Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMB - Giants defense looks bad without Strahan

HapHaszard

I read Kiwi didn't do too well in his first game at OLB. His progress and the return of Strahan will be key to the Giants D.

Did Tuck start and if so, how did he play?

Kiwi looked overaggressive. Joseph started at DE, tuck was 2nd team. Joseph had no gap control or containment and tuck made some nice stops at or behind the LOS, he looked good. I believe I read that demps and tuck will see a lot more reps with the first team after this game. Kiwi was targeted by the panthers and wasn't blitzed much if at all, i really believe in the season the giants are gonna blitz kiwi every second play, just like guys like merrimen, lavar (in his good years), and julian peterson. Definitely some problems in the giants defense right now, tackling and playing disciplined needs to be stressed.

I read Kiwi didn't do too well in his first game at OLB. His progress and the return of Strahan will be key to the Giants D.

Did Tuck start and if so, how did he play?

Tuck played the with 2's and looked pretty good. Word out of camp yesterday said he was now practicing with the 1's.

Kiwi looked overaggressive. Joseph started at DE, tuck was 2nd team. Joseph had no gap control or containment and tuck made some nice stops at or behind the LOS, he looked good. I believe I read that demps and tuck will see a lot more reps with the first team after this game. Kiwi was targeted by the panthers and wasn't blitzed much if at all, i really believe in the season the giants are gonna blitz kiwi every second play, just like guys like merrimen, lavar (in his good years), and julian peterson. Definitely some problems in the giants defense right now, tackling and playing disciplined needs to be stressed.
I thought the Giants were going to start Tuck. He deserves his shot, Joseph had already proved to be ineffective. Tuck and the now injured Wilkinson were the two the Giants should have been talking up more in the off season.

Although I'm sure they will blitz Kiwi often, I don't see it happening as frequently as you. He is going to need to learn that position in a hurry and I'm not sold on that happening.

1 15 yard penalty

1 TD totally his fault

1 TD where he gave no coverage over the top

The kid should of been cut at halftime, luckily he is the giants 3rd or 4th string safety. Gibril wilson and James Butler both looked bad though, Demps played well. The giants were just undisciplined in gap control (kiwi, mitchell, joseph) and marcus bell was getting driven back at DT every play. I liked the play of Osi, Tuck, Deossie, the quarterbacks, and the run game. Other than that not much the giants did right. Still only preseason, but count me as worried.

The TD before halftime wasn't his fault as the CB should have drifted back, but he played the up man when he was already covered. The long pass was his fault. He didn't get over in time and the 15 yarder was questionable IMO. The receiver got his hands on the ball and wasn't really "defenseless" I'll give you guys that one.

I thought the Giants were going to start Tuck. He deserves his shot, Joseph had already proved to be ineffective. Tuck and the now injured Wilkinson were the two the Giants should have been talking up more in the off season.

Although I'm sure they will blitz Kiwi often, I don't see it happening as frequently as you. He is going to need to learn that position in a hurry and I'm not sold on that happening.

Wilkinson got hurt and mitchell is more proven, athletic and bigger than him. Tuck was hurt to start camp so I hope that is why he didn't get the start over Joseph. Joseph was really impressing in camp but he is really only good as a third down DT, a short yardage DE, or depth at both. Tuck has shown a lot in the run game and can rush the passer effectively, i want him out there (rather have strahan for this year). I don't know how much Kiwi will be blitzed but if spags uses him like he wants to, as in moving him around and getting running backs or TEs blocking him then i think he can be effective. In the nickel packages kiwi moves back down to DE so he will definitely be rushing a lot in those downs.

Archived