Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bramlet Cut

Dirk Diggler

Its only because of his ankle, missing games. So that's an issue, but when he plays he is top 10.

leftwich has a rocket for an arm, but hes not very mobile. this is his last season to get it together. hes got 2 first round picks over 6'3 to throw to, one of the best runningback tandems in football, a pure beast of a FB, and a solid Oline. if he cant get it together this year, hes gone.

Oooooo! It would be Leftwich, Campbell, Palmer. Lefty is 3 times the QB Campbell is. That would be sweet!

dont be foolish. Campbell has yet to start an entire season therefore he could be average OR he could pan out to be an all time great. we will see very soon. sandwich on the other hand has had multiple years to demonstrate his mediocrity.

I really hope this move was based purely on talent and ability, and not driven by the consideration of draft status, pedigree, etc.

From everything I have read or seen, Palmer has not been outshining Bramlet in such dramatic fasion.

Have to admit, I would rather them have kept Bramlet over Collins or Palmer.

No - this is his 4th year. - Eligibilty for the PS is first 2 seasons, so keeping him would mean giving him a roster spot.

Thanks Jimster. I thought he may still be eligible because he was only on a team roster for one year in 2004 with the Bengals and I don't think he has ever been on a practice squad.

leftwich has a rocket for an arm, but hes not very mobile. this is his last season to get it together. hes got 2 first round picks over 6'3 to throw to, one of the best runningback tandems in football, a pure beast of a FB, and a solid Oline. if he cant get it together this year, hes gone.

Agreed, but until last year he had Fred Taylor, a weak O line, and his best receiver was a QB. If he hadn't hurt his ankle again last year and played, there would be no concern in Jacksonville and we would have no chance at him.

Some people are also saying that Garrard should be the starter aren't they?

No. I frequent their board. There were some(what they call) Garrard "nuthuggers" for a while basically because Lefty "couldn't stay healthy". In reality he has only had one injury. The same one twice. Should have had surgery the first time and didn't.

I am very dissapointed that we cut Bramlet, and kept Collins. I don't see the logic in this move. Bramlet is a young QB w/ a possable future, while Collins is an ages veteran who has no future as a quality starter or backup.

If it comes down to your 3rd QB, do want someone who's played in the NFL before and knows your system, or someone who looked good in a less talented league running a watered down offense?

If it comes down to your 3rd QB, do want someone who's played in the NFL before and knows your system, or someone who looked good in a less talented league running a watered down offense?

Agreed.

If we can keep Collins on the roster for his guidance and intangibles AND keep Palmer on the practice squad as our young QB to develop, we'd be in good shape.

The only way this bothers me is if we lose Palmer, then I won't like it. If it comes down to it, I'd prefer they cut Collins, make him a QB coach, and keep Palmer as the #3.

However, currently, if we're down to our #3, we'd be better off with someone who can run the offense since it will be an emergency!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

People seem to forget that Collins was number 2 to Trent Green in KC not too long ago. To have him as a number 3 is an asset. People also seem to forget that he presided over the second-largest regular season comeback in NFL HISTORY, leading the Bills back from a 26-0 deficit to claim a 37-35 win vs. Indianapolis.

And where is this "he should be a coach" stuff coming from? :whoknows: Has he EVER said anything that would lead anyone to believe that he would even WANT to be a coach? Not that I know of.

My guess is, whether it's here or somewhere else the guy wants to play. Knowing what a ****y bunch QBs tend to be, I'd even speculate that he thinks he can do better than 3rd string.

In short, I wouldn't be so quick to write the guy off as an old has been who doesn't have the skills to be our 3rd stringer. :2cents:

]People seem to forget that Collins was number 2 to Trent Green in KC not too long ago. To have him as a number 3 is an asset. People also seem to forget that he presided over the second-largest regular season comeback in NFL HISTORY, leading the Bills back from a 26-0 deficit to claim a 37-35 win vs. Indianapolis.
Perhaps you're right, but at the risk of sounding cliche, "what have you done for me lately?" Last time I saw Collins play it was in preseason last year and after that performace, I'd rather sign Bledsoe two-weeks after a meth binge as my third quarterback. But as many have noted, it is the third quarterback. Most teams sink if their 1st stringer goes down, nothing to be ashamed about if we sink when Brunell goes down. :cheers:

Perhaps you're right, but at the risk of sounding cliche, "what have you done for me lately?" Last time I saw Collins play it was in preseason last year and after that performace, I'd rather sign Bledsoe two-weeks after a meth binge as my third quarterback. But as many have noted, it is the third quarterback. Most teams sink if their 1st stringer goes down, nothing to be ashamed about if we sink when Brunell goes down. :cheers:

I'd really like to forget last preseason if you don't mind. :laugh: Our whole team looked bad. :mad: ...and who did he have to throw to in those games? ;)

Let's wait and see what he does the next four weeks before we all start telling him to hang up his cleats. Saunders is obviously high on him for one reason or another and I'm willing to bet he knows better what he has in Collins than anyone here.

Collins will be gone soon enough once everyone's satisfied Brunell's healthy. Palmer will be the #3, aka clipboard holder.

I seriously didn't get all the Bramlet-lovefest, just like I don't get the Espy nonsense, and couldn't understand the obsession over Sultan McCollough.... :wtf:

Archived