Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marshall or Mcintosh

mrredskinDgreen

I wanted to get everyone's opinion/inside info on the starting weak-side linebacker spot. We have heard all offseason that Rocky has improved and should take the starting spot. I happen to really like Lemar Marshall as a weak side linebacker. I'm not trying to knock Mcintosh at all, I just like Marshall's ability at weak-side and we know what he can do.

15 DAYS UNTIL TRAINING CAMP............:cheers:

i'm actually pretty sad to see lamar situation unfold.

He was a solid player and a loyal one.

He emerged as a stud backup from arringtons injury and became almost pro-bowl caliber the following season.

Unfourtunetly last year he didn't do too hot. I'm not sure if our running defense was simply b/c of him but i love his coverage skills... i love how he attacks the running gaps and he does everything the team asks of him.

He's aging.. sure but tto see him not in a starting role sucks.

Let's give McIntosh a chance. He is supposed to be a really great player and also what is the point of getting these young players if you are not going to give them a chance. Let's start developing our probowl players now and instead of AFTER we win the Superbowl.

I think Rocky has the raw talent to be great. He has great speed for a LB, and coming from the U you know he has some skill.

If Rocky gets some blitzing oppurtunities, with his speed, we may be seeing some January 1st, 2006 at Lincoln Financial Field all over again :]

I'm all for the competition so let the best man win. We certainly will have depth. We can definitely beef up goal line with lamar playing over a tight end or something...

I'm with you. Let them fight it out. Neither sould be just handed the job. Who ever performs the best should start. I'm personally hoping Montgomery beats out Griffin for the starting job at some point. Griffin is solid DT so having some young guy work his but off and take the job from him can only mean good things.

I like Lemar too and at the very least he provides quality back-up. He's one of the best LB's we have in terms of coverage. I believe he was playing with an injured shoulder last season also.

Having said that - it's Rocky's time to shine as starting WLB IMO...

After hearing GW speak about how far Rocky has progressed, I can only imagine that he's got every oppurtunity to take that starting spot. I can't agree with anyone saying start him because he was a high pick, any playing time that he gets will have to be earned just like everyone else.

The fact that we seem to have good competition for starting spots at DT, LB, CB, and Safety is exciting knowing that depth is so valuable for GWs D and will help tremendously if we have any injuries like last year.

Why is everyone acting like they know how Rocky will play? We have never seen him play in any important games, any compliments that people give Rocky are based on wishful thinking on what he might be able to do.

let them prove it in preseason. i think we have the best linebacker situation now. to have a marshall as a backup at all inebacker positions with starter experience is quite unusual. i think rocky will win the job, but, i believe lamar will get a lot of playing time.

Im still of the opinion that until Rocky beats him out, Marshall is the starter.

I would not be surprised at all to see Marshall starting in week 1. Marshall made his name starting at WLB, and with his ability to play all the positions, I think no matter which way we go, were in good shape.

Im still of the opinion that until Rocky beats him out, Marshall is the starter.

Marshal will start being he's back at his old position.

What are these comments based on? From every report I've read, McIntosh has been playing with the first unit this whole offseason.

Marshall is solid. But McIntosh has the big play ability that Marshall lacks. At this point, I think McIntosh would have to totally bomb in the preseason to not start.

But Marshall is a valuable player to have on board. He's very good in nickle coverage, and he's versatile enough to back up every position.

Again, based on all the reports, I don't know why this is even a topic.

Archived