Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMB - Giants defense looks bad without Strahan

HapHaszard

http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/40451.html

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — With or without Michael Strahan, the New York Giants defense has a lot of work to do after being exposed by the Carolina Panthers.

Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith combined for an opening-drive touchdown pass and receiver Taye Biddle caught touchdown passes of 23 and 85 yards to lead the Panthers to a 24-21 victory on Saturday night in the matchup of teams looking to rebound from .500 seasons.

For the Panthers, the game was a positive. Their offense played well for new coordinator Jeff Davidson, and their first team defense look good in limited action.

On a Giant related sidenote:

I really do like that fantasy football commercial with the Shockey fan talking about "Ballet" parking. Tom seems good natured, but I bet he wishes that guy had picked a different teams jersey. :D

TheFan

I don't think he can afford to retire. He's hurting for money after the divorce settlement. 15 million, lost his house, and close to $200k/month in child support I think.

TheFan

200k/month in child support? wtf?

Actually, he had a prenup and his ex-wifes assets are currently frozen, but shes trying to still sell his ****.

Remember, the Giants are playing in an entirely new defensive scheme that none of them have played in before. The game against Carolina the other day was the first real action they have used the defense in. It will take them a few games to get used to things.

But if you guys want to judge how the Giants will be based on their first preseason game, good for you.

']Remember' date=' the Giants are playing in an entirely new defensive scheme that none of them have played in before. The game against Carolina the other day was the first real action they have used the defense in. It will take them a few games to get used to things.

[/quote']

A few games? I would expect it to take at LEAST 6.

']Remember' date=' the Giants are playing in an entirely new defensive scheme that none of them have played in before. The game against Carolina the other day was the first real action they have used the defense in. It will take them a few games to get used to things.

But if you guys want to judge how the Giants will be based on their first preseason game, good for you.[/quote']

I don't know Tom, that was a rough first half to watch as a Giant fan. Preseason or not, they're first team pretty much owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. It was pre-season for Carolina too, and isn't Carolina playing with a new offensive coordinator as well?

Either way, what's got me most concerned, is after all the talk about how our secondary needs to improve, they actually look worse.

#49 Dahl. Just awful.

1 15 yard penalty

1 TD totally his fault

1 TD where he gave no coverage over the top

The kid should of been cut at halftime, luckily he is the giants 3rd or 4th string safety. Gibril wilson and James Butler both looked bad though, Demps played well. The giants were just undisciplined in gap control (kiwi, mitchell, joseph) and marcus bell was getting driven back at DT every play. I liked the play of Osi, Tuck, Deossie, the quarterbacks, and the run game. Other than that not much the giants did right. Still only preseason, but count me as worried.

I fully expect the Giants and Skins to duke it out for first in the NFC East. Neither team is getting any props this season, everyone is talking about how ****ty we look in our first preseason game, etc.

It's always the ones you least expect. Ask Saint's fans.

Archived