Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys, I need advice on school!

WVUforREDSKINS

I have 1 week before I am done with my undergraduate degree. The thing is, I don't think I am passing this last poly sci class. It is only 2 weeks and they cramed in an entire semester worth of material, the reading is the worst cuz there are 4 textbooks. I don't know if I can pass it (passing is a C or better).

It would suck to be one class away from graduating and then not getting my degree. I won't let that happen. My question is does anyone know of a way I can take a class at UVA, VA Tech, or Universiy of MD. Is there any kind of program they offer? I just need 1 upper lever Poly Sci class. I live in Fairfax County by the way. I know NOVA doesn't offer upper level courses like I need.

I am pretty down and depressed about this. It wouldn't have been a problem if a whole semester wasn't compact into 10 days.

talk to your professor. be up front, and see if he's willing to work with you.

I plan to do that monday. He seems to like me OK and I have taken one of his classes before and did fine. I just don't know what he could possibly do.

GMU has a good poli sci program. I'm sure they have an equivalent that would transfer.

:doh:

Can't believe I didn't even think about the school down the street. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Before you try and transfer something in, you should talk to an adivser and make sure they will take it. I essentially have complete authority for people in my program of study if we accept a transfer class like that, and for a higher level class, especially after you didn't pass the one you took there, I'd be very reluctant to take it.

Talk to your teacher to see if you can work out the class.

If that doesn't work, get more information on your universities' policies. I know someone who needed one more class to graduate and they basically let him graduate in May, even though he's taking his final (and last) class right now. There may be SOME sort of waiver issue that can be used to your advantage.

Personally, I think its dumb to even think of taking a 2 week course. Thats just...retarded. My 6 week summer courses are ridiculous enough that I can't even imagine the work required for a 4 week summer course would be...let alone a 2 week course.

Your best option is doing whatever humanly possible to pass that class.

Taking 1 specific upper division class is incredibly expensive. Some Universities don't even charge by credit, they charge kind of part-time/full-time fees per semester. (not sure if this is the case for the colleges you asked for) Even if they do charge per credit, you're going to have to pay all the BS fee's that will never effect you if you just need 1 class. (all the health insurance that you'll never need to use, student government, all that crap, etc)

Personally, I think its dumb to even think of taking a 2 week course. Thats just...retarded. My 6 week summer courses are ridiculous enough that I can't even imagine the work required for a 4 week summer course would be...let alone a 2 week course.

Its horrible!! It was the only time the class was offered unless I wanted to stay another semester for one class.

:doh:

Can't believe I didn't even think about the school down the street. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

:mad: Damn dude, what's with the disrespect? Especially after we made the Final Four. Granted, we're not WVU, but hell, were not in a middle-of-nowhere state either :silly:

Well, I just got my test back and it seems that I extremely underestimated my ability to B.S. essay questions. I got a C on it. I also talked with the professor and he will help me and answer questions outside of class so it appears in one week I will be a WVU alumni!

:cheers:

Thanks for the advice though.

Well, I just got my test back and it seems that I extremely underestimated my ability to B.S. essay questions. I got a C on it. I also talked with the professor and he will help me and answer questions outside of class so it appears in one week I will be a WVU alumni!

:cheers:

Thanks for the advice though.

you've been known to bash west virginia. i'm betting you'll miss morgantown at times. :)

It also makes sense that they wouldn't expect you to sythesize all the reading and material normally studied over 18 weeks in ten days. The big points are what you need to focus on. Congrats on passing and as other have said, if you still have work to do... you need to abstain and put your work first. No soup or ES for you.

Looks like it worked out - glad to hear. Nothing to do now but celebrate. Start at the Fish bowl, head down to Chicken bones, cross over to Gibbies and finish the night at Bent Willies. See you Saturday at the crab feast!

class of 95

Archived