Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Iron Men?

LoyalSkinsFan

Well I joined up one month after you did and have a similar post count. I don't know about you, but I check this site ATLEAST once a day, and probably more like 3. I usually read posts, and unless I feel I have a completely new look on a topic, I would rather just keep my mouth shut. There's nothing wrong with that type of membership. Believe me, the mods would rather have millions of members like you and me than have dozens of people like __________. (Insert annoying member here.)

I was the first woman on this board. We were a small family then.....less than 1000 members.

So I guess Iron MEN is not a true statement.

;););)

Post count does NOT = Intelligence or football knowledge.

This is definitely a different place now.

I used to post like mad, but for the past year or so I've been lurking quite a bit more. I've been around for almost 6 years now, so I guess they build up in that amount of time. And I've definitely built up my fair amount of posts in the tailgate, before posts stopped counting over there.

I remember some of our Ironmen who were Ironmen on other boards BX (Before xtremeskins) though those boards really did suck.

Ah, the TSN boards, those were the days of internet futility.

My post count was very high a long time ago, especially during pre-extremeskins. Though back then I was messaging among 20 or so Skins fans. Today among the thousands of Skins fans whenever I usually have an opinion, especially on the Skins, there are already 3 threads and a dozen posts stating my exact opinion. I suppose I could pile on and agree if I thought post count was that important.

Just come here on Game Day. Some people type in every single play. I tried to follow the posts one game and comment on most plays and it made the game not as enjoyable. Im glad I have my season tickets and can avoid the temptation of that. I do love posting the week before talking trash about the other team. Im still far from most people and have my fair share of NOT quality posts, but what it all boils down to is that I love talking with other Skins fans and I love the Skins so I just keep coming back for more. The post count will take care of itself.

Well I joined up one month after you did and have a similar post count. I don't know about you, but I check this site ATLEAST once a day, and probably more like 3. I usually read posts, and unless I feel I have a completely new look on a topic, I would rather just keep my mouth shut. There's nothing wrong with that type of membership. Believe me, the mods would rather have millions of members like you and me than have dozens of people like __________. (Insert annoying member here.)

Yup..that makes sense. I read a whole lot more than I post....trying to think before I speak.....so to speak. I just wish more would follow that advice. It's just that I look up and see some of the post counts and can't figure out how they do it...there's only twenty four hours in a day, for godssake.

I was the first woman on this board. We were a small family then.....less than 1000 members.

So I guess Iron MEN is not a true statement.

;););)

You know, I kept thinking about amending that omission as I wrote the original thread...but then, just figured I'd let it fly as is. I did consider your presence in particular, Blondie....you've certainly earned that.

Can't overlook Redskin fans of ANY gender.

HTTR

The funny thing is, quality > quantity. Post count doesn't equal respect or intelligence. You can respect someone for the things the say, or the way they something, but to look at someone like jbooma & his 29,000+ post count & say, 'Damn, this guy has a ton of posts. I bet he sure knows what he's talking about.' would be dumb. :)

ZING! :laugh:

Mine is boredom at work. Most of the time I have from 2 to 5 to do pretty much what I want. I figure I lost about 500 posts from the tailgate. The first year I lurked, then busted loose. I rarely come in on weekends and sometimes during the evenings. I never come in while the game is on. I've discovered the ATN a little more lately as the same "portis vs betts" and "let's nickname our secondary" threads get old.

Well, this website is addictive. I come here first for Redskins news. Then I started coming here first for all football news. Then I realized that I can get all kinds of news and information here. On ES, I've gotten game tickets, a jersey, free legal advice, how to grill a perfect cheeseburger, DIY advice, and custom sig's. I found out about team sendoff's, and even got to meet Gibbs the dog- and Joe Gibbs too. It was on here that I first found out about Vick's indictment, Chris Benoit's death, Lavar's motorcycle accident, and other news items. If it happens, you can bet there's a thread on ES about it. Post count doesnt matter to me, but the #'s go up during the season every week when Blondie starts a thread trying to get to a certain # of posts to support the burgundy & gold. What I find most enjoyable is the intelligent (and sometimes not so much) banter about just about anything. Post count doesn't have a direct correlation with good convo, in my experience.

after this and your sig, its official, I love you

Ah, the TSN boards, those were the days of internet futility...Today among the thousands of Skins fans whenever I usually have an opinion, especially on the Skins, there are already 3 threads and a dozen posts stating my exact opinion. I suppose I could pile on and agree if I thought post count was that important.

yep. Just like this thread, everything I would have added has already been said. Why post if I don't have anything new to add?

Kinda what everyone else has said, the only thing to add from me would be this. I think for me when I first came to the site, I was in a "post like mad" mentality. I've tried to put more thought into things, but at the same time there are times when a short answer is all that you need. I dont see a reason that every single response has to be written by a Nobel prize winner.

The more you are around the site and you understand where everyone is coming from the more you understand their personalities, the more you find your nitch and you realize the post count means nothing. I've said before just eliminate the post counts because they really dont matter. A guy the other night with his first post had a great new thread, another guy with over 8,000 had a horrible one. Its nothing more than a number.:2cents: :logo:

Sloppy, I agree, but I check 7-8 times a day (at work) :-). I kept mouth shut too, I do the voting and such , but just not that in depth to make a logical "arguement" against someone i disagree with. And I don't make posts that say "good one" except for some Torre posts with the films :-).

I think the main post problem is people trying to get those Avatars that come with the 100 posts, 1000 posts etc, a lot of them just post to get the "covated" (sp?) next higher Avatar. Not trying for that, my 200th post may come in mid season.. of next year!! :-) But I do love reading the posts.

Maybe the Mods could free up the Avatar selection and give us "low" posters more to chose from and then a lot of the the useless posts would decrease if we had more Avatars to chose from than the one's you "earn" by the number of posts you make???

Archived