Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL's toughest waiting lists

hokie4redskins

]']Exactly. And a loyal fanbase is generally located in that team's area- most Cowboys fans have never been near Texas. They just saw a dirty star and thought "pretty."

And they're building a bigger stadium? Yikes....

I wonder if they'll block out sections like Jacksonville does so their games won't be blacked out?

155,000 on the waiting list and I've been trying to sell my season tix below face value for over a month now w/ no takers.....something doesn't add up.

There are not 155,000 people who want season tickets. There are 155,000 names.

It's a marketing ploy.

My guess is that there are probably 15,000 to 25,000 people seeking season tickets. And probably 3,000 to 4,000 tickets are available each year.

I've been on the list for a long time now, and never gotten emails for tickets. :(

I finally got an offer this season I accepted naturally I think it took maybe 10 years. Try something next season call the ticket office in march or april and ask where you are on the list I did this and they told me I was like 20,000 something so I waited untill after Tickets were mailed in late july early August and called again with the same question, guess what they told me they were trying to contact me and I had come off the list how many tickets do I want. I was in shock but shelled out the cash for 3 nosebleed seats also got red parking passes for buying 3 tickets. Anyway I dont know if my first call showing interest put me in a good position and the second call may have done it, as far as I know they never sent me an e-mail or a letter telling me I was on deck for tickets.

I'm really surprised at the number of folks who claim they're on the list and haven't been contacted. I'm so surprised that I think I'd contact the office and verify that you're on the list.

If nothing else, do you folks really think that Dan effing Snyder has a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers of Redskins fans, and he's not using that list for anything?

I've been on for 5 years now. Of course I get the club level offers. And you do get offers for tickets when road teams don't fill their allocation. Every road team is allocated so many tickets for each game. Alot of teams fans don't buy up so they give back to the Home team. Guarantee you will never see a team giving back Redskin road allocation. Its not the tough ticket it once was because of the size of the stadium and the access to the internet to get tickets on Ebay and Stubhub etc. Getting tickets at RFK, now that was a big deal. My mother worked in a law office and one of the clients (I think the guy was a bookee) always sold her tickets so I got to go alot with my Dad growing up.

I wonder if the Redskins should implement a yearly fee for being on the list. I know other teams do this. Do they want to artificially inflate the wait list or do they want people that are serious about being on there? I think they would want people that are serious about being on there to help out their ticket office and such.
Snyder likes the big list because he can use it for marketing purposes. He make his money by charging a $50 fee for every new season ticket holder's seat.
155,000 on the waiting list and I've been trying to sell my season tix below face value for over a month now w/ no takers.....something doesn't add up.
Might be that buyers know they don't get the rights. Might be your seats just aren't that great.

I was on the list for only 3 years and when my name came up, they offered me 4 seats, which I took. And, no, I didn't buy the club level because it costs a fortune.

I've heard people who say they've been on the list for 10-15 years. Maybe it was a glitch.:D

At my first ever Skins game, a September 2000 Monday Night loss to the Cowboys, I signed up for the list. They called me just before the start of Spurrier's second season. Just shy of three years.

I just recently got 4 nosebleeds this year directly from the redskins after about 7 years on the list.

I would really like lowers though, because for the past 12 years I've always got tickets through a friend... but recently that hook-up fell through. I'm not sure if I'll be able to adjust to the nosebleeds too quickly.

Does anyone know how long you'll have to wait to get upgraded to the lower level... or even "lower" in the upper section? Do they ask you every year if you'd like to move up?

Archived