Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frameshop: A Picture of the GOP on Civil Rights

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, so would you be comfortable with these candidates getting up in front of the NAACP and telling them the truth... which is that they are just as bad as the Klan and the Aryans, and that until they stop allowing their members to be victims and not take responsibility for themselves that they're never going to achieve anything close to equality, no matter what the government does?

So far as I'm concerned, any of these guys who did speak to the NAACP and didn't give an address pretty close to that would be a sell-out in my mind. To stand up in front of people who disagree with you and tell them what they want to hear instead of the reality of the situation and/or what you really believe is considerably worse than just not addressing them to begin with.

First of all, if you think the NAACP has anything in common with the Klan, you are a bigger idiot than I thought. At that point, you basically lose all credibility.

Secondly, when did compromise become a bad thing in American government? You do realize that the Constitution itself is simply a massive compromise, correct?

We've discussed this concept before, Asbury. I don't see the point in wasting time trying to change the mind of people who disagree with me. I never have. I may put the truth (at least as I see it) out there for them, but if they disagree I'm not going to waste time trying to change their minds.

Which is why the only way you'll ever lead people is by brute force of strength, which normally ends up very badly for the dictator when his people finally rise up and revolt against him.

The NAACP has been no more interested in Racial Equality in my limited experiences with them than the white supremacy groups I've heard about, so I wouldn't be talking to the either if I was a Presidential candidate. The NAACP is much less blunt about their prejudice, but they're just as disinterested in true equality as the KKK or Aryan Nation so far as I'm concerned.

Whatever dude this is just crazy talk and in no way reflects reality, what's more is it still doesn't explain why those candidates who are avoiding the "black KKK" as you think of them still won't go before the Urban League.

First of all' date=' if you think the NAACP has anything in common with the Klan, you are a bigger idiot than I thought. At that point, you basically lose all credibility.[/quote']

Both groups see their race as a reason that they should be getting special treatment from both the government and society. The Klan believes that being Caucasian makes them the "chosen" race. The NAACP believes that being black gives them the right to demand the government improve their lives rather than doing it themselves.

Secondly' date=' when did compromise become a bad thing in American government?[/quote']

Compromise has ALWAYS been a bad thing so far as I'm concerned.

Which is why the only way you'll ever lead people is by brute force of strength, which normally ends up very badly for the dictator when his people finally rise up and revolt against him.

I really have no interest in leading people, Asbury. I'd make Vlad Tepes look like Elmo.

Whatever dude this is just crazy talk and in no way reflects reality, what's more is it still doesn't explain why those candidates who are avoiding the "black KKK" as you think of them still won't go before the Urban League.

For the exact same reason that they wont go talk to the NAACP.... they're not going to get any votes there. Pure and simple.

And that is why you are going to die alone' date=' unloved, and unremembered.[/quote']

Which is fine with me. I realized a long time ago that I would go through life alone and unloved. We've discussed that any number of times in the past.

As for being unremembered... in a society that grants fame for all the WRONG reasons, I don't see that as a terrible thing either.

I think the bigger issue here is that the GOP is in the middle of a demographic death spiral and doesn't even seem to realize it.

They seem to have simply given up on the idea of ever drawing any black voters. They are already far behind with Hispanics are doing a pretty good job of demonstrating why no Hispanic should ever consider voting for them. And they have made no inroads with women voters over the last several election cycles.

Essentially, the Party seems bound and determined to become the Party of the Deep South and nowhere else. It's reasonably fascinating to watch.

You and I weren't watching the same debate then, because what I saw was Brit Hume pandering to the candidates and spinning out Tom Clancy-esque theoretical questions that allowed the candidates to engage in a "who can act tougher" contest. The whole thing was a joke, put on by a joke of a "news" agency. Therefore, the NAACP "ambush" is indeed comparable to the potential Faux Snooze "ambush" of the Dems.

That's wasn't just my opinion of the debate, but the general concensus of reviews I read afterwards. The MSNBC debate was full of too much Chris Matthews screaming at specific candidates demanding this or that. The format was clunky too and allowed for too many canned responses. My impression of the FOX debate was it denied canned responses with VERY specific questions. The format was very fluid and it stayed on topic as it moved from candidate to candidate. It really demonstrated differences between the candidates fairly impressively, something I couldn't say about MSNBC or CNN.

And of course I'm supposed to believe that reality is in opposition to these studies based on the fact that you say so. Come on.

Yes. Believe reality. Not some bull****, dated "study" whose results are slanted to support an agenda.

Welcome to the real world.

I think the bigger issue here is that the GOP is in the middle of a demographic death spiral and doesn't even seem to realize it....

....Essentially' date=' the Party seems bound and determined to become the Party of the Deep South and nowhere else. It's reasonably fascinating to watch.[/quote']

So what would you prefer, Lkb? Would you have the Republican Party give up everything it claims to believe in, to try and attract voters who have historically had almost nothing interest in them and who have almost no common philisophical ground with them? Because I can tell you with 100% certainty that the minority communities here in the US are not going to give up their Liberal biases and become Conservatives regardless of what the Republican Party does or says.

Thank you for the concession.

Of course there is discrimination in the workplace, as it generally mirrors society. But not at the laughable across the board 25% wage disparity that has been defended here, by a troubling too many. Not even close. Not in todays society.

It's disturbing that some here, all seemingly fairly intelligent, will believe, parrot and defend any bull**** propaganda, no matter how ridiculous it is. Without concern for the facts. You've personally demonstrated that yourself. Congratulations.

And it is distrubing that you seem unwilling to consider, suggest, or debate a solution to a crime that you admit is happening on a regular basis.

You have yet to show me that these studies do not reflect reality. Remember the onus is on you to disprove.

You're pretty thick.

Again, the study claims that blacks make 75% of thier white counterparts across the board. Yet it, and you, cannot provide one current actual example, in the same, exact job.

There is no onus on me to disprove your ridiculous propaganda. I already have.

You should be celebrating the obvious reality that you cannot find one recent example of wage disparity. Not clinging to some dated talking points.

It means progress is being made.

With that being said, if you or anyone can demonstrate that anyone in this country is making a full 25% less than their counterpart, doing the exact same job, solely due to race....

I commit to you that I will join you and your Birkenstock wearing brethren, with interlocked arms, and march on whatever company is actually getting away with this in todays society. We'll invite Rev. Jesse, Rev. Al and Hillary and make it a party.

Let me know.

You're pretty thick.

Again, the study claims that blacks make 75% of thier white counterparts across the board. Yet it, and you, cannot provide one current actual example, in the same, exact job.

There is no onus on me to disprove your ridiculous propaganda. I already have.

You should be celebrating the obvious reality that you cannot find one recent example of wage disparity. Not clinging to some dated talking points.

It means progress is being made.

With that being said, if you or anyone can demonstrate that anyone in this country is making a full 25% less than their counterpart, doing the exact same job, solely due to race....

I commit to you that I will join you and your Birkenstock wearing brethren, with interlocked arms, and march on whatever company is actually getting away with this in todays society. We'll invite Rev. Jesse, Rev. Al and Hillary and make it a party.

Let me know.

Blah, blah, blah, "believe me because I say so" blah blah blah.

And it is distrubing that you seem unwilling to consider, suggest, or debate a solution to a crime that you admit is happening on a regular basis.

Back for more?

What the **** are you talking about? I've consistently asked for just one example to support your ridiculous propaganda.

I'm open and willing to consider, suggest and debate anything, as long as you can show me an actual real life example. Otherwise, have a nice cup....

I know facts, history, and reality aren't strong suits for the liberals.

But do you know who THIS person is? And what political party he was in?

You're seriously comparing the political parties of the 1880's to the ones that we have today? Heck you can't even compare the Reps and Dems from 50 years ago much less over a hundred and twenty years ago.

Archived