Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen King: The Mist

pez

Is this the one about the secret government project that opens the interdimensional rift?

Was it written under his pseudonym Richard Bachman?

No.... mist falls over a town with unknow "creatures" in it.... man and his son and other townspeople are trapped by the mist in a grocery store....

Trust me... it is better than my little sum up..

I thought I've seen this one before...

Oh right...

the 1980 version - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080749/

the 2005 version - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432291/

Except it was by John Carpenter and called "The Fog" but sounds similar. I hope "the Mist" by King is better.

Edit: there is no intended sarcasm in the above post. It honestly sounded vaguely familiar but couldn't put my finger on it til i searched the vast internets. And i honestly hope King's is better. The Fog had potential but was lacking. And the 1980 version pummeled the 2005 version.

Further Editing: After more researches. Other than fog and mist and horror...not much other relations between the two. My bad. Carry on.

I also read the story, and really enjoyed it.

That said.... most of King's works have been terrible when translated to the big screen, so I don't have very high hopes for this at all.

Lastly.... and off topic.... the best Stephen King story IMO was "Eyes of the Dragon". I was never much of a reader, but that book was a gift when I was about 13 years old, and I could not put it down. Man, I'm going to have to go on Amazon to see if I can find a copy.

The Fog absolutely destroys almost everything of King's that has even been brought to the screen, with the exception of Carrie and The Shining. So let's leave that classic horror masterpiece out of the equation.

Here's hoping this doesn't fall somewhere between Graveyard Shift and Maximum Overdrive. It does have a chance to be good due to the fact that it's based on his earlier work, and not that "psychological" horror crap he has been trawlling out lately.

Lastly.... and off topic.... the best Stephen King story IMO was "Eyes of the Dragon". I was never much of a reader, but that book was a gift when I was about 13 years old, and I could not put it down. Man, I'm going to have to go on Amazon to see if I can find a copy.

Eyes of the Dragon was published in 1987, that would have made you 22, not 13. A you sure you're not mixing it up with something else, or are you not really 42?

Here's hoping this doesn't fall somewhere between Graveyard Shift and Maximum Overdrive. It does have a chance to be good due to the fact that it's based on his earlier work, and not that "psychological" horror crap he has been trawlling out lately.

Well, to be fair, it is being directed by Frank Darabont, whose last two Stephen King -based movies were the Green Mile and Shawshank. Hopefully, he will go 3 for 3.

I've read that Darabont has changed the ending up a little and that it's even more disturbing than King's.

This is one of the rumored endings floating around:

After leaving the HoJo to try and reach Hartford.......Drayton's Jeep runs out of gas. He then shoots the other 3 occupants and then himself just before a hazmat crew shows up.

• 10 months later...
Just rented this flick from Blockbuster.

What a ****ed up ending to an otherwise entertaining movie. I'm scarred for life, gonna go hug my kids now. :(

It was actually a really good movie. It defiantly wasn't Stephen King's best adaptation. I think that goes to Green Mile.

It was actually a really good movie. It defiantly wasn't Stephen King's best adaptation. I think that goes to Green Mile.

The Green Mile was good, but The Shawshank Redemption was better. Stand By Me might have been better too.

Archived