Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog, WP, Simeon Rice

Skinsinparadise

MY GOD people! Can we please stop snatching up everyones GARBAGE. YES GARBAGE. He failed a physacle for ***k sake. He's WASHED UP. If this man was worth a fart he would still be there. I mean look at brunell. We keep him around for the experience and know how if something goes wrong. (get my point?) Everyone needs to ban together on this one and scream NNNNOOOOOO! maybe someone higher up the food chain will hear it.

Please let old yellers just go ahead and DIE!

The thing here is that we don't know whether he's garbage or not. He's clearly not had a garbage but a great career. If Rice's talk is accurate (and that's if) and he will be back on form in a few weeks -- does it really sound that insane to you with our lack of pass rush last year, that he won't be an upgrade over another DE on our roster like Demetric Evans.

Is a pro bowler like Rice really garbage in comparison to Evans? Are we so stacked at that position that we don't need any help? Would Rice be getting in the way of some stud young up and comer that we just drafted that just needs playing time to show how great he is?

Yeah maybe his injury is major and he's not coming back as the same guy -- but I don't know that and I would guess you don't know it either -- to me that's the obvious wild card. But I respectfully disagree that we on this board are nuts to entertain the idea of adding one of the best pass rushers of all time to arguably the team with the worst pass rush in the league.

You know, I'm sick of JLC's "But with this organization, you never know what they'll do". It has been a while since the Skins have behaved like that.

You mean like paying a 3rd WR $35 million because he can (gasp) return punts as well?

You know, I'm sick of JLC's "But with this organization, you never know what they'll do". It has been a while since the Skins have behaved like that.

You mean like a year ago when they panicked and shipped mid rd draft picks for a RB in the final year of his contract?

MY GOD people! Can we please stop snatching up everyones GARBAGE. YES GARBAGE. He failed a physacle for ***k sake. He's WASHED UP. If this man was worth a fart he would still be there. I mean look at brunell. We keep him around for the experience and know how if something goes wrong. (get my point?) Everyone needs to ban together on this one and scream NNNNOOOOOO! maybe someone higher up the food chain will hear it.

Please let old yellers just go ahead and DIE!

Like Phillip Daneils? :D

I would say No Thanks to Rice, besides I'm looking for Carter to have a career year if his momentum from the end of last year continues!! :cheers:

Why does anyone expect anything from Carter?

He played well at the end just so he would be kept this year and took the rest of the season off because he didnt want to play.

That is his history.

If he doesnt want to play he wont.

He has huge potential but at 28 or 29 that label should not be able to be used anymore.

He is an inconsistent journeyman now.

Probably great for a backup/depth role but nothing else.

Some other questions to burst your homerist bubble.....

Does Phillip Daniels have potential or is he old and on the downside of his career?

Was Daniels great at one time but average now and great in spurts?

Is Griffin in the same situation?

If an old injured guy like Simeon Rice can still mow through Samuels then why is Samuels considered great and Rice is considered past his prime?

Maybe we need to look at our OL as the funnel that it is.

Will JC have the same problems as PR and MB?

(Too many rushed passes, sacks and interceptions(due to a lack of bumping at the line.))

Allow me to explain the last part.....If a WR bumps the DB first and gets him off his stride then he creates division...If a DB bumps the WR, he slows down the WR and can cover him better and get more INT's....The secret is in who bumps who first.

Why does anyone expect anything from Carter?

He played well at the end just so he would be kept this year and took the rest of the season off because he didnt want to play.

I expect it because he's put in the effort, he didn't take the first part of the season off, he was adjusting to a new scheme and moving back to DE from LB. At the end of the year he was playing the run as well as the rush.

Why bring in Simeon, who "might" have one more season in him, but who doesn't know the system. Also coming off an injury. :doh:

If he doesnt want to play he wont.

He has huge potential but at 28 or 29 that label should not be able to be used anymore.

He is an inconsistent journeyman now.

Probably great for a backup/depth role but nothing else.

This is your opinion, no more accurate than mine right now!!

Some other questions to burst your homerist bubble.....

Wow!! this is suppose to make what you say sound credible...RIGHT??

Does Phillip Daniels have potential or is he old and on the downside of his career?

Was Daniels great at one time but average now and great in spurts?

Is Griffin in the same situation?

This will be a telling season for both of these guys, but how would this justify bringing in Simeon

If an old injured guy like Simeon Rice can still mow through Samuels then why is Samuels considered great and Rice is considered past his prime?

He did this after the injury?? No stats from Simeon from our last game..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=Am_CwTsZl1moUZixuOPcOTEisLYF?gid=20061119027

Maybe we need to look at our OL as the funnel that it is.

Will JC have the same problems as PR and MB?

???? So we weren't like fourth or fifth best rushing team last year ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamrush&sort=ypg&pos=off&league=nfl&year=2006&season=2

(Too many rushed passes, sacks and interceptions(due to a lack of bumping at the line.))

Again ???? So we didn't allow ONLY 19 sacks and ONLY 10 Int's??

Allow me to explain the last part

NO!

agree about not for 7 mill

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, July 29th 2007, 4:00 AM

Simeon Rice could soon be with the Giants.

ALBANY - Simeon Rice always insisted he's a better player than Michael Strahan. Very soon, the Giants might find out for sure.

Rice, the 33-year-old defensive end who has had a running feud with Strahan for the last nine years, is scheduled to come in and visit the Giants tomorrow, according to two NFL sources. With the 35-year-old Strahan holding out of training camp and threatening to retire, the Giants are exploring their options and want to see if Rice is healthy enough to take Strahan's place.

Rice became available Thursday when he was cut by Tampa Bay. The Bucs said he failed a physical due to a shoulder injury that limited him to eight games last season. But Rice claimed he was waived when he refused to take a pay cut from the $7.25 million he was due this year.

The Giants likely will give him a physical tomorrow, but even if he passes it, Rice told reporters in Tampa that he needs at least three more weeks to rehabilitate his shoulder. However, if the Giants are satisfied with Rice's progress, they do plan to discuss a contract with him, according to a source.

When that will be is still something of a mystery. As of last night, Strahan and Tom Coughlin had exchanged several messages, but had yet to speak to each other. And GM Jerry Reese hadn't had any conversations with Strahan's camp since he spoke with the DE's agent, Tony Agnone, Thursday night.

Strahan, according to sources close to him, is home in California pondering his options. He has set no timetable to make his final decision.

However, the Giants' flirtation with Rice could push him over the edge. According to one source, Strahan is likely to be livid when he hears of Rice's visit. Not only has the seven-time Pro Bowler had a long-running war of words with Rice, but he also knows Rice will be expensive. And considering Strahan was rebuffed in his efforts to get a raise on his $4 million salary, he's not likely to be happy to see big money possibly going to someone else.

The fact that it's Rice will make it worse. The public sniping between the two of them dates back to 1998, when Rice was still an Arizona Cardinal. As recently as last August, Rice said, "Year in and year out, Michael Strahan is a great player. But he's still not me."

Strahan's response: "If you don't want to pay attention to what the defense is counting on you to do, if you just want to run up the field and get sacks, then you can be a Simeon Rice. You can have big numbers but you don't have the respect of defensive ends.

"He seems to be a little bit jealous of something," Strahan added. "I don't know what it is."

Perhaps it's the fact that Rice, a 6-5, 268-pounder, is second among active players with 121sacks. Strahan, of course, is first with 132-1/2, but that fact seemingly had no effect on Rice's ego. When he was cut by the Bucs, Rice said, "I'm the best that ever did it and they never gave me my props."

This actually is the second time the Giants have flirted with Rice. In 2001 they tried to lure him to become Strahan's teammate with a contract worth approximately $5 million per year. But he was looking for an annual salary closer to $7 million, so the Giants instead settled on Kenny Holmes.

That season, Rice began a string of five straight years with at least 10 sacks, totaling 67-1/2 over that span. The streak ended last year, his 11th NFL season, when he played in only eight games and registered only two sacks.

Rice also has drawn interest from the Tennessee Titans, who reportedly are trying to set up a visit as well.

Strahan and Rice hate each other. They won't be on the same team. I think the Giants just put a monkey wrench in Strahan's holdout plans, reducing his leverage in the renegotiation process. He probably would like to play elsewhere but can he get more than 4M per anywhere else? I doubt it. If the Giants sign Rice look for them to get "Arringtoned" when the injury bug bites.

Rice is damaged goods. He is 32 years old and is coming off injury problems.

The Redskins already have veterans in Griffin, Washington and Springs that are coming back from shortened 2006 campaigns.

This team needs if anything YOUNGER players or at least HEALTHY players :)

Rice is damaged goods. He is 32 years old and is coming off injury problems.

The Redskins already have veterans in Griffin, Washington and Springs that are coming back from shortened 2006 campaigns.

This team needs if anything YOUNGER players or at least HEALTHY players :)

Agree, but beggers can't be choosers, unless we have a surprise among the walk ins like Hickman, we don't have a young up and comer DE at least for the moment. If Rice is washed up though of course we should blow the idea of signing him off, as to that I would gather the Skins would know but we don't, we could just guess.

Archived