Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hillary's Campaign Contributors

USS Redskins

Could be crooked funneling of money, or perhaps not.

The guy who wrote the story for the WSJ online should probably try to find out for sure before insinuating that it is, but you know, that's not really his primary goal.

Of course not. I like how he explains how they all have low paying jobs, live in a fairly inexpensive house, and then at the end slides in that one is a mutual fund exec.

It isn't obvious how the Paw family is able to afford such political largess. Records show they own a gift shop and live in a 1,280-square-foot house that they recently refinanced for $270,000. William Paw, the 64-year-old head of the household, is a mail carrier with the U.S. Postal Service who earns about $49,000 a year, according to a union representative. Alice Paw, also 64, is a homemaker. The couple's grown children have jobs ranging from account manager at a software company to "attendance liaison" at a local public high school. One is listed on campaign records as an executive at a mutual fund.

Slick. :laugh:

Of course not. I like how he explains how they all have low paying jobs, live in a fairly inexpensive house, and then at the end slides in that one is a mutual fund exec.

Slick. :laugh:

1. I think the point is that you can lie on the form about your job, and there is no way to check it.

2. Let's assume that he is mutual fund exec and has the money. Why is he giving money under his parents name using their address?

At best, it seems the son is giving money to the parents to then donate.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200708280016

WSJ omitted key information in article about Clinton donations from "unlikely address"

Mullins gave no indication he actually tried to get financial information regarding "how the Paw family is able to afford such political largess." Indeed, Lawrence Barcella, a Washington attorney representing Mr. Hsu, said in an August 28 statement, posted on Talkleft.com, that he offered to provide it: "I told the reporter [presumably Mullins] and his editor that I had reviewed the Paw's [sic] financial records, which clearly demonstrated that they easily had the financial wherewithal to make any level of contributions. ... I asked the reporter, in the presence of his editor, if I got permission to let them see the Paws' financial information, which shows their resources, would they not run the story? His editor responded 3 times that they were running the story anyway." The August 28 article did not address the purported offer of the Paws' private financial information. Instead, the Journal simply reported:

Lawrence Barcella, a Washington attorney representing Mr. Hsu, said in a separate email: "You are barking up the wrong tree. There is no factual support for this story and if Mr. Hsu's name was Smith or Jones, I don't believe it would be a story."

I'd like to hear one of her Chinese fans pronounce 'Hillary Clinton'.

Hirry Crintnn!

On topic: I pity the dumb****s that think one side is better/different than the other, as a rule, when it comes to who a political party will take money from.

"WSJ omitted key information in article about Clinton donations from "unlikely address"

Mullins gave no indication he actually tried to get financial information regarding "how the Paw family is able to afford such political largess." Indeed, Lawrence Barcella, a Washington attorney representing Mr. Hsu, said in an August 28 statement, posted on Talkleft.com, that he offered to provide it: "I told the reporter [presumably Mullins] and his editor that I had reviewed the Paw's [sic] financial records, which clearly demonstrated that they easily had the financial wherewithal to make any level of contributions. ... I asked the reporter, in the presence of his editor, if I got permission to let them see the Paws' financial information, which shows their resources, would they not run the story? His editor responded 3 times that they were running the story anyway." The August 28 article did not address the purported offer of the Paws' private financial information. "

Bears repeating. I wonder if the original poster is paying any attention.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/08/30/clinton-to-donate-contributions-from-fugitive-fundraiser/

Whether he ALSO funneled money through another family or not...seems they were barking up the right tree...just maybe for the wrong reason.

Does the score remain 0-1? In favor of Hillary? And why is she giving the money back, along with all the others, if there really is nothing to see here?

Archived