Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Red Hot Chili Peppers.... Biggest band in the world?

philal0102

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In your guys' opinion, do you think that as of right now they're the biggest band in the world?

I was just listening to Californication and looking at all of the hits that they had off of that... You've got "All Around the World", "Scar Tissue", "Otherside", "Californication", "Road Trippin'".

Then you've got Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic. Now that is a masterpiece... aboslutely amazing. You've got "Power of Equality", "Suck My Kiss", "Give it Away", and "Under the Bridge".

The album By the Way was awesome too... "By The Way", "The Zephyr Song" and one of my all-time favorites... "Can't Stop"

Stadium Arcadium was alright... I liked the other albums more... just seemed like there were more feelings in them.

I'm not too fond of One Hot Minute... but a good album none the less.

So for that past decade and a half, the Chili Peppers have been consistent and have written great music... So do you guys think that they could possible be the biggest band in the world right now?

And if you don't think so... Then in your opinion.. who is?

I am going to throw a "yes" out there. Solely for the fact that whenever I am playing RHCP at work, no matter who it is of what background, clients and fellow employees alike will sing along.

Everyone knows the music. Everyone knows the words. And for the most part everyone like it.

They have built an impressive resume and I think they would be on the short lists for biggest band in the world.

I really dig their first two disks but now I cringe when I hear alot of their newer stuff, not so much for the music but Keidis' vocals. That high pitched falsetto thing he tries to pull of is just awful.

I said no just because I think you could throw 311 in there and they have just as many hits plus I think their quality is still good. I do feel they are very underated though. RHCP is a great band but after CalifornicationI didn't like much of their new stuff, some singles here and there. But I think BSSM is the ****! I especially like "SirPsychoSexy" off of BSSM.

I don't lke U2 but they are prolly the biggest at the moment. And for the guy who said 311, come on! They aren't even on teh same level, popularity-wise, as RHCP. You even said they are underrated which basically means not enough people realize that they are good and therefore they can't be as popular as you say they are.

I don't lke U2 but they are prolly the biggest at the moment. And for the guy who said 311, come on! They aren't even on teh same level, popularity-wise, as RHCP. You even said they are underrated which basically means not enough people realize that they are good and therefore they can't be as popular as you say they are.

First off 311 is a hell of a band. I'm not saying they are bigger. Just because 311 doesn't get play on MTV like the RHCP's, does not mean they are not on the same level. And I will also say that U2 probably is politically and musically the biggest band in the world.

Thed biggest bands in the world:

1. Stones ( sold out a stadium in Montana of all places)

2. U2

3. R.E.M

4. Bon Jovi

5. Metalica

6. RHCP

Somehow, and I don't really know the numbers, I'm just going off gut feeling here, I feel like RHCP and Metallica are bigger bands than R.E.M. at this point. Just how it seems to me though.

I can't take Anthony Keidis' voice. It makes me want to spit at him. I think the rest of the band is great, and I'd like them a hell of a lot more if he would fall off of a cliff or something.

~Bang

Top money makers in 2006 (rock bands only)

1. Stones

2. Bon Jovi

3. Nickleback

4. Dave Matthews Band

Overall money makers in 2005:

U2, $154.2 million

The Rolling Stones, $92.5 million

Eagles, $63.2 million

Paul McCartney, $56 million

Elton John, $48.9 million

Neil Diamond, $44.7 million

Jimmy Buffett, $44 million

Rod Stewart, $40.3 million

Dave Matthews Band, $39.6 million

Celine Dion, $38.5 million

Kenny Chesney, $31.5 million

Green Day, $31 million

Coldplay, $30.1 million

Destiny's Child, $24.8 million

Diddy, $24.3 million

Gwen Stefani, $23.9 million

Toby Keith, $22.2 million

Motley Crue, $22 million

50 Cent, $19.7 million

Bruce Springsteen, $19.6 million

Eminem, $17.8 million

Jay-Z, $17.5 million

Barry Manilow, $17.2 million

Hilary Duff, $17.1 million

Kanye West, $16.9 million

Dr. Dre, $16.9 million

Rascal Flatts, $16.3 million

Aerosmith, $16.3 million

Bon Jovi, $15.8 million

Tom Petty, $14.9 million

My list?

1. Stones

2. U2

3. Green Day

4. Bon Jovi

5. Red Hot Chilli Peppers

6. Metallica

My list?

1. Stones

2. U2

3. Green Day

4. Bon Jovi

5. Red Hot Chilli Peppers

6. Metallica

I forgot about Greenday and would put them above Chilli Peppers as well. The other day I was listening to my Ipod and just Greenday songs and forgot just how good they were.

The biggest band in the world is U2, I don't even know if there's a close second.

Having said that, RHCP is a hell of a band. John Fruscitane (sic) is the unsung hero of that band and is an amazing guitarist.

REM is a shell of their former selves. It's unfortunate they haven't been able to keep it going.

311???? I'm not even going to dignify a response to that one.

The Chili Peppers aren't even as big as the Beatles and they haven't released an album in nearly 35 years.

edit:

I still can't get enough of BSSM... Sir Psycho Sexy that is me... their best song ever... love the jam at the end. it could go on forever and i'd never tire of it.

The Chili Peppers aren't even as big as the Beatles and they haven't released an album in nearly 35 years.

edit:

I still can't get enough of BSSM... Sir Psycho Sexy that is me... their best song ever... love the jam at the end. it could go on forever and i'd never tire of it.

Off topic here but if anyone likes the Beatles if you go to Vegas you have to see the circus de soleil show "Love" one of the best shows I have seen.

Top money makers in 2006 (rock bands only)

1. Stones

2. Bon Jovi

3. Nickleback

4. Dave Matthews Band

Wow. NICKLEBACK?!?!? They are the worst band in the history of bands. Terrible, but thats not what this thread is about.

As much as I really like RHCP, i think the title of biggest band in the world will always go to the Stones, followed by U2.

I do want to add that the Police Tour is selling tickets like crazy, and they are not cheap. :2cents:

The chili peppers have been consistent ever since John Frusciante came back and quit the drugs. He's the main reason we're talking about them being even in the top 10. But i would have them behind u2, stones, and the police. And out of those three i only really like the police. But i dont think REM, 311, or Green Day can touch em.

Archived