Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2007 Training Camp - Day 2 - Morning (Final)

JimmiJo

This is truly making this training camp fun for me. The fact that I can get updates here and not have to wait for Comcast or *gasp* my local blurb of 10 second coverage by locals here in Richmond.

I am sure Paul Woody will have a good piece in tomorrow's paper but you can't beat updates right after practice. Thanks guys!

The reason we put the audio and pics up first is that we can do it quickly. The write-ups take more time because they have to be written :) And that takes more time than you think. Putting the audio and pics up first gets you 'something' fast so you can be looking/listening to that stuff while they work through putting together their thoughts.

Makes sense. Though I'll still go crazy wondering what happened today and if Ecker and Blades are okay.

Outstanding job all around. I'll just have to tame the beast in me that wants Christmas in July.

Daniels at Tackle a lot this year??? I know about Marcus off the end but I can't envision it happening a lot as in half of the downs of a posession.....Simeon Rice anyone? Who knows....Just can't imagine Carter on one side and Marcus on the other having two undersized DEs....could hurt our run defense.

Not much word on the Blades and Ecker injuries??? Carted off the field, man that can't be good.

JLC is saying that Blades didnt look to be too serious while Ecker needed more assistance...still no real confirmation.:2cents: :logo:

Daniels at Tackle a lot this year??? I know about Marcus off the end but I can't envision it happening a lot as in half of the downs of a posession.....Simeon Rice anyone? Who knows....Just can't imagine Carter on one side and Marcus on the other having two undersized DEs....could hurt our run defense.

It would probably only be on third and long situations.

JLC is saying that Blades didnt look to be too serious while Ecker needed more assistance...still no real confirmation.:2cents: :logo:

One of the veteran writers was saying that during two-a-days the team waits until the end of the day to update on injuries.

Injury update posted.

Thanks for the update, and all the info, guys. :cheers:

Glad to read Blades is fine, and it was nothing serious.

Too bad about Ecker. Hope it isn't too serious for him, either.

Fortunately for the team if it is serious, I don't think they were really counting on him that much this season.

One player who stood out was Sean Taylor who had no less than two interceptions today. The first came on a seam-route pass from Jason Campbell. We could not see who threw the second one because we had a wall of players in between but we believe it was Brunell.

ready to dominate :cheers:

Alright, the real update goes as follows - my groin, as is the case with the rest of me is day-to-day. And for the record, JimmiJo did the Wade interview, so I had nothing to do with their breathless moment shared.

Yes but for the record he was staring at your ass...

Sounds like the rosy offseason reports of Campbell's progress were somewhat exagerrated. The accuracy issue is the same albatross hung around his neck last year. You can have all the other tools, but if you can't deliver the ball with precision, it all amounts to nothing.

Tough break for Ecker, and for our TE situation. God forbid if Cooley goes down at some point, we are going to be threadbare at that position.

Sounds like the rosy offseason reports of Campbell's progress were somewhat exagerrated. The accuracy issue is the same albatross hung around his neck last year. You can have all the other tools, but if you can't deliver the ball with precision, it all amounts to nothing.

Tough break for Ecker, and for our TE situation. God forbid if Cooley goes down at some point, we are going to be threadbare at that position.

After two practices, you are ready to abandon Campbell?

And the reports about him haven't even been bad.

That's pathetic. :doh:

Can't speak on this morning's practice, but I was there yesterday and none of the other QB's were any more accurate than JC, and he had the most zip on the ball overall. I'm more interested in how he'll do in the preseason at game speed.

Side note- I don't think that you can hold it against him regarding the ST picks/deflection. I was thinking to myself yesterday, I sure am glad that he's on OUR team. :)

Archived