Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starbucks Increasing Burnt Coffee Prices 9 Cents In Most U.S. Stores

Vinnick

dairy products, energy and fuel.

In a statement issued after markets closed for regular trading, Starbucks said the price hike will take effect July 31, bumping the cost of most drinks by about 3 percent.

The increase will apply to coffees, lattes, frozen Frappuccinos and some tea-based drinks, including fruit and tea blends made behind the counters in all of its domestic company-operated stores, company spokesman Brandon Borrman said.

The increase will not apply to bottled drinks or food, Borrman said.

The company's last price increase -- 5 cents -- took effect Oct. 3, 2006.

The world's largest specialty coffee retailer has nearly than 6,300 company-operated stores in the United States, plus about 3,500 licensed stores. It has almost 14,000 stores worldwide.

Shares of Starbucks rose 47 cents, or 1.7 percent, to close at $28.17 Monday.

If its not some special caramel whatever drink. Their coffee isn't very good. You can get better stuff from Trader Joe's, and make it at home.

only 6,300 stores in the usa? hell, half of those are probably in northern va alone.

No ****, in Tysons I think there are at least 4 or 5 and all on the same road :doh:

Now maybe Caribou can get larger, they have very good coffee. Nothing beats Dunkin though they have the best coffee you can get :cheers:

I will say Mc D's has good coffee now as well.

No ****, in Tysons I think there are at least 4 or 5 and all on the same road :doh:

There are 2 in Old Town Alexandria a 5 minute walk apart from each other. And one is in a really cool historical building. (Which really makes me want to puke, but that's another story)

If people really can't live without their chain coffee shops, I vote for Tim Horton's. Great coffee, great doughnuts.

If people really can't live without their chain coffee shops, I vote for Tim Horton's. Great coffee, great doughnuts.

I wasn't sure if Tim Hortons existed in the US. It's the mainstay here.

As the title suggests... Starbucks coffee is dark and burnt. Tastes like crap and 4x the price a normal coffee should cost.

People that drink that crap try too hard at life to be trendy.

I'm glad I quit smoking and that I never started drinking coffee. The 2 combined amount to a 20 dollar a day addiction. If you smoke a pack a day and have two cups of starbucks/tulleys/whathaveyou a day, you are spending close to $7300 on the year, depending on how much cigs cost in your area.

I'm glad I quit smoking and that I never started drinking coffee. The 2 combined amount to a 20 dollar a day addiction. If you smoke a pack a day and have two cups of starbucks/tulleys/whathaveyou a day, you are spending close to $7300 on the year, depending on how much cigs cost in your area.

Having just completed 2 years of private school.... in a class of 31 people with 29 women :) I can say one of my biggest pet peeves was a group of people that wouldn't come into class without a Tim Hortons coffee in their hand. Without fail. Then they coordinated and took turns bringing in trays of coffee for each other.

Then, the addiction turned to "coffee runs" in the day during breaks between classes..... or multiple phone calls to place coffee orders or modifications.

I enjoy coffee every now and then.... but to get to the point where you require it to function or to wear coffee as an accessory or wrap up your identity in a drink.... is just frigging too stupid beyond words.

But karma's a *****.... since a person with a history of drinking hot beverages is significantly at risk to develop esophageal cancer.

Yeah, I learned that in school :)

Given the choice, I still prefer Caribou.

Left to my own devices, though, home is a much better alternative.

What's sad is that there's a Starbucks across the street from the Cathedral in Seville. Went into that one to get out of the rain!

I almost never drink coffee at home.

I only buy their Fraps, because their coffee sucks, and that is for a special occasion, Sheetz frozen drinks are the way to go :)

As a poster mentioned earlier, I too dislike how people "need" coffee to function, it is rediculous.

Archived