Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't people put their political differences aside? (Hasselbeck)

Spaceman Spiff

Once again proving that liberalism is a mental disorder. If there were liberal players on the same team and they visited a Hillary or Obama function you wouldn't have heard a peep out of conservatives. We don't care what other people do with their time.

That's a pretty ignorant statement.

Just cause there are a few crazy liberals, doesn't mean it's all of them. Way to generalize people. good job, really, just like you probably generalize muslims or people who are different from you.

Besides....

you talk as if there aren't some crazy conservatives.

I believe it was conservatives who were bombing abortion clinics, which is basically a form of terrorism.

Where I lived there was mass outrage at any station that played dixie chicks music. People actually refused to listen to stations until they promised to stop playing them.

Why do you hate freedom? :silly:

You don't see a difference in the two actions?

I really have to disagree, the hatred of Bush by the left goes far deeper than any dislike for clinton by the right ever did. both sides are partisan I'll give you that, but Bush garners more hatred per pound from the left than anything or anyone else.

True. I mean, its not like there is a % of the population that hates Clinton so much that they believe he is responsible to the murder of several people. I mean, that would just be deep hate. Oh....right, there are.

Once again proving that liberalism is a mental disorder. If there were liberal players on the same team and they visited a Hillary or Obama function you wouldn't have heard a peep out of conservatives. We don't care what other people do with their time.

The moral police party doesn't care what other people do with their own time?

:laugh: :laugh:

That'll be the day.

The story in the OP is generating more reaction in the forum than what I'm picking up around the home turf :silly: :laugh:

BTW, in this "wildly blue" state (and it is blue) we had to have three recounts between the Re-pube (Rossi) and the dem (Gregoire) goobertorial candidates before declaring a winner. Western Washington, also btw, is downright red.

Tacoma, is downright dangerous ;):D

Insulting the President vs giving him a jersey?

Strong and Hasselbeck said they would have welcomed a Democratic president, too, and noted that they once visited Gov. Christine Gregoire in Olympia and gave her an autographed football. When he played in Green Bay, Hasselbeck also met former Vice President Al Gore.

This wasn't some random stop by President Bush into Seattle. This was a $1000 a plate fund raiser for a GOP candidate. To go there and do what Hasselbeck did is a very partisan move on his part (I didn't say wrong, because he has the right to express his views however he wants). As far as I'm concerned, what the Dixie Chicks did and what Strong and Hasselbeck did are equally polarizing.

btw it seems a big spark for this was Hasslebeck calling Bush a Seahawk.

Exactly. I think that it also matters somewhat that it wasn't a meet and greet put a 1000/plate fundraiser. Some of Seatle's fans overreacted, but this isn't them being upset by accepting an invite to the White House or attending a rally... this is paying to support a candidate and making someone an unofficial member of your team.

Besides, Bush has admitted to being a Cowboys' fan. I am to this day still amazed at how many could vote for a Cowboys' fan and think they would be a good decision maker.

Exactly. I think that it also matters somewhat that it wasn't a meet and greet put a 1000/plate fundraiser. Some of Seatle's fans overreacted, but this isn't them being upset by accepting an invite to the White House or attending a rally... this is paying to support a candidate and making someone an unofficial member of your team.

Besides, Bush has admitted to being a Cowboys' fan. I am to this day still amazed at how many could vote for a Cowboys' fan and think they would be a good decision maker.

I wonder what would happen if Brunell called Nancy Pelosi an honorable Redskin ;)

Ted is a fine example....feel free to boycott his concerts or mount a campaign against his music. :laugh:

feel free to point out the demands that he be charged with treason. You pointed out the dixie chics as having done something worse... well Ted did far worse then the chics. If your argument is valid there would have been a great backlash.

feel free to point out the demands that he be charged with treason. You pointed out the dixie chics as having done something worse... well Ted did far worse then the chics. If your argument is valid there would have been a great backlash.

Were they subjected to anything other than public ridicule and boycott by consumers?

I don't follow Nugent ,but I'm sure he is subjected to the same ridicule.(as far as boycott? you would have to talk to someone who actually buys his music ;) )

My argument is both the chicks and nugent did something much different than the Seahawks involved.

Free speech is not free of consequences,and apparently neither is supporting a politician. :rolleyes:

Added

Destino...You don't see a difference in the two actions?(Chicks and Hasselback's)

Were they subjected to anything other than public ridicule and boycott by consumers?

Yes. Death threats were made that were so serious they needed to put in metal detectors at concerts and one of their homes was vandalized. I'd say that's a great deal more then a simple boycott wouldn't you?

Added

Destino...You don't see a difference in the two actions?(Chicks and Hasselback's)

Of course it's different. My point is simply that the claims that liberals are the only ones that dislike their stars political speech is nonsense. Also liberal backlash doesn't seem to compare to conservatives that take it to the next level - then again how often do you hear liberals refer to their conservative counterparts as traitors and enemies? That's STANDARD among conservatives be it on the net, radio, or print.

Larry, I musta missed most of that with the Chicks,here there was nothing but a vote on playing their music on the radio,but I'll accept your word.

But isn't that a apples to oranges thing anyway?

Insulting the President vs giving him a jersey?

Strong and Hasselbeck said they would have welcomed a Democratic president, too, and noted that they once visited Gov. Christine Gregoire in Olympia and gave her an autographed football. When he played in Green Bay, Hasselbeck also met former Vice President Al Gore.

Chicks

Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.

:jump:

This wasn't some random stop by President Bush into Seattle. This was a $1000 a plate fund raiser for a GOP candidate. To go there and do what Hasselbeck did is a very partisan move on his part (I didn't say wrong' date=' because he has the right to express his views however he wants). As far as I'm concerned, what the Dixie Chicks did and what Strong and Hasselbeck did are equally polarizing.[/quote']

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Going to a fund raiser dinner and insulting the president to people who support him and your band is two seperate things. Hasselbeck didn't go out before a game and vocalize his affiliation with the president. He went to a private dinner. If fans of the Seahawks are wiling to give up being fans because of that, they need a life.

Well, I have to disagree with you on this one point. I agree that celebs or bands shouldn't voice their opinions, since we paid to see them perform not hear their opinions.

There are differences between the DC's and nugent. Nugent knows his crowd and they tend to agree with his views, where as the DC's crowd tend to have voted for Bush and support him, so to voice opposing opinions to an audience of people who disagree with what you're saying isn't a good thing.

1) I'll believe the folks who are claiming that the Dixie Chicks committed a mortal sin because they (gasp!) insulted a President, just as soon as I see someone who's got the chutzpah to even make that statement who didn't insult Bill Clinton while he was in office.

(Just like I'll believe Sarge's invocation of a secret military code that military personnel, even on their "time off" are not permitted to disagree with the President when he shows me that he never once disagreed with "Komrade Klinton" while he was in office.)

Until that mythical day arrives, I'll just believe that every person who claims that "well, the Dixie Chicks deserved to have businesses who do business with then threatened, because they insulted a President (the horror!), but if people object to Hasselbeck then that proves that liberalism is a mental disorder" are simply lieing, hypocritical, partisan cheerleaders.

2) I'll also point out that the backlash against the Dixie Chicks showed the signs of being managed and coordinated. People invested the time and effort to find out who paid the Dixie Chicks, who paid them, who paid them, who paid them, and then find the names of individual people who were involved in fourth-hand association with them, and publish that information, so that large numbers of people could target people for having such fourth-hand associations.

The liberal nutjobs in the Hasselbeck case simply wrote a few letters to the editor, and called a couple of talk shows.

I assert that this difference tells me that the response to the Dixie Chicks says a lot more about conservatives, as a whole, than three letters to the editor say about liberals as a whole.

(Just as I assert that, while Mark Foley's actions soliciting pages doesn't say a whole lot about the GOP as a whole, the fact that the GOP leadership was told he was soliciting pages, and continued to support his re-elections, and didn't even make him quit before somebody else found out, does say something about the party as a whole.)

I wonder what would happen if Brunell called Nancy Pelosi an honorable Redskin ;)
If she was the President, then I wouldn't care. Same with Hillary. There is no excuse for the downright hatred or meanness displayed over this. I'd still bleed burgundy and gold. :)

Ummm...How about the Skins visiting the Reagan White House after the Super Bowl? DC's like 98.2647% democrats.

I guess the difference is East Coast democrats aren't whiney *****es. Well, at least not quite as whiney. ;) :laugh:

I don't remember any public outrage over Tom Brady accepting a personal invite from Bush to attend the SOTU a few years back.

Oh right, he's won three superbowls. Nevermind. :laugh:

Archived