Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark vs LaRon Landry

emor09

We should have NEVER gotten rid of Danny "The REAL Number 17" Wuerffel either.

dannywuerrfel.png

:silly:

I know you're joking, right... the real number 17? Allow me to remind you of Doug Williams, who also asked Jason Campbell to wear number 17...to continue the legacy of the number, 17!

Oh yeah, lets not forget about Billy Kilmer.

i think you may have said something that everyone on this board would agree with.

A Happy, motivated Champ? Certainly. But thats not the Champ we would have been left with. He would have rocked in this defense :(

I know you're joking, right... the real number 17? Allow me to remind you of Doug Williams, who also asked Jason Campbell to wear number 17...to continue the legacy of the number, 17!

If you didn't realize the sarcasm in his post, than I'm quite worried about you.

Clark was solid, not awesome, but solid with 3 INT's and 2 FF's. If Landry can do that this year, that would be pretty good for a rookie season. If Landry is anything like Landry across the Wilson bridge than we can expect a couple sacks, a handful of INT's, and some solid tackling. Here's hoping the brothers are equally talented. We know Dawan is.

can't resist.

you don't cross the wilson bridge to get to baltimore from ashburn

Landy is much better than Clark. The safety position has evolved from being literally a safety (meaning stopping breakaway touchdowns) to having another playmaker on the field. Landry is a playmaker, a gamechanger. Clark was a safety. He stopped touchdowns and supported. Landry has the speed and smarts to do what Clark did AND knock heads AND intercept passes AND support the run AND make offenses quiver. If Landry realizes his potential, we will have two of the top playmakers in the league on defense.

All overrated, in my honest and humble and truthful opinion.

(If you don't get jokes... I can continue to be sarcastic all day long, my friend. )

so from the sounds of it...if Landry becomes a bust (knock on wood) no one on here should be complaining about losing Ryan Clark

Bad logical deduction. Clark fit our system and held a position we didn't need fixed. The Skins management went out and broke that position and Landry is an attempt to fix it and upgrade to boot. If he fails damn right we'll all still be complaining about the move that broke the secondary in the first place.

Bad logical deduction. Clark fit our system and held a position we didn't need fixed. The Skins management went out and broke that position and Landry is an attempt to fix it and upgrade to boot. If he fails damn right we'll all still be complaining about the move that broke the secondary in the first place.

I have to agree. clark was the perfect fight for our safety needs and would have only improved with more time gelling with ST and learning the system. the AA debacle should have been avoided by a much cheaper and more effective FO decision.

saying that though, I am very excited at the prospect of two elite safeties in our backfield. if LL lives up to the hype, him and ST could go down as the best safety tadem in the history of the NFL and god only knows what that will do for our D in the big scheme of things.

We should have NEVER gotten rid of Danny "The REAL Number 17" Wuerffel either.

dannywuerrfel.png

:silly:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i personally miss sean "one glove" matthews..i thought he was the best because he thought he deserved to wear #9 since that was "his" number. yeah, sonny who again?

Ryan Clark IMO fit our system very well and had the right chemistry with the secondary. Not to mention he was an absolute bargain

The money burned on Archuleta, and to that Landry, instead of re-signing Clark has already come back to bite the team in the ass

I think Landry is going to be great, but a guy like Clark is what you need on a title team

Agreed. And IMO we have one in Prioleau.

Personally, I have never felt more comfortable going into a season about our secondary as I do at this moment.

ok, last offseason we screwed up with Adam Archuleta. But a lot of people were pumped that he was coming here, then when he sucked EVERYONE said "i knew we should have kept Ryan Clark".

So what i want to know is, do you think Landry will be better than Clark was?

I dont want Landry to be a bust (knock on wood) and everyone comes back and says "We shoulda kept Clark!" or Landry to be a star and everyone say "Ryan who?"

i think Landry will be better....what do you think?

FOR THE LAST TIME CLARK IS GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

"For those who are about to die, we salute you"

We will be the only team in the league with two safeties of such quality, and this in turn will allow Gregg Williams to do things that no other defense in the league can do.

Which is why a bazillion teams will be after Williams again next season, and I believe he will go because Danny will make it clear that Bill Cowher will be our next coach after Gibbs leaves. Gregg has too much ego to be bypassed by this team for another coach, even one as good as Cowher. He will leave.

Speculation? Oh, yeah--total! But it should get everyone talking (and hey, a guy can hope, right?). :D

Clark was good because he had the chemistry with Taylor. He knew how to line-up the secondary. I definitely didn't think Adam was worth the money he signed for. Clark didn't do all that great in Pittsburgh. I think Laron will be better, just cause physically speaking he does look like a SS. Once he gets the verbal down, he'll be set. :helmet:

Ryan Clark was a below average fan favorite S who had problems in coverage and stopping the run.

LaRon Landry is being called the next Brian Dawkins. Clark in his wildest dreams would'nt be able to compare to Dawkins.

Anyone who calls Landry the next Brian Dawkins has zero credibility. He's never played a snap as a professional. Thats just silly.

Then again, comparing Landry and Clark is silly on more than one front.

Archived