Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast's Kelli Johnson

RabidFan

I've heard some tales that Shawn Springs and her have been hooking up for awhile now.

As much as I find her attractive... and I normally wouldn't turn her down under most circumstances.... I just have a serious problem with women who get involved with professional athletes.

Having worked in sports journalism, that's an EXCELLENT point, as it creates a serious conflict of interest that could threaten one's credibility. But, you mentioned women who get involved with professional athletes. First, why are you against it and would you feel differently if it was say a male sportscaster hooking up with a female professional athlete?

I hate you stwasm :silly:

Seriously though, how'd you get that close to her?

It's okay. Everybody hates me! :laugh:

She was interviewing Jason Campbell at the DC Auto Show and I just worked my way up to where she was.

Meantime, how about some love for ESPN's Doris Burke. She has that small-town charm about her.

Stewart-DorisBurke052207.jpg

I've heard some tales that Shawn Springs and her have been hooking up for awhile now.

As much as I find her attractive... and I normally wouldn't turn her down under most circumstances.... I just have a serious problem with women who get involved with professional athletes.

I feel the same way about Canadians.

Having worked in sports journalism, that's an EXCELLENT point, as it creates a serious conflict of interest that could threaten one's credibility. But, you mentioned women who get involved with professional athletes. First, why are you against it and would you feel differently if it was say a male sportscaster hooking up with a female professional athlete?

Its actually a pretty weak point for a guy like Die Hard.

Come on guys, talk about perpetuating the double-standard....sheesh. And stwasm, you know better. Die Hard, not so much.

Here's my point. I don't hear you guys discussing who Steve Czaban's banging....what lucky dog is sticking it to Pastabelly or Dr. Z? Why is that?

I'm a little sheepish I even commented on her attractiveness. Murf and I had a long conversation a year or so ago with Ms. Johnson where she talked about how hard it is to be taken seriously as a female sports reporter. I mean, seriously, think about it. The predominantly male peers she's working with likely make the same comments we do. They're no less the leg humpers than most of us. I believe its true that female sports journalists, even the really good ones like Kelli, have to work a LOT harder than their semi-talented complacent male counterparts - not to get work (they enjoy a converse advantage there), but to get respect.

Of course there is a lot of eye candy hired for sports TV out there. Thats a damn shame, because it really diminishes the talents of someone like Kelli Johnson.

So yeah, I know you'd hit it. I just think theres a lot more to this lady than that. And who she sleeps with - thats none of your business guys :)

Its actually a pretty weak point for a guy like Die Hard.

Come on guys, talk about perpetuating the double-standard....sheesh. And stwasm, you know better. Die Hard, not so much.

So yeah, I know you'd hit it. I just think theres a lot more to this lady than that. And who she sleeps with - thats none of your business guys :)

Seriously John. Geez, we talk about females and who they've slept with and would hit who on this board since its inception (Brittney Spears=KFed, Jessica Alba=Derek Jeter,Angelina Joe=Billy Bob Thorton). But somehow Kelli Johnson is above it.... and who a person sleeps with all of a sudden isn't our business?

Why? Because you had a conversation with her?

I don't think I'm perpetuating a double-standard by saying I don't respect women who have a "thing" (sexual relationships) for professional athletes. I'm simply stating my own standards.

I'd expect you'd have standards too.... but if you did, than that would make your post completely hypocritical.

Do you honestly think that I couldn't come up with at least a dozen examples right off the top of my head that would expose your own double-standards? Do we really need to go through that exercise?

Damn, Die Hard is in love.

Go on with yo' bad self! :laugh:

See, now I'm waiting for Tarhog's response to this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208953

At this point, I'm awaiting Tarhog's response that he read the interview that went along with the photo spread.... and that the interview "humanized" her and that she's much more than simply eye candy or sex object and that she's a a human being with feelings and abilities too..... and who she sleeps with is none of our business :)

Seriously John. Geez, we talk about females and who they've slept with and would hit who on this board since its inception (Brittney Spears=KFed, Jessica Alba=Derek Jeter,Angelina Joe=Billy Bob Thorton). But somehow Kelli Johnson is above it.... and who a person sleeps with all of a sudden isn't our business?

Why? Because you had a conversation with her?

I don't think I'm perpetuating a double-standard by saying I don't respect women who have a "thing" (sexual relationships) for professional athletes. I'm simply stating my own standards.

I'd expect you'd have standards too.... but if you did, than that would make your post completely hypocritical.

Do you honestly think that I couldn't come up with at least a dozen examples right off the top of my head that would expose your own double-standards? Do we really need to go through that exercise?

Oh - I'm not put myself above the hypocrisy - I'm wading in it. Whether I'm guilty as hell or not (and I'm guilty as hell), it really doesn't diminish the point that sometimes, just to throw the other gender a bone, we should give them some credit beyond how bad we want to hump their legs.

I'm not having a nosebleed over it - just pointing out that sometimes, the reason women characterize us as disgusting pigs, is that we are disgusting pigs :)

I know her a little. She's extremely nice - one of the nicest people I've met out there. So yeah, I'll 'protect her' a little in this conversation, more so than I might some obvious ho like Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan. I don't really see any hypocrisy there. Just human nature. Kind of how we have a different standard for what we'd find acceptable when it comes to talking about other people's wives vs. our own.

I knew I'd get a rise out of you - so my work here is done.

Kellie is hot and does a great job she might have been better than Sage (who is also hot) for ESPN first take.

Anybody else get the feeling that her and Jason have somthing going on? They go bowling together a awfull lot. I doubt Jason would give that much time to somebody like chic Hernandez. :whoknows:

:puke: Sage is busted man. Kelli Johnson has no body either. :laugh:

See, now I'm waiting for Tarhog's response to this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208953

At this point, I'm awaiting Tarhog's response that he read the interview that went along with the photo spread.... and that the interview "humanized" her and that she's much more than simply eye candy or sex object and that she's a a human being with feelings and abilities too..... and who she sleeps with is none of our business :)

No. I can't stop looking at her ***s. To 'humanize', I'd have to get a lot lot closer.

• 1 month later...

I flew back from Boston to BWI this morning and I was on a small plane with KJ. I actually had no idea it was her until we had landed and the 2 guys who were sitting next to me turned out to be Comcast camera guys. She is beautiful and has a very natural, confident way about her. It was nice to see her out of the makeup and just being her.

And sorry, no pics :doh:

I flew back from Boston to BWI this morning and I was on a small plane with KJ. I actually had no idea it was her until we had landed and the 2 guys who were sitting next to me turned out to be Comcast camera guys. She is beautiful and has a very natural, confident way about her. It was nice to see her out of the makeup and just being her.

And sorry, no pics :doh:

Archived