Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jacobs, Osi, and Eli Out

jimmd83

per pft

MORE BAD NEWS FOR GIANTS

On the same day that the Giants learned that starting tailback Brandon Jacobs will miss 3-5 weeks with a knee injury, it also was learned that defensive end Osi Umenyiora will be out for two months with a knee injury of his own.

But that might not be the worst news.

We're hearing an unconfirmed rumor -- and this is incredibly unconfirmed for now -- that quarterback Eli Manning might be done for the year with a shoulder injury that he suffered during a failed two-point conversion attempt in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's loss to the Giants.

they alredy sucked, theyre screwed now.

Huge losses for the Giants.

Here is different source than PFT:

hot_sign.jpgGiants | Manning out a month

Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:19:06 -0700

ESPNews reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning (shoulder) is expected to miss about a month due to a separated shoulder.

Giants | Umenyiora only expected to miss about a month

Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:25:24 -0700

Updating a previous report, Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Giants DE Osi Umenyiora (knee) is only expected to miss a month, not two, because of a MCL injury, according to his agent, Tony Agnone.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Despite everything going to Hell around him' date=' I thought that was Eli's best game as a pro.[/quote']

Despite popular opinion on this board, and I can understand the motivation, Eli is a solid QB. Don't get me wrong---I bleed Burgundy and Gold---but Eli will be a Pro Bowl level QB in this league. I don't want to see it but we better get used to the fact he will be around for some time and will put up good numbers and many 300+ yard games. That being said, I still think we beat the G-women twice this year.

Archived