Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog - Pete Kendall To The Rescue

JimmiJo

As I mentioned in the other thread, this is a great move. ANyone who thinks Kendall's value over the next 2 years is not worth more than a 2009 4th rounder (i.e. 2008 5th rounder) doesnt know much about "value" and the draft. How many 5th round quality starters do you see out there. There are more out of the leaguers than top quality starters.

This turns a MAJOR weakness into a strength. I think this is shaping up into a playoff run provided Campbell leads the team and doesnt try to be hero

any reason the jets let this guy go if hes so good? i think he dropped down the depth charts for a rookie. can anyone explain this?

Hey man, I know you are a Redskins fan, but it seems you have a hard time being happy about ANY of the moves we make.

The reason he wanted out of N.Y. is because of money, and he felt disrespected when the Jets wanted him to play Center but he made a fuss about it in the media.

This is a good move, and will help YOUR team, be happy with us.

This is what happens when you don't sign your young homegrown free agents before they hit the open market. They get overpaid by some other team and you end up getting forced to trade away future draft picks for 34 year old players.

I don't care what the Dockery haters say, he was very important to the offensive line. He didn't deserve the contract he got but it could have been avoided.

horse.gif

Hey man, I know you are a Redskins fan, but it seems you have a hard time being happy about ANY of the moves we make.

The reason he wanted out of N.Y. is because of money, and he felt disrespected when the Jets wanted him to play Center but he made a fuss about it in the media.

This is a good move, and will help YOUR team, be happy with us.

I feel the same way about BLC...Kendall is clearly an upgrade.

Heh. So who are those people who claimed the FO learned their lesson? That the FO wasn't going to trade picks for players anymore? As I've been saying, they haven't done it because they haven't seen the need this year, at least until now.

I guess they decided to not continue rolling the dice on Wade and Pucillo and go out there and get someone who you know can do the job. Personally, I've been increasingly thinking that offering the guard job to Wade was really a carrot to get him to sign a long term deal to provide a solid backup at both tackle positions. I'm sure they were serious about the guard move, but they were thinking at the worst that they had a good lineman locked up.

As an update to the depth chart, Heyer probably will continue backing up Samuels and Wade will go back to backing up Jansen.

Jason

This is unquestionably a good move and I was very pleased to discover it when I got up this morning.

Dockey's gone....let's all move on. The team is obviously only willing to overpay for players they feel are worth overpaying for. Some of their moves work out (Randy Thomas)...some don't (Can you say TJ Duckett?). Still, for any team in the NFL it's a crapshoot. Just ask the Raiders how happy they are at the moment with their hotshot rookie QB.....or how much return the Browns have gotten from Kellen Winslow, Jr. compared to what we've gotten out of Sean Taylor. Kendell may break a leg first day in camp (I REALLY hope not) but you've got to give it a shot.

This gives us offensive line depth, flexibility AND experience. For a draft pick in either 2008 or 2009 it's a good move. We'll work out the draft pick situation as we move forward. I didn't think we had much in the way of picks this year, either....but I'm pretty happy with the guys they got with what we had (Blades, Sartz). I had grave concerns about the O-line yesterday..not so much today. Wade, Pucillo, Heyer....they can all now plug into their natural positions and help out the team as a more functional unit...whether starting or backing up. In addition, although the experiment with Wade and Heyer may not have worked out well to date...long term it gives each of those players experience at other positions and will only help them - and us - in the end.

Solid move, 'Skins.

HTTR

I think Kendall still has at least 2 more years left, but we have to start looking at drafting a RT and a LG in next year's draft and have them groomed for a year. This is in addition to the DE that we so desperately need.

I don't know if RT is as much of a need if Heyer continues to develop. We also have Wade under contract for three years if Jansen falls apart in the meantime.

I am pretty sure that they will be looking Guard high next year, tho. They probably will look at DEs as well.

Jason

I don't know if RT is as much of a need if Heyer continues to develop. We also have Wade under contract for three years if Jansen falls apart in the meantime.

I am pretty sure that they will be looking Guard high next year, tho. They probably will look at DEs as well.

Jason

SKins need to look at possible starting Guards, DEs, and WR and finding diamond in the roughs like blades in the upcoming draft years

How long will it take him to get into the swing of things here under Saunders' system?

Is it different for a lineman to learn a new system vs. a skill player?

Is this something we should be concerned about? or will he basically be able to plug right in and succeed?

Any insight?

Archived