Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark vs LaRon Landry

emor09

Injury prone? You must be mislead son. He was hurt once in Highschool and was not hurt in collage, and was not hurt in the NFL untill last year. You need to know your facts.

he has had 3 different injuries in the last year (shoulder, hand, knee) that sounds injury prone to me

You know how it is when a player gets one injury all of a sudden there labeled injury prone. Its usually the idiots that dont kno crap about the player. A healthy Clinton Portis is a top 5 RB in the league

like i just said...3 seperate injuries in 12 months...that is injury prone

We should have kept Champ Bailey

I was just thinking this the other day, but there's no point in living in the past. What I DO know is w/Bailey and Darrell Green a part of our history, we've had two of (possibly) the top 5 CB's to ever play the game (too bad that Bailey didn't end up spending his entire career here like #28 did).

Ryan Clark IMO fit our system very well and had the right chemistry with the secondary. Not to mention he was an absolute bargain

The money burned on Archuleta, and to that Landry, instead of re-signing Clark has already come back to bite the team in the ass

I think Landry is going to be great, but a guy like Clark is what you need on a title team

my most vivid memory of clark is ladanian stiff arming him into oblivion en route to a game winning touchdown in overtime. even archuleta would've stopped that. so i'm banking that landry is the real deal.

Woah Woah Woah!!!! Ok, Clark <<<<<< Landry, but please don't say Adam "out of position" Archuletta would have stopped the best RB in the game right now. :doh:

exactly, dont get me wrong, I love Clinton but right now hes making me wish we had Champ Bailey back
Moot point. Bailey was gone- he wanted to leave, we were just able to get something out of him. There was no way we could've kept Bailey, it was more than the money, it was the changing defense all the time too. He just didn't want to be here, period. Can't change history.
I was just thinking this the other day, but there's no point in living in the past. What I DO know is w/Bailey and Darrell Green a part of our history, we've had two of (possibly) the top 5 CB's to ever play the game (too bad that Bailey didn't end up spending his entire career here like #28 did).
Deion was here too. Deion, Green, and Bailey...at their peaks together, that'd be unbelievable.

When did Ryan Clark become Ronnie Lott?

He couldn't beat out Matt Bowen!!!

And Archuleta wasn't as bad a fit here as people believe. When they signed him he fit in perfect, but when Springs went down we had no depth at corner and instead of playing more man on the outside allowing him to creep up on the box, like we are going to use Landry this year, we had to play more cover 2 and he didn't fit well due to his lack of speed in that defense. GrEGO Williams needed a scapegoat and Archuleta was it. Thta said, he didn't fit with Kenny Wright and Mike Rumph on the corner so he had to sit, but not the entire season and should have been used in certain situations more on defense.

Kind of a silly question comparing Ryan Clark to the 6th pick of the draft.

People were quick to forget the missed tackles or blown end-zone coverages that were all too frequent with Ryan Clark. He wasn't a threat against the run and he wasn't particularly athletic. He overachieved in one season here and found himself benched in Pittsburgh soon after signing a contract of starter's money.
Maybe blown-coverages but you're really overstating the missed tackles or run support. Ryan was excellent in run support, getting trucked by the best RB of our time isn't really such a knock. He certainly overachieved and wasn't that athletic in coverage, but he was a good tackler.

He wasn't benched in Pitts either, he pulled his groin. Though he might lose the starting role to Anthony Smith this year.

Moot point. Bailey was gone- he wanted to leave, we were just able to get something out of him. There was no way we could've kept Bailey, it was more than the money, it was the changing defense all the time too. He just didn't want to be here, period. Can't change history.

Deion was here too. Deion, Green, and Bailey...at their peaks together, that'd be unbelievable.

the point about Bailey is spot on. there was no way he was coming back, so there's no way "we should've kept him". he didn't want to be here plain and simple

deion was past his prime when he got here tho.

concerning the thread, i fully believe that Landry will be better than Clark. As stated earlier, i think alot of Clark's liabilities get overlooked because he was replaced with someone worse in AA. If Landry doesn't end up being better than Clark, we're in trouble

even archuleta? last time i check LT is the best RB in the NFL!

and at least AA is strong enough to bring him down. RC wasn't.

Woah Woah Woah!!!! Ok, Clark <<<<<< Landry, but please don't say Adam "out of position" Archuletta would have stopped the best RB in the game right now. :doh:

adam archuleta is weak in coverage, meaning he's a liability on passing plays. his strength was/is run support.

also, up until his demotion, he either led or was among the leading tacklers on the team.

i don't have a man crush on aa but i'm not going to throw him under the bus simply because his tenure here didn't work out and he's now an ex skin like most of the folks here.

Clark was solid, not awesome, but solid with 3 INT's and 2 FF's. If Landry can do that this year, that would be pretty good for a rookie season. If Landry is anything like Landry across the Wilson bridge than we can expect a couple sacks, a handful of INT's, and some solid tackling. Here's hoping the brothers are equally talented. We know Dawan is.

The same people who were NOT pumped about AA coming here were the same ones who were saying we shouldnt have let Clarke go. AA was not a super popular person on these boards when he was signed and Clarke let go.

That said, Landry has the potential to be better than Clarke was(though maybe not right away). Clarke was a coverage safety, and he did well at that. He wasnt a big hitter(though he threw himself in there). Right off the bat Laundry will be a better safety in the box, but it might take a little while for him to get to that point in coverage. I do believe he will get to that point soon enough though.

Archived