Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog - Pete Kendall To The Rescue

JimmiJo

The question becomes 'how soon will he play?'

And if right away, does Wade move to left tackle until Samuels returns?

Only if Campbell is taking the snaps and we know that won't happen this week. I think the risk reward for Heyer getting more work is greater, not that I want to see Collins or Brunell get killed.

did you ever think dock's agent knew he'd be getting a pay day. Skins prolly gave him a decent deal but his agent knew the market and prolly knew what type of deal he could get. Its a business.

I doubt very seriously that his agent knew two years in advance that his client would get the contract he did.

It is a business and this front office is aways a step behind the game.

He's an above-average guard who figures to have two to three good years left in him. This is a solid move given our problems there and short-term risks to Campbell's blind side due to the problems on the left side of the line in general.

The question now is where does Wade go, and will he challenge Jansen for the RT spot?

Wade will probably be a swing tackle, backing up both Jansen and Samuels. It's a roll he is well-suited for.

Keep in mind, that we had a lefty at QB for the last three years so Left and Right Tackle have been switched around to begin with.

Part of me suspects that this move is Heyer's ticket to the practice squad though. I'm not sure how many backup linemen we are going to carry.

Wade obviously. Pucillo is still our top backup at guard. We probably need to keep a backup center. It starts to get crowded after that.

He's an above-average guard who figures to have two to three good years left in him. This is a solid move given our problems there and short-term risks to Campbell's blind side due to the problems on the left side of the line in general.

The question now is where does Wade go, and will he challenge Jansen for the RT spot?

No question he can play another 2 years after this, barring injury. Many guards play until 35 and 36, in fact remember a guy named Ray Brown who played until he was 40. Its al about talent, preparation, and of course staying fairly healthy. This gives us time to draft a 2nd round guard in 2008 and then groom him for a year or so. GREAT MOVE SKINS! I thought this move should have been made 2 weeks ago. Thats the only problem. Skins screwed up there.

If we get three years out of Kendall for what turns out to be a 4th or 5th round pick, then its a good trade. Odds are against a 4th rounder contributing that much in the same time frame. Still, I hate seeing us giving away all of the picks that we do.

And who might that be...PFT, NY Daily News (already linked to on this site)?

Interestingly, JLC hasn't nailed down which pick we're giving up. If he had a source with knowledge of the situation, like Andyman, he'd know it's a conditional pick. :)

yup...JLC is a dipstick.

How long will it take him to get into the swing of things here under Saunders' system?

Is it different for a lineman to learn a new system vs. a skill player?

Is this something we should be concerned about? or will he basically be able to plug right in and succeed?

I don't care what the Dockery haters say, he was very important to the offensive line. He didn't deserve the contract he got but it could have been avoided.

I think we should've given Dock a modest extension after the 2005 season, I think he would've taken just single digit millions at that point for his signing bonus.

Per NFL.com

Posted: 8 minutes ago

Jets trade Kendall to Redskins for fourth-round pick

NFL.com Wire Reports

The New York Jets have traded disgruntled left guard Pete Kendall to the Washington Redskins for a fourth-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, according to the NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Kendall has passed a physical, allowing the deal to be completed. Schefter is also reporting that Kendall, 34, has signed a new two-year deal with Washington.

This will be the fourth stop for Kendall, who was drafted by the Seahawks in 1996.

Per NFL.com

Posted: 8 minutes ago

Jets trade Kendall to Redskins for fourth-round pick

NFL.com Wire Reports

The New York Jets have traded disgruntled left guard Pete Kendall to the Washington Redskins for a fourth-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, according to the NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Kendall has passed a physical, allowing the deal to be completed. Schefter is also reporting that Kendall, 34, has signed a new two-year deal with Washington.

This will be the fourth stop for Kendall, who was drafted by the Seahawks in 1996.

We don't have a fourth round pick in the 2008 draft.

Brilliant.

It takes guts for the FO and coaches to admit they have a problem. Kendall is a proven player and to give up a 4th in 09 is not much at all. That's what, one less Manuel White Jr.?

Our offensive line just got good again! Wade is wonderful insurance for Jansen. Heyer is getting great experience. Pucillo will play in jumbo packages and can backup multiple positions.

I like it all. I just don't know who we cut.

Archived