Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you fear most about 07 season?

BMahoney

I fear that the 12th man will bail at the first sign of adversity, which is more likely to occur during the early part of the season, or worse, the fans foaming at the mouth after a great start to become completely unglued at a midseason hickup. It is likely that we will struggle at some point and there will be posters on here and fans in general jumping off bridges or pounding nails into their heads. But fret not, Gibbs will have this thing humming come December, and the early season high riding Cowboys again have the wheels fall off just in time.

5-11 again and Gibbs either quitting or being fired

To me, Gibbs will always be the greatest, but my fear is that his legacy will be tarnished if the team does not perform.

When he came back it was an answer to my prayers.

I cannot stand that Bill Parcels with his 2 lousy Superbowls gets more respect from the media than Joe. I also hate that the Cowboys have more rings than us.

We need more Superbowls and so does Gibbs. I want to have the most Superbowls and have the Lombardi trophy renamed for Joe Gibbs.

My fear is this will not happen. (There, I said it)

:(

1. That Campbell can't raise his game to the NFL level (Actually, this is my main fear, but lots of Kool-Aid takes care of that!)

2. That Wade Philips turns out to the be coach the boyz actually need.

3. That none of our youthful D-line personnel pan out, and we don't find a way to improve our D-line with waiver-wire folks, free agents or trades

4. That our experiment at LG goes very wrong

5. That we get fleeced in upcoming trades (e.g., with Chicago for Briggs, etc.) during the pre-season because we're trying to improve our team.

6. That we get to the Superbowl and wind up losing to the Ravens.

I guess it would be if they were totally wrong about the DL being NOT the problem. They already had a record breaking bad year last year.

It's not like they weren't wrong about AA and a lot of other things last year. So this isn't an unreasonable fear. It's actually more likely than them suddenly being like 2004 again.

At this point in the season, I don't have any fears. JC has been working hard at Redskins Park in the offseason. The defense will be better with Fletcher calling the signals under Williams.

Right now, I just have hope.

Maybe after thinking about it, that is my one fear, that I have hope.

another sub .500 season

Todd Wade not getting it done with Dockery gone.

The D line being a sieve

Injuries to Campbell(or Campbell being a bust), Portis or Moss in that order

Taylor and Landry being no better than Taylor and Archuletta, I seriously doubt it though.

Being swept by Dallas, I can't take that.

Despite these thoughts that creep in, I think this season is very promising, the players and coaches have put in great off season work, some nice pieces were brought in, Hail Skins!

Archived