Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Respect for Art

2006Skins

So many former NFL players who were contemporaries of Art Monk, including Jim Kelly in this article, say that Art Monk deserves to be in the Hall. Teammates and rivals alike are mystified that he's been denied. Coaches of that era too.

Why is it that those who played with him know he deserves it, but the voters don't?

Im not watching anything involving hof inductions until he gets in its not even because I love the skins its because you cant look at his numbers and make a point on why he shouldnt be there.... just trying to add chumps that are bigger names then him bottom line

Well that will change this year because, if I remember right, Dan Snyder is on the HOF committee this year. Plus the committee is starting to hear the rumblings of the fans getting more and more restless about Art not making it in. I bet you he gets in next year.

"2. Andre Reed, wide receiver, Bills

During his 15 years with the Bills, Reed caught 941 passes for 13,095 yards and 86 touchdowns — team records that may never be broken."

"1. Art Monk, wide receiver, Redskins

Like Reed, Monk's numbers are indisputable. He trails Reed by just 11 catches (940), ranking sixth"

941 - 11 = 930 as far as I know.

Loved the article, hate the errors though.

Im not watching anything involving hof inductions until he gets in its not even because I love the skins its because you cant look at his numbers and make a point on why he shouldnt be there.... just trying to add chumps that are bigger names then him bottom line

For me, it started 5 years ago... cancelled my Sports Illustrated subscription. Don't watch anything or buy anything that Peter King is on. When one man takes it upon himself to discount another man's achievements, I can't help him make money off of me. …when someone retired as the all time leading receiver in NFL history and you rubbish it, like it is some easy achievement it begs the question, what else could he have done?

Get on the police blotter? :mad:

Nobody loves Art Monk more than me, but let it rest for a while. He is going to get in the hall one day, and the media will start with the articles saying he begged his way into the hall of fame.

Trivia question true or false....

Art Monk has 3 jerseys hanging in the Hall of Fame right now?

Except for Ray Guy, who I'm torn on, I pretty much agree with everyone on that list although there are others I think are just as deserving. I too will be boycotting watching any HOF activities, unless there are other Skins involved, until Art finally gets in.

If Darrell Green gets in or the Skins play in the game, I'll watch. Otherwise, the HOF doesn't exist.

The problem is that the people who vote, never played. They never wore a jock strap (probably because they didn't make them small enough). These are the geeks who were never good enough to be picked when guys were choosing sides to play football at the park. So they become writers because they think it will make the players like them. So when a quiet guy like Monk comes along and he doesn't talk to them, they hold a grudge. I can really think of no other reason Monk is not in the Hall.

I thought this was going to be a suck up thread for Art the mod. :laugh:
I like Jumbo personally, but Art deserves some credit as well :)
Dang! I was hoping this was some respect for Art the mod here.....I greatly respect his opinions. He has great insights.

Of Art the MOD is going to get plenty of praise when he joins TW..dont worry!;) :logo:

The problem is that the people who vote, never played. They never wore a jock strap (probably because they didn't make them small enough). These are the geeks who were never good enough to be picked when guys were choosing sides to play football at the park. So they become writers because they think it will make the players like them.

You can ridicule sports writers with pedestrian jibes at genital stature, and athletic ability, but when you do so, recognize at least that their exclusivity prevents this from becoming the same buddy-buddy glad-handing club that the Pro Bowl is.

The problem is that the people who vote, never played. They never wore a jock strap (probably because they didn't make them small enough). These are the geeks who were never good enough to be picked when guys were choosing sides to play football at the park. So they become writers because they think it will make the players like them. So when a quiet guy like Monk comes along and he doesn't talk to them, they hold a grudge. I can really think of no other reason Monk is not in the Hall.

Not true---Dr. Z played college ball.

YAKUZA

Archived