Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One on one with Fred Smoot

themurf

Hey, I'm only 1/2 kidding. Its pretty intimidating at first. After awhile you figure out these guys don't realize you're 'internet boy' and think you're from channel 9. And then you just go along with the delusion and it gets easier :laugh: Least thats how I always felt.

No I get it. It wasn't jab at Jimmi in the least. I mean a lot of the guys asking questions have done it for a while, right? I'm just sayin'. I couldn't tell Jimmi's voice from a lineup anyway. Don't take it personally, Jimmi! I love your writeups! :)

I was just sayin in general.

No I get it. It wasn't jab at Jimmi in the least. I mean a lot of the guys asking questions have done it for a while, right? I'm just sayin'. I couldn't tell Jimmi's voice from a lineup anyway. Don't take it personally, Jimmi! I love your writeups! :)

I was just sayin in general.

Thanks man, but this day belongs to my partner. Look here, he is even getting love from the Washington Post:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/08/the_fred_smoot_interview.html

Hey wait a second! You are naked and that's no hairbrush...
When I get nervous I picture Tarhog naked ... and then I get distracted and forget what I was asking. So I don't do that anymore. Nevermind.

Hey...for a SMOOT interview I WOULD get naked.

;)

Hey wait a second! You are naked and that's no hairbrush...

please be sure to wash your hands.....and depending on who you talk to its BEFORE and AFTER!;)

Great Job Murf.

I have a question. Obviously you were well prepared for the interview and had questions prepared. As you were going through the interview did any of his answers direct you to a question you werent going to ask or did you pretty much stick with your scripted questions? I doubt you had planned to ask about the gramma smack, but other than that? Did any of his answers "throw you off" the direction you thought you would be going in the interview?

I also am a huge fan of Smoot and I had started a thread earlier asking about when the upcoming chats would be starting. In my opinion, this was better. Well thought out and complete. I truly believe his "happiness" will keep this team loose and enjoying what they do. I cant see these guys getting "tight" with Smoot Smack being dished out on the field. I wish he had never left. Lets hope he stays for a long time.:logo:

Weird that I read some of this interview from Dan Steinberg on the DC Sports Bog and in the Post

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/07/smoot_doesnt_like_your_grandma.html

Hey guys... I understand that Steinberg is being noted as "classy" for giving credit where credit is due, but is it just me or is he trying to take credit for something here:

Later I asked for clarification; if grandmamas were the only thing off, did that mean mom jokes were ok?

"I'll go to mama, but I'm not gonna do grandmama," Smoot confirmed. "I've got a little respect."

So that's mamas yes, grandmamas no, Ronaldinho yes, and Beckham no, I guess.

Did he actually ask that question? Cuz he certainly made it look so. :whoknows:

nice piece. i keep thinking about the first time portis touched the ball in a skins uniform and taking it to the house and just knowing that on that first pass play against miami smooty is gonna come out of nowhere and snag a deflection and take it to the house. i'm tellign you right now i've seen it happen in my head.

:point2sky yes that was great! If you see it in your head then I believe...Smoooot's taking to the house!

What is it like coming back home to the Redskins after these last two years? Watching you during minicamp it’s clear you’ve got your smile and your swagger back, how great is it going to feel the first time you make a play and the FedEx Field crowd screams “SMOOOOOOT!”

I feel good because I know that play is coming. I’m happy as a person, I’m happy as a player. I’m happy with the decision I made to come back. I’m just ready to step out at FedEx Field again because the last time I was there I had on the wrong colored jersey.

When Smoot comes onto the field at FedEx it is going to be amazing. Hearing Smooooooooooot again will be great.

Hey, I'm only 1/2 kidding. Its pretty intimidating at first. After awhile you figure out these guys don't realize you're 'internet boy' and think you're from channel 9. And then you just go along with the delusion and it gets easier :laugh: Least thats how I always felt.

:rotflmao:

Someone needs to buy you guys shirts that say "internet boy" :laugh:

Archived