Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop the press. Model franchise, Ravens, starting a rookie at left tackle.

Art

Gaither is getting whipped off the ball, jumping off sides and looking positively like the ideal person to protect McNair. Wonder if the Baltimore Sun will lead with the insanity of using a rookie to back fill for your Pro Bowler at the spot?

Gaither is getting whipped off the ball, jumping off sides and looking positively like the ideal person to protect McNair. Wonder if the Baltimore Sun will lead with the insanity of using a rookie to back fill for your Pro Bowler at the spot?

Please don't let Jasno in on this Art, his coverage could be devastating upon his relationship with Billick. :laugh:

A potential first round pick in 2008 that they got for a 5th because he failed out of school and their front office made the correct move.

Now its time to attack attack attack.... someone said something bad about the Skins --- go on the offensive Art it is your duty as a lapdog to stand up and bark.

Ok what the hell have i missed lately??

I have not read the article that everyone is talking about but by chance was he staying you should not start a rookie T because of have having a young QB that could get hurt, and didn't that QB get hurt while the young T was playing??

A potential first round pick in 2008 that they got for a 5th because he failed out of school and their front office made the correct move.

Now its time to attack attack attack.... someone said something bad about the Skins --- go on the offensive Art it is your duty as a lapdog to stand up and bark.

Better to be a lapdog for a team I say I like than to have callus on your knees in constant support of anyone or thing other than the team you say you like. At least my duty is pure. Your's appears to have a sickening aspect to it. BTW, Heyer appears to be better against the Ravens than Gaither does against the Skins. What do you think that means? Maybe a guy who wasn't a first-round pick because he was too dumb to get good grades might not be the best idea. Or, heck, maybe it means EVERY TEAM DOES this so, what's the dealio.

Are you joking dude? You have your nose so far up the Post's jock it's a wonder you can take the time to actually watch the game.

Clearly they were desperate, having to "trade a 2008 draft pick for a rookie LT".

Excellent point. One NFL Executive I've spoken to said, "Gaither has the size you dream about to be a left tackle, but, he is very slow off the ball and has no football intelligence. No one would put him in the lineup yet."

Excellent point. One NFL Executive I've spoken to said, "Gaither has the size you dream about to be a left tackle, but, he is very slow off the ball and has no football intelligence. No one would put him in the lineup yet."

...and that executive is Ozzie Newsome. :D

Come on, that would be funny.

Are they being forced to start Gaither due to injury or are they giving him a shot to see what he can do? It could be that they figured a weak D-line was the best time to give him a shot and see what he can do. Seriously, if you were in charge of developing Heyer and had to pick a D-line to break him in, who else would you pick?

Are they being forced to start Gaither due to injury or are they giving him a shot to see what he can do? It could be that they figured a weak D-line was the best time to give him a shot and see what he can do. Seriously, if you were in charge of developing Heyer and had to pick a D-line to break him in, who else would you pick?

Well, Baltimore, I guess, given Heyer seems to be playing better than Gaither. But, indeed, they are starting him due to injury. Like we're starting Heyer. That's the point. Neither guy will be seen again until August 2008.

Better to be a lapdog for a team I say I like than to have callus on your knees in constant support of anyone or thing other than the team you say you like. At least my duty is pure. Your's appears to have a sickening aspect to it. BTW, Heyer appears to be better against the Ravens than Gaither does against the Skins. What do you think that means? Maybe a guy who wasn't a first-round pick because he was too dumb to get good grades might not be the best idea. Or, heck, maybe it means EVERY TEAM DOES this so, what's the dealio.

:applause:

Someone got internets owned.

Ogden had a toe issue, one that might keep him out up to four games into the regular season.

I thought Heyer looked good tonight.... and is definitely a good young player for depth at LT. With Wade backing up the right... I'd say we have the ends covered. With Pucillo back to reserve G/C, and Kendall a surefire starter, we're solid there too. What we're missing is a young road grader at guard, maybe two, that are getting valuable coaching and experience behind Thomas and now Kendall. That will become priority next offseason.

Gaither? Bleh.... he looked liked the undrafted rookie tonight.

...and you know what's funny about that Art, I specifically remember Brain Mitchell on the air, habitually criticizing the Skins for not giving up a draft pick for Gaither. "that's why the Ravins are a successful franchise, and the Skins fail, why wouldn't they take a look at this guy etc..."

Who knows, maybe the reason they didn't give up a draft pick for the guy, is because they were interested in another guy all along :)

I highly doubt a writer from the Batimore Sun could find three different NFL personnel people to say that the Ravens are out of their mind for starting that rookie at left tackle. But please, don't let logic and facts stop your homerish rants...

By the way, how many sacks did Gaither give up last night?

I highly doubt a writer from the Batimore Sun could find three different NFL personnel people to say that the Ravens are out of their mind for starting that rookie at left tackle. But please, don't let logic and facts stop your homerish rants...

By the way, how many sacks did Gaither give up last night?

I believe he surrendered as many as Heyer, with, the difference being he couldn't block Carter and Heyer could block the men he had to go against. How do those facts help you in this conversation?

But, you are generally right to doubt any writer could find any NFL executive who would say a team should not start a rookie at left tackle. You're almost there. See if you can find the rest yourself.

Archived