Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Campbell fully prepared to lead Redskins (El Mergero)

at least he's not being regarded as a goof of a first round pick anymore

it just goes to show that people jump to huge conclusions on draft picks before we give them a few years to develop.

It bugs me when analysts and commentators trash players before they play a snap in the Nfl and then praises them like they knew they would be stars all along when they have a breakout season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

nfl_a_campbell_412.jpg

An offseason of hard work has worked wonders for Jason Campbell. Raw and wide-eyed a year ago, Campbell now feels comfortable in his role as the Redskins' leader, writes Jeffri Chadiha.

:point2sky :logo: :point2sky :logo: :point2sky :logo: :point2sky

Obviously this is not a shocking headline to us (the Burgundy & Gold faithful), but it is still nice to see ESPN giving us some good press for once!!

:cheers:

-S&S

Search and looked through the first two pages and didn't see this posted....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=2959642

ASHBURN, Va. -- There's a funny story that Washington Redskins wide receiver Antwaan Randle El likes to tell about third-year quarterback Jason Campbell.

It goes back to Washington's 20-17 loss to Tampa Bay last season, a game that also happened to be Campbell's first NFL start. As Randle El tells it, Campbell was so green that afternoon that he actually called a play in the huddle that included the wrong formation.

"By the time we got to the line of scrimmage, we were all pretty confused," Randle El says. "I know I was thinking that something didn't sound right when Jason called the play. But he knows the offense much better now."

This story is valuable for two reasons. One is that it still makes players such as Randle El chuckle nine months later. The other is that it's an example of how far Campbell has come since his first day on the job. In one offseason, the young quarterback has transformed himself from a raw, wide-eyed novice into a confident, eager leader of a team hoping to bounce back from a disappointing 5-11 season. And the best thing about Campbell is that he already feels comfortable in his role as a full-time starter.

Nice read....

Yeh, I just found it too. I knew I had read it. We've talked before about NNT'ing for lousy, lazy, or thought-free titles. Maybe its time. Stay tuned.

I actually merged the old ones into this new one because he at least titled his intelligently.

Great article I want to see what JC can do this season/

Am excited too. Campbell's problems last year were reads, and it sounds like he's put a lot of effort this offseason into reading the defense more quickly. With that said, am still a bit nervous he can perform consistently for all 16 games.

Archived