Don’t be too quick to judge

By Deion Sanders

Originally published on July 22, 2007

DELIVERING YOUR WORLD

• Subscribe to The News-Press

• Place a classified ad

• Printer friendly version

• Email this article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would’ve never thought Mike Vick, one of the NFL’s most exciting players — the man who makes the network execs smile every time he plays — would ever be indicted for crimes against man’s best friend.

The potential impact could be devastating.

He could lose millions worth of endorsements. Nike has already suspended the release of his new shoe. He could lose millions he was supposed to get from the Atlanta Falcons, if the club decides to cut him. That’s unlikely, but it could happen if he’s convicted or makes a plea arrangement.

Or his reputation might wind up so stained that he’s never forgiven in the court of public opinion. That would be too bad for the 27-year-old superstar.

This is all the result of perspective.

What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. Hold on, don’t start shaking your head just yet. Listen to me.

Some people kiss their dogs on the mouth. Some people let their dogs eat from their plate. Some people dress their dogs in suits more expensive than mine, if you can believe that.

And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way.

You can still choose to condemn him, but I’m trying to take you inside his mind so you can understand where he might be coming from.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/COLUMNISTS41/70722009/1117/COLUMNISTS41

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Go to URL for full article. But really IMO, Deion went where Clinton Portis should not have, trying to explain that dog fighting is okay or seemingly in some circles and even makes mention that he knows some other players that are in envoled in this activity.

Deion writes a local column in his hometown newspaper, The NEWSPRESS from Fort Myers, Fl. I think he should have steered clear in this matter, as the emotions are running high right now.

Quote from article....

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.

He may have loved the dogs that were biggest and baddest, but he also wet dogs down and electrocuted them, drowned them, and slammed them down repeatedly until they died.

How is anybody out there dumb enough to actually try to make excuses for Vick at this point?

Deion, shut your effing pie hole, you douchebag. Go play on the freeway you waste of space.

Man everytime I hear about him electrocuting them and killing them on his own, I get this disturbed feeling in my stomach.

Such a sad story! I mean you must not have a consicous at all to do such a thing.

Don’t be too quick to judge

By Deion Sanders

Originally published on July 22, 2007

"And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way."

OK then, let's think up fun and creative ways to torture and execute the dogs that aren't the biggest and baddest. FU Deion.

Man everytime I hear about him electrocuting them and killing them on his own, I get this disturbed feeling in my stomach.

Such a sad story! I mean you must not have a consicous at all to do such a thing.

It's not like you just happen to have something to electricute something lying around. At some point you have to get ready to do that. Hey, I have an idea, lets electricute some dogs, i'll get it set up. Thats just sick. Did they get bored of the usual way to kill them?

He may have loved the dogs that were biggest and baddest, but he also wet dogs down and electrocuted them, drowned them, and slammed them down repeatedly until they died.

How is anybody out there dumb enough to actually try to make excuses for Vick at this point?

Deion, shut your effing pie hole, you douchebag. Go play on the freeway you waste of space.

:applause: im with you....**** vick, what a thug.

WTF was that article??? Deion is clearly coked out with the way he rambles and loses focus.

I am certain that North Fort Myers high School's principal is ashamed to have his HS associated with the 6th grade level writing Deion used there.

Oh by the way I got a car alarm. It automatically calls the cops if my car be broken into.

Why does he put this focus on the "ringleader." When clearly the financier is the one empowering everyone elese to partake in the slaughter. Deion doesn't seem to realize that many people have been implicated in this and Vick is one of them.

I got a new dog. His name be fluffy.

Going out and saying "why are they going after Vick when someone shot the Denver CB (has anybody stopped by Selbastion Telfair's house for questioning?) or Antoine Walker got robbed?" is retarded. To begin with each crime occurred in different states, and second you pursue all crimes and all criminals to the best extent possible.

I got a new facebook profile.

Deion is a retard.

If you read the article for exactly what it is and be mature and quit knocking it because he was a "cowboy" then you will see hes trying to take you inside the mind of Vick.

+++++++++++++++++++

How in the world can he justify even knowing other guys who have a passion for and watch/follow/enjoy dogfighting? Cowboy or Redskin this is just not acceptable. The Losing Fighting Dogs can't tap out, too bad for them huh?

Maybe when an NFL Player breaks his leg we ought to shot 'em like a horse who is no longer able to race. I know the argument, it is an animal, well what makes us any better if we act like ones ourselves. Compassion, more than a concept.

Quote from article....

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.

I am certain that North Fort Myers high School's principal is ashamed to have his HS associated with the 6th grade level writing Deion used there.

I will be glad to share any other info that appears in the paper regarding this column. I also felt the same way when reading this column, lack of focus, lack of editing and lack of neccessity overall. He has just stirred up the hornets nest here locally as well. Funny thing is, he does not live here locally any more, supposedly he lives in Dallas now full time. I bet his momma will not be out in public here for awhile.

If you read the article for exactly what it is and be mature and quit knocking it because he was a "cowboy" then you will see hes trying to take you inside the mind of Vick.

Go back and reread it. He is completely minimizing the allegations. And he is almost condoning it with his comments about Vick having a passion for it like we should admire his passion. Jeffrey Dahmer had a passion too. Pedophiles have a passion. Just because you are passionate about something doesn't make it okay. He keeps asking if they are using Vick to get to the ring leader as if the allegations against Vick are minor and/or trivial.

Sanders is a massive tool. An operation the size of the one being run on Vick's property does NOT speak of a love for the animals. He's the Vince McMahon of pit bulls. Sad.

Apparently Deion will open his stooge mouth and spout off about anything.

Go back and reread it. He is completely minimizing the allegations. And he is almost condoning it with his comments about Vick having a passion for it like we should admire his passion. Jeffrey Dahmer had a passion too. Pedophiles have a passion. Just because you are passionate about something doesn't make it okay. He keeps asking if they are using Vick to get to the ring leader as if the allegations against Vick are minor and/or trivial.

:applause:

And unlike Portis, Deion made his comments after the sick details of the allegations against Vick were made public. But I can't really defend what Portis said either. Now Emmit chimes in too. What morons.

The only thing I can gather from this situation is that we’re using Vick....But is he the ringleader? I just can’t see it.

When did Deion investigate this case? Did the Feds let him look over all the evidence?Maybe they can use his help on the Williams shooting.

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion.

So he has a passion for it,but would never be the ringleader of these events?

The reason this is turning into a three-ring circus is that baseball is boring, basketball is months away..

No,the reason this is a big deal is,Vick one of the most popular players in sports,could go to prison.Its doesn't matter what time of the year it is.

Didn't Deion leave football a few times,to play boring baseball?

Archived