Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bramlet Cut

Dirk Diggler

Ones played in the NFL, 1 hasn't.

oh come on, over the past decade he has thrown 27 passes. i dont care what the coaches saw, there is no way bramlet could have been worse than collins. hes younger, more mobile, and his arm is stronger. this was obviously a loyalty move, and collins probably has a better grasp of the playbook. but what does that really matter? i could study saunders playbook for 293048 hours, and grasp every facet of it, that doesnt mean i can execute any of the plays.

All this means is that Bramlet simply isn't an NFL QB, according to the Redskins. And, Jordan Palmer will be given a chance to really push Todd Collins. It's most likely that Palmer will wind up on the Practice Squad, but that's a little risky.

If Palmer plays well this preseason, I think he'll supplant Collins as the three QB and Collins will be released.

Hail,

H

is Mike Vanderjagt unsigned as of the moment?

I think he is a FA. He was in the probowl 2 years ago so he must still have a lil talent left. Even if he just makes Suisham step up his game it might be worth a look.

Here's how I see it:

1. Both Gibbs & Saunders agree on Campbell (for now).
  2. Brunell is Gibbs' guy.
  3. Collins is Saunders' guy.
  4. You'd have to assume they both agreed on Palmer since they drafted him.
  5. That leaves Bramlet the odd guy out, especially since Palmer tossed the TD in the scrimmage.

Let's just hope Jason stays healthy and performs well!!

situation with ramsey was a little different. and not all of us Skins fans were sold on bramlet.

True and true. I understand I made it sound like I'm saying there the exact same thing, but come on man... you know what I meant. :)

Not all of us Skins fans were sold on Ramsey either, right?

True and true. I understand I made it sound like I'm saying there the exact same thing, but come on man... you know what I meant. :)

Not all of us Skins fans were sold on Ramsey either, right?

no but ramsey was ON the team and was a starter so it was easier to pull for him and hope for big things. you kinda have to when the guy is in the B&G leading the team.

bramlet played collegex2 for us. while technically linked to the team he never attained the status that would have garnered him the hope and belief from the majority of the Skins faithful.

I honestly thought that Todd Collins might get cut. I was thinking of a depth chart that would look like this:

Campbell

Brunell

Bramlet

Palmer on practice squad.

But what do I know :)

Same thoughts I had. I was hoping to see quite a bit of Bramlett in nashville sat night. But I am looking forward to seeing palmer get quite a bit of action. I figure JC is in for 2 series. Brunell finishes the 1st quarter and 1 series into the 2nd. and Collins finsihes the half with 1 series in the 3rd quarter. and then palmer gets the rest....

Archived