming in. Romo sits to pee doesn't fit either catagory.

Here we go. Everybody is saying how leinart and alex smith are the second coming of joe montana, so lets see. Here's a quick look at stats for the young, notable QB's this week.

Jay Cutler: 23/39, 304 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

- Against Buffalo, 2006 Def Rank: 18th

Jason Campbell: 12/21, 222 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT

- Against Miami, 2006 Def Rank: 4th

Tarvaris Jackson: 13/23, 163 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

- Against Atlanta, 2006 Def Rank: 22nd

Alex Smith: 15/31, 126 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

- Against Arizona, 2006 Def Rank: 29th

Matt Leinart: 14/28, 102 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

- Aginst SF, 2006 Def Rank: 26th

JP Losman: 14/21, 97 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

- Against Denver, 2006 Def Rank: 14th

I'd say, all in all, JC really didnt do too badly. For all of the offseason hype, JP Losman, Vince young, Matt leinart and Alex smith all stunk up the joint, some against some very weak defenses.

Makes me feel better about JC's play, against the number 4 defense. I didnt include Romo sits to pee as he's really not a "young" qb. He's been around for a few years. He had a solid week, which i'm sure all the puke fans will point out.

Just for good Measure: Tony Romo sits to pee played against the Giants, 2006 Def Rank: 25th.

Discuss. :cheers:

Where is the Eli manning stats? 28-41, 4 TDs - 1INT, 314 yards, vs Dallas ?ranked D.

Where is the Eli manning stats? 28-41, 4 TDs - 1INT, 314 yards, vs Dallas ?ranked D.

This is eli's 4th year, yes? I was posting the stats for first year starters, and qb's who have only been around 1-3 years.

Romo sits to pee and eli have both been around a while, and yes, eli had a strong game as well. It's a shame his performance was wasted by a terrible pass defense.

Out of all young QB's, Jay cutler had a very strong game, cambell did ok, but needs to work on his short distance throws, and vince young + JP were duds. Perhaps leinart was more of a dud, given who he has to throw to.

This thread was just for you guys to evaluate all the really young, 1st year starter-type QB's. I know a lot of pundits had JP, Vince, Cutler, Leinart, and Smith all ahead of Campbell. Well, Jason played better than all but Cutler on sunday. :cheers:

Young will never be a great passer in this league. He was never that accurate. What made him special is that he could run, and if you can run in college, and have an ok arm you can be big time in college.

Since the cb's in college are for the most part horrible... they get suckered in on the thought of him running. It does not work the same in the NFL.

He's a young QB in terms of playing time. He sat for his first 3 years and about half of his fourth. This is his first full season as a starter.

Same as JC, Same as Cutler and I think same as V Young (didn't Collins start a few games for the Titans?)

Who Del is right. It's all about career playing time. Why isn't Todd Collins on this list?

5yrs experience and 27yrs old is just about over the hill in the Nfl these days.

Isn't the average career for nfl players now about 4-5yrs anyway.

So next year we can consider J.C. in his prime and hopefully he will stay that way for a long while after that.

Same as JC, Same as Cutler and I think same as V Young (didn't Collins start a few games for the Titans?)

Who Del, the new puke fan...

Who Del, the new puke fan...

Is that right? Check the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

I still stand by my statement. I don't give a **** if you Redskin homers want to hate on him. I'm the only one on this entire board who had the balls to stand up to all Cowboy fans and say **** them.

Archived