Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doug Williams throwback question

Robbnva

OK I was in the OC this weekend and saw a Williams throwback, #12 with the Bucs. I have always wanted a throwback jersey and Williams did win us a superbowl, but my 2 questions are

1. If I wore it would people even know it was doug williams?

2. Would I get made fun of because it is a TB jersey?

OK I was in the OC this weekend and saw a Williams throwback, #12 with the Bucs. I have always wanted a throwback jersey and Williams did win us a superbowl, but my 2 questions are

I think most would, maybe some less knowledgable fans wouldn't since Williams is more known for his SB tenure here and not his TB tenure

Are you talking about at a game at FedEx? Then yeah, probably by somebody.....somebody would say "Why are you wearing a TB jersey? or why aren't you wearing a Williams Redskin jersey?

I think you'd confuse a lot of confused Redskins fans. They're confused enough, as is evidence from many that post on this very message board. Confusing some of us Redskins fans by wearing a TB jersey even though it's of a former SB Winning QB is only going to cause more confusion, and chicken little is sure to start dancing the tango with the anit-christ while chewing on melba toast if you were to purchase and wear the jersey to Redskins games.:2cents:

HTTR

HTTR

If you like D. Williams, go for it. I dont think people would have a problem with it, being that when Williams was the QB for Tampa, we really weren't competing with them much. I might not wear it @Fed Ex when Tamp was playing, but other than that......

I like those Bucs teams myself. Lee Roy Selmon was a beast Jimmie Giles was a damn good TE and Ricky Bell was a really good back untill.....

What is wrong with getting a Doug Williams #17 Throwback Jersey?!?!? Just kidding. :D

I got a good friend of mine a Doug Williams #12 Grambling Throwback Jersey for his birthday and he will be wearing it next season when the Redskins come to Qwest Field to play the Seahawks.

Would you wear a throwback Sonny eagles jersey?

That being said, do you wear a jersey that you think is cool or that others think is cool?

Go with what YOU want.

I agree 100% with both of these statements, it really is what YOU want and not what other people want.

1. Where can I get the Grambling jersey, I would rather have that one.

2. Since TB is one of our NEW rivals I guess I will not sport the TB jersey, just like the anaology made to the Sonny Eagles jersey. No diehard redskins fan would wear an eagles jersey, no matter what redskin player used to play for them.

3. HTTR

If you are a big DW fan then get the jersey. If you want it for fashion reasons...well that's ghey. I suggest getting a Mitchell and Ness Doug Williams Redskins jersey if you want a throwback... :2cents:

would anyone in their right mind wear a monk eagles jersey? that has to be the most painful thing ever.

**** NO!!!!!!!!!

I think you'd confuse a lot of confused Redskins fans. They're confused enough, as is evidence from many that post on this very message board. Confusing some of us Redskins fans by wearing a TB jersey even though it's of a former SB Winning QB is only going to cause more confusion, and chicken little is sure to start dancing the tango with the anit-christ while chewing on melba toast if you were to purchase and wear the jersey to Redskins games.:2cents:

HTTR

HTTR

I was like, melba toast at a game, how nosh. :laugh: :D :laugh:

Don't do what you want...do what others think is cool. That's what I've done all my life, and I'm loved by everyone...but I cry alone at night while cuddling with several stuffed animals...I'm 23.

So like I said, the choice is yours.

I've always had the urge to wear jerseys or other stuff by people like Otto Graham, Vince Lombardi, Curly Lambeau, or Deacon Jones, who were with us as coaches after great careers or as a player briefly. But now that I think about it, it'd be like wearing a Bruce Smith jersey or a Crimtime Deion jersey, they're just known for other stuff than being with the Skins. If I were to wear a jersey, I'd only wear one of a player who has been with us since we drafted him...which is why I threw away my Stephen Davis jersey.

Archived