Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL's toughest waiting lists

hokie4redskins

1. Washington Redskins

Waiting List: 155,000

You'd think they'd be giving seats away, based on their dismal 2006 performance (4-11). What's more, their stadium has the most seats of any in the NFL (91,704). But the Redskins seem to have awfully loyal fans. Season tickets have been sold out since 1966. There's still no fee to be put on the waiting list.

Um we only played 15 games last year?

This has been a topic of much confusion around here, and I don't think anyone really has a good grasp on exactly how it works. I'm assuming the offer you got after 6 months was for box seats or tailgate club, correct?

Box seats are hard to sell because they're so expensive, so they're always available to anyone willing to pay. The actual stadium seats are the ones that you have to wait years for, but from what I've been hearing it's closer to 3-5 years. Even with those, there is still much confusion about how the waiting list actually works.

I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope I have some money saved when my name comes up.

I was on the list for 5 years.

I was offered premium seats probably 5-6 times during that stretch and they really didn't harrass me about them.

The nice thing about being on the list is that the Skins offer you tickets (via email) for individual games at face. I went to the 70th anniversary celebration game (vs. Colts), the opener vs. the Cardinals and a Giants game with great seast for face.

So it's worth getting on the list if you want to get that access IMO.

The part about the Cowboys is true. I wanted to rub in how bad Cowboys fans are to the Boys fans at work. There are still tickets available through ticketmaster in the lower level 11 rows from the field. Two days before the prime time home opener.:laugh:

Also, you can sign up for 2008 season tickets and choose the seats you want in the new stadium. Meaning, they are not nearly sold out for next season, which will be my roadtrip next year, to watch the Skins close the Toilet Bowl down!

Redskins #1. Is this an urban legend though? I signed up for seasons tickets thinking it would take me 10 years.....when I would be more willing to drop thousands of dollars. They called me six months later with an offer.

Thousands of dollars? If you have that you could probably get seats for this year today in the club/suite/loge or dream seats. My tix in the UL are $74 a pop. That's $740 + extortion...err fees.

Redskins #1. Is this an urban legend though? I signed up for seasons tickets thinking it would take me 10 years.....when I would be more willing to drop thousands of dollars. They called me six months later with an offer.
They called and offered you club seats in 6 months, or TouchDown Club seats, but not the normal seats.

I personally would rather buy them from a scalper each game or off the ebay/craigslist. Paying full price for preseason is BS. Also, it's got to be a little frustrating during bad seasons where halfway through the year you can get tickets for next to nothing.:2cents:

I often give away my preseason tix but don't you realize that when you buy season tix, you are paying for the package which happens to include preseason games? When you go into the secondary market, you pay more than face value so really you're not really saving any money just opting to put your money into a scalper's pocket instead of Danny's. Don't get me wrong, that's a good way to get individual tickets if you don't want the season but let's not compare apples to oranges here.

As someone posted by joining the waitlist you get offered the single game tix that the visiting teams don't use so that's a good way to get them face value.

I wonder if the Redskins should implement a yearly fee for being on the list. I know other teams do this. Do they want to artificially inflate the wait list or do they want people that are serious about being on there? I think they would want people that are serious about being on there to help out their ticket office and such.

Cowpuke fans always boast about how loyal their fanbase is and yet they can't even sell out is embarassing.

:dallasuck

Exactly. And a loyal fanbase is generally located in that team's area- most Cowboys fans have never been near Texas. They just saw a dirty star and thought "pretty."

Archived