Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop the press. Model franchise, Ravens, starting a rookie at left tackle.

Art

Skinsn,

The article we're talking about here he was intentionally dishonest. He was expressly told by the team that Heyer was playing well. He was expressly told by his super secret source that Heyer was holding up well. And he crafted an article that brushed the edges of reality by minimizing that. For example, the top secret source who told him how shocked he was the Redskins left Heyer on an island was countered by Heyer saying he was and it was helping him know he could play in the league you see. I mean, it IS shocking the Redskins would allow Heyer solo duty on the edge. That's obvious. What's not is it's also shocking he's done his BEST work in those situations. That is when he's been his best.

The fact that he identified a story he wanted to write and WROTE it in spite of having different information that countered it is dishonest.

Shadow,

As hard as it is to believe, the Redskins really didn't make a move at guard because Jason wrote a story about Heyer not really struggling. The team never said Pucillo or Wade was game ready, so, no one thought either was. It's likely the case the team having that opinion of their left guard probably always had an ear to the ground at the position and certainly did a fine job of bolstering the spot.

Art, points well taken. Can you link me the articles in question so i can give them a reread. I appreciate it. By the way, its good to be back on here in a consistant way.

And you know this? What the hell is an "Old School" Ravens fan anyway? Someone over the age of 20?
Yes. I know this. Do you really think it’s that hard to find biographical information on a reporter for a major newspaper? Jason La Canfora was born in 1974 and spent his entire youth in Baltimore City. Crabtown and Baltimoreans in general have a huge inferiority complex towards Washingtonians and the our beloved Burgundy and Gold. Washingtonians on the other hand could give a flying act-of-sexual-intercourse about Bal’mer and I’m sure this fans the purple flames.

I just wish I was one of the lucky few to have been given the magical kool-aid that allows me to see no fault in this team.

I wish I was brainwashed enough to constantly stick-up for a team that has time and time again failed to live up to expectations.

It's pretty damn sad that some of you would rather attack the post then come to grips with the mistakes this team has made. Instead of calling the team on their short-comings, you'd rather attack the Post. Sad.

I just wish I was one of the lucky few to have been given the magical kool-aid that allows me to see no fault in this team.

I wish I was brainwashed enough to constantly stick-up for a team that has time and time again failed to live up to expectations.

It's pretty damn sad that some of you would rather attack the post then come to grips with the mistakes this team has made. Instead of calling the team on their short-comings, you'd rather attack the Post. Sad.

Its not about the team, its about JLC and his piss poor reporting and manufacturing drama when none should exist.

If you want to be negative about all things Redskins and still be a fan, thats your problem not mine.

I expect beat reporters that cover the team I'm a fan of, to actually cover the the team and not make **** up.

I don't drink the kool aid. I watch a team that deserves criticism by the media because it's been to the playoffs 2 times in 15 years.

Jason makes up stuff just because he hates the skins. That I don't like.

Like when JLC said the line was a concern, Joe Gibbs said the line wasn't, then the skins make a trade for Kendall?

Only someone who doesn't pay attention to the team or has an agenda would paint JLC's "influence" in that light. Kendall's name had been bandied about as a possibility all throughout the offseason. JLC was ragging on Heyer. Guess what. Kendall is a guard, not a tackle. Guess what, Heyer isn't starting on opening day. Guess what, we don't know whether or not the Redskins were waiting to pull the trigger until they had evaluated their in house options. Guess what, we don't know if that's what they had intended all along. Guess what, we didn't bring in another left tackle. Guess what, JLC was completely wrong when he said Kendall wasn't available for a trade just over a week ago. JLC really has no idea what he's doing. He has no great insight. It doesn't take a rocket science to suggest we lack depth on the offensive line, but his suggestions that Heyer is an immediate bust, that it is somehow peculiar to have a rookie as your backup left tackle, that Fabini or Wade would take his spot in the preseason... all wrong, all silly, all biased, all lazy reporting.

Its not about the team, its about JLC and his piss poor reporting and manufacturing drama when none should exist.

If you want to be negative about all things Redskins and still be a fan, thats your problem not mine.

I expect beat reporters that cover the team I'm a fan of, to actually cover the the team and not make **** up.

So what your saying is he should have wrote a article about how Jansen was getting bull rushed every play and our O line can not push the line of scrimage 2 inches on a 1st down running play?????

He pointed out somthing that is a concern I don't care what the coaches say it is a concern if you feel good about Heyer and Wade or Puccilo at that point that the article was written, somthing is wrong with the way you think. Is Baltimore in a better postion??? NO They do not want to go into the season with Gaither starting did they get a article? NO.. big deal it sounds like "but Johnny didn't get grounded" little kid whining. They get the benifit of the doubt because their teams managment is not as screwed up period.

Archived