Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop the press. Model franchise, Ravens, starting a rookie at left tackle.

Art

The media here is so light it is not even funny, so hearing people complain about JLC being negative is very funny to me.

I think the media here in DC just doesn't pile on. If the Redskins lose, Tony K or Wilbon break down what went wrong and give their opinions based on some element of fact.

JLC made a stupid reactionary post, and was simply DEAD wrong to be so outraged. Its almost reminiscent of Brick Tamlan from the movie Anchorman yelling "Loud Noises!" as he had no idea what was going on around him.

Dude how do you know he's a Ravens fan? And since when does that have to with anything? I've talked to Jason before, I used to chat with him a lot before I switched jobs and lost his email. I never really got the impression that he was a huge football fan. We never even talked about the Skins. We talked about hockey, the Pixies and how crappy the weather is in upstate NY.

Now, Jerry Coleman seems to me to be more of a Ravens fan. Some guy called into 980's 5th Quarter Show last night and said that Coleman was on the sidelines cheering for the Ravens. Pollin promptly hung up on him. I think that guy is un-necessarily negative and couldn't carry Bram's shoes.

Yeah, sure. Born and raised in Baltimore City. Not only a Ravens fan, he’s an old school Ravens fan. The younger ones aren’t nearly as bad. He’s from the generation that was around when the Colts left town and blames the Redskins as a roadblock to getting an expansion team. He’s still hung over from the beating that Baltimore took from the Colts in the playoffs last year.

Yeah, sure. Born and raised in Baltimore City. Not only a Ravens fan, he’s an old school Ravens fan. The younger ones aren’t nearly as bad. He’s from the generation that was around when the Colts left town and blames the Redskins as a roadblock to getting an expansion team. He’s still hung over from the beating that Baltimore took from the Colts in the playoffs last year.

:notworthy :applause:

He is as old school baltimore as they come. Not sure why he would be the beat reporter for the Washington Post.

Oh wait, the post has a beef with the Redskins!

And you know this? What the hell is an "Old School" Ravens fan anyway? Someone over the age of 20?

Exactly you did say "largely lifeless." A statement which was invalidated by one simple play.

Also, your negative broad sweeping, and false, generalization about his play calls into question any other observations you make. The fact that you continue to defend your inncorect statement AFTER it was completely invalidated points to a larger motivation behind your assertions.

You must still be in elementary school with that kind of logical thinking.

LARGELY is defined as "for the most part; MAINLY". Your example of one play doesn't contradict my argument. It just shows that you don't know how to read.

Again, BROAD SWEEPING implies that I'm being absolute and I'm not. I said when the Redskins just sent their front four against the Ravens, that Carter's play was not anything to write home about. You bring up one freakin play, one play that had nothing to do with how Carter was playing, just how a guy basically fell down on the play.

I think your homer card is up for renewal.

Do a little basic research and you will see he is from baltimore, a colts fan until they moved. Heck email him and he will tell you. Use Logic.

Do a little READING of the thread and you'll see that I've already talked to him, many times, in the past. Just because he's from Baltimore doesn't mean he's a Ravens fan and even if he was (which I doubt), it doesn't mean that he can't be objective.

You must still be in elementary school with that kind of logical thinking.

LARGELY is defined as "for the most part; MAINLY". Your example of one play doesn't contradict my argument. It just shows that you don't know how to read.

Again, BROAD SWEEPING implies that I'm being absolute and I'm not. I said when the Redskins just sent their front four against the Ravens, that Carter's play was not anything to write home about. You bring up one freakin play, one play that had nothing to do with how Carter was playing, just how a guy basically fell down on the play.

I think your homer card is up for renewal.

I'm a homer because I won't jump on board with your baseless negativity? :laugh: Thats great.

At any rate its okay that you can't admit that you are wrong. When you describe a player as "lifeless," however qualified, you aren't being objective. Its a wholly negative term used by a guy intent on towing his negativity through the thread. The fact that this is lost on you shows that you aren't very smart. Once you grow up a little and admit your error we can delv into some of your deeper issues.

Do a little READING of the thread and you'll see that I've already talked to him, many times, in the past. Just because he's from Baltimore doesn't mean he's a Ravens fan and even if he was (which I doubt), it doesn't mean that he can't be objective.

I READ your posts and you OBVIOUSLY have NO CLUE as to anything jason except that he was a caps fan and like the pixies.

You obviously didn't know him well.

If you chose to educate yourself instead of asking "how do you know" you might sound better. then after asking "how do you know" you argue I am incorrect. do some research.

he is from baltimore.

he was a colts fan.

a ravens fan

and a caps fan.

if you were such good friends with him you would know this. obviously you don't.

Out of curiosity' date=' have any of you ever lived in the New York area?

Because, frankly, in New York, Jason would be considered a suck-up.

All you need to know about New York sports media, is the #1 talk show features a co-host who openly cheers against New York teams in Chris Russo.[/quote']

EXACTLY! I just lived in NYC for 3 months, it was amazing but their writers are so harsh.

Jason is a little negative and he is seen as not doing his job, a hater, or totally out of line. Its out of control the way people bash the guy for being slightly skeptical and negative about a team that went 5-11 and for the last 5-10 years has been bottom of the barell.

I'm a homer because I won't jump on board with your baseless negativity? :laugh: Thats great.

At any rate its okay that you can't admit that you are wrong. When you describe a player as "lifeless," however qualified, you aren't being objective. Its a wholly negative term used by a guy intent on towing his negativity through the thread. The fact that this is lost on you shows that you aren't very smart. Once you grow up a little and admit your error we can delv into some of your deeper issues.

Hey man, we are all still skins fans here, think u should chill on the insults a wee bit.

I READ your posts and you OBVIOUSLY have NO CLUE as to anything jason except that he was a caps fan and like the pixies.

You obviously didn't know him well.

If you chose to educate yourself instead of asking "how do you know" you might sound better. then after asking "how do you know" you argue I am incorrect. do some research.

he is from baltimore.

he was a colts fan.

a ravens fan

and a caps fan.

if you were such good friends with him you would know this. obviously you don't.

I never said I was his friend. What part don't you understand? R E A D.

I posted on what we talked about and gave my opinion. I doubted if he was a Ravens fan, because I don't know (nor do I care) and asked how you know what you posted (again READ), and you haven't provided any evidence. I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know. Additionally, if he was a Ravens fan, it doesn't necessarily disqualify him as being a beat reporter. You probably don't know this, but people can write and report on subjects objectively. It's an immediate reaction these days for people, like YOU, to read something that they don't agree with and immediately question a writer's agenda. I don't agree with everything that JLC writes about, but it doesn't mean he can't be objective.

I never said I was his friend. What part don't you understand? R E A D.

I posted on what we talked about and gave my opinion. I doubted if he was a Ravens fan, because I don't know (nor do I care) and asked how you know what you posted (again READ), and you haven't provided any evidence. I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know. Additionally, if he was a Ravens fan, it doesn't necessarily disqualify him as being a beat reporter. You probably don't know this, but people can write and report on subjects objectively. It's an immediate reaction these days for people, like YOU, to read something that they don't agree with and immediately question a writer's agenda. I don't agree with everything that JLC writes about, but it doesn't mean he can't be objective.

You ACT like you know him so well. I READ your posts, and you argue my point.

He said it in one of his online chats. RESEARCH.

He also says quite frequently in his online chats he is from fells point area. RESEARCH.

I also have an email from him which is quite indicting of him and his feeling towards the Redskins. I am not sending it out.

I basically told you what I know. For some reason you don't like it.

Bottom line, no "beat" reporter for the redskins should be:

a) a homer

B) a hater

It should be someone objective. Based on an email he sent I label him as category b...Hater.

I don't disagree with stuff he posts per se...but some of his posts are blatantly anti Redskins which I don't think makes for good reporting. And he NEVER has any "Insider" information...other than "his sources at the park". Now I will ASSUME (I know the cliche) his sources aren't very high up in Redskins Park as they aren't real Wash Post friendly....

Obviously you have chosen to think he is Mr. Objective which is your choice.

You want proof, go to the post, and drop him an email. He will be glad to show you his true colors.

:cheers:

Out of curiosity' date=' have any of you ever lived in the New York area?

Because, frankly, in New York, Jason would be considered a suck-up.

All you need to know about New York sports media, is the #1 talk show features a co-host who openly cheers against New York teams in Chris Russo.[/quote']

Zzz.... to satisfy your curiosity, I live there now. Frankly, in New York, Jason wouldn't have a job period. He's just not that good. And people fail to realize how diverse the media is in NYC. You have hugely popular papers up here that are essentially tabloids (NYPOST, Daily News, etc). You expect drama, bias, and soap opera storylines from those outlets.

The problem is J La C is a Ravens fan from Baltimore. He falls into the Baltimore camp that grew up with disdain for Washington Redskins. i agree we haven't done anything in 15 years deserving of respect, but J La C is a Redskins Hater who gets his kicks from mocking the franchise. Thats my problem with him.

What's your basis for saying he is in the Baltimore camp?

Even so, how does it matter whether he is or isn't?

Don't you, as a fan, essentially hate what the Redskins have produced over the last 15 years?

Doesn't it follow that someone who supposed to look at these things objectively might find more faults with a team than fans who are willing to overlook things here and there?

And if you seriously think that JLC is the type of person who gets his joys from kicking a down dog, then call the WP and tell them that's why you no longer subscribe. End of story.

Well Snyder is a jerk too but it doesnt excuse a writer, and let me remind you who he is writing for....uuuuhhhh DC, needs to use his position for personnal attacks on the organization.

I might have missed this. But what personal attacks?

Attacks on the Redskins don't qualify as personal. I would be quite interested, though, to hear what specific personal attacks he's made.

He makes drama where there is none. He is dishonest in his reporting.

Where is he dishonest? He reports some rumors in his blog that may not pan out, but dont we want rumors?

Show me a post article where he intenially was dishonest in his reporting.

Seriously, the skins should not be celebrated by any media outlet (except redskins.com) there is NO reason to be postive, none.

The Ravens are a model franchise because they were 13-3 last year. They won a superbowl a few years back and have been to the playoffs a bunch since. That's why they are a model franchise.

The Redskins are not a model franchise, because we were 5-11 last year, and 3 of the past four years we've lost 10 or more games, and we haven't sniffed a superbowl since the President's dad was the President.

Who give a crap about backup left tackles? Honestly? Can we please just win some games and THEN complain when we don't get respect like winning teams get?

Hell, lets win some game and then don't complain. Or do. I don't really care.

Let's just win some GD games. Sheezus.

Skinsn,

The article we're talking about here he was intentionally dishonest. He was expressly told by the team that Heyer was playing well. He was expressly told by his super secret source that Heyer was holding up well. And he crafted an article that brushed the edges of reality by minimizing that. For example, the top secret source who told him how shocked he was the Redskins left Heyer on an island was countered by Heyer saying he was and it was helping him know he could play in the league you see. I mean, it IS shocking the Redskins would allow Heyer solo duty on the edge. That's obvious. What's not is it's also shocking he's done his BEST work in those situations. That is when he's been his best.

The fact that he identified a story he wanted to write and WROTE it in spite of having different information that countered it is dishonest.

Shadow,

As hard as it is to believe, the Redskins really didn't make a move at guard because Jason wrote a story about Heyer not really struggling. The team never said Pucillo or Wade was game ready, so, no one thought either was. It's likely the case the team having that opinion of their left guard probably always had an ear to the ground at the position and certainly did a fine job of bolstering the spot.

The Ravens are a model franchise because they were 13-3 last year. They won a superbowl a few years back and have been to the playoffs a bunch since. That's why they are a model franchise.

The Redskins are not a model franchise, because we were 5-11 last year, and 3 of the past four years we've lost 10 or more games, and we haven't sniffed a superbowl since the President's dad was the President.

Who give a crap about backup left tackles? Honestly? Can we please just win some games and THEN complain when we don't get respect like winning teams get?

Hell, lets win some game and then don't complain. Or do. I don't really care.

Let's just win some GD games. Sheezus.

I don't believe anyone's asking for unearned respect. I believe the thrust is we not take manufactured heat for something so common in the NFL. For a 5-11 team there would likely be more to focus on than us doing what just about everyone else in the league does as if we're unique. If the model franchise because of a good record last year and a Super Bowl several years back is doing something, it's probably not weird we are. Catch my drift?

Archived