Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowher to NY?

Passizle

Did anyone catch the interview with Jerome Bettis on NFL network lastnight? It was very interesting when he was asked where he thought Cowher would go next year.

Bettis stated that he and Cowher have been talking alot and it appears to Bettis that Cowher wants to coach the Giants and they Giants would probably be interested.

He said it was his kind of football team and they reminded him of the talent he had in Pittsburg.

I wish I could post a link, but I have not been able to find anything on the net.

I think its a tough call. One side of me believes it would be a good fit. Heres my only thing if the G men don't do well this season then not only is Coughlin out the door, but Eli could be also. Would Cowher really want to walk into a situation like that espically with the New York Media? So in my opinion i just dont see that situation happening because he possibly be walking into a nightmare if Eli dosent perform well this year. I still think he will Coach the browns next year he knows the division well obviously and its not far from home. Problem is will Cleavland be willing to pay 8 mill per?

Cowher is going to be linked to 10 jobs before this season is over. Carolina' date=' Tampa Bay, New York, Washington, and Cleveland all make some sense to me. Whoever does hire him is going to have to back up a Brinks Truck to his house though.[/quote']

Ha, Does the Dan own that Brinks Truck??? Id like to see Gibbs extend his contract for another 3 years. One can wish i guess. I like Williams coaching the D although the stories from last year were a little disturbing, but i wouldnt like him as the head coach.

I think its a tough call. One side of me believes it would be a good fit. Heres my only thing if the G men don't do well this season then not only is Coughlin out the door, but Eli could be also. Would Cowher really want to walk into a situation like that espically with the New York Media? So in my opinion i just dont see that situation happening because he possibly be walking into a nightmare if Eli dosent perform well this year. I still think he will Coach the browns next year he knows the division well obviously and its not far from home. Problem is will Cleavland be willing to pay 8 mill per?

Rebuild that offensive line and draft a stud RB and Eli wouldn't have as much on his shoulders.

I could see him with the Giants, but could also see him in in Carolina. - The Browns, I don't know. He doesn't seem like the type of guy that would want to play his old team twice a year.

When Coach Gibbs finally calls it quits, Dan Snyder will be one the phone to the pilot of Redskin One. He'll tell him to fire up the engines because they will be going after Cowher. Money, I'm sure, won't be an issue. It never is....... ;)

Guest RideorDieChic

hmmm, is not going to work if he goes to the Giants....Cower will get fet up with the whole mess. His first move would probably be to get rid of Manning, and well, Giants fans are not ready for that, they are still in denial about little Manning's true potentials...

I seriously doubt Cowher will coach at Carolina, regardless of living 2 hours from there in Raleigh, NC. Everyone assumed he would replace Chuck as head coach of NC State and that never happened.

I don't think anyone assumed that. That move made no sense in any way shape or form.

He is going to make 20 percent of what he could make in the NFL AND do something he has never done AND do it at a school without muching of a winning tradition. Why?

The Giants do have the kind of ownership that Cowher is accustomed to. And I dont mean the Snyder variety. I personally hope that the Skins let The Chin move elsewhere and go with a homegrown combo of Russ Grimm and a new GM, like Bobby DePaul from the Bears.
Russ Grimm, with Bobby DePaul as GM, and Al Saunders as offensive coordinator? Yes, please, that'd be sick.

Russ Grimm, with Bobby DePaul as GM, and Al Saunders as offensive coordinator? Yes, please, that'd be sick.

No one in football wants Russ Grimm as head coach. Why should we?

Here is my concern about Russ Grimm.

1. The Steelers know what they are doing when it comes to hiring head coaches. They know him extremely well and did not want him.

2. The only job he could find after the Steelers was doing the same exact job he has done for the last decade in Arizona with his former OC.

3. If you coach for Cowher and show any aptitude, you get a head coaching job somewhere: Capers, Gailey, Haslett, Mularkey, Whisenhunt, LeBeau, Lewis. Why was Grimm stuck in Pittsburgh all those years?

4. Grimm is 48. That is awfully old in the modern NFL to still not have a first HC job. He's in the same age group as Gregg Willaims, Marvin Lewis. He's five years older than Jon Gruden for goodness' sake.

5. He's never been a coordinator. It shouldn't be a pre-requisite, but it would be nice if he had done a game plan at some point in his career.

Archived