Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Job!

redskins4life234

what, did people leave around some "reading material"?

Actually it was more money, fishing poles, boom boxes, tools, really just all kinds of misc. crap. Sometimes I'd get close to as much change as I made that day after taxes.

Paper boy.... Also my first real job (see hourly wage) was at a country club. I would clean the clubs after people played rounds of golf... Also I helped set up tournaments and took people's golf bags from their car to their designated golf carts... Pretty sweet deal...

First job I ever got 40 hours at was Taco Bell/Bojangles in a truck stop near my house. Pay was decent, the job absoultely sucked...

Cashier at a drug store. Since then ive moved on to better things, such as a grocery store clerk, electronics salesman(current), and come next year an intern for an engineering company. Sadly of my 3 jobs so far the money has been best at the grocery store ($10 and hour, but the bad side was we were always busy). Where as now im making $8 and hour plus commission and do jack **** at work. I feel like selling a camera I will, if not ill go to the stock room.

Worked at a lowes movie theatre when i was 16. Did it all there - sold tix, usher, concession and moved onto projection before I quit. We used to re-sell large popcorns after washing them out. Same thing with large cokes. Everything was on inventory so if you sold it twice, they only counted it once. Good times!

You are my hero

thanks it was a thankless job. :laugh:

Very Nice... Guess because of the job, you are now scared of little kids?

Surprisingly, I didn't fall into that trap. Most people end up hating kids afterwards. I found there were two types of kids:

1. Ran away terrified

2. Tried to rough me up with their teenage siblings/cousins/accomplices.

On top of that, the suit was incredibly hot, smelly, and hard to see out of.

My pops worked me & my brother hard during the summer when we were younger, by the time we were 12 we had built a deck, painted the exterior of the house and finished the basement.

So I couldnt wait to get my first job so I could relax a little. I was a pretzle maker/drink runner at the Canadian national Exhibition (read: Urban fair in Toronto for 2 weeks in August).

thanks it was a thankless job. :laugh:

Surprisingly, I didn't fall into that trap. Most people end up hating kids afterwards. I found there were two types of kids:

1. Ran away terrified

2. Tried to rough me up with their teenage siblings/cousins/accomplices.

On top of that, the suit was incredibly hot, smelly, and hard to see out of.

I worked at chuck e cheese as well. However, I did not once don the rat outfit. :silly: I worked in the kitchen and then rose tired of that. So, i eventually worked my way up to become assistant tech. That part of the job was actually fun. I worked during the day and fixed arcade games all the while checking out the 'stay at home' Milfs. The only thing that sucked about the job was the pay.

I worked at chuck e cheese as well. However, I did not once don the rat outfit. :silly: I worked in the kitchen and then rose tired of that. So, i eventually worked my way up to become assistant tech. That part of the job was actually fun. I worked during the day and fixed arcade games all the while checking out the 'stay at home' Milfs. The only thing that sucked about the job was the pay.

i forgot about the milfs. i didn't get to check them out much b/c my head was mostly on a swivel when it was my turn to work the crowd. i do remember on time i was blindsided into a table and knocked over a pitcher of soda on a well endowed lady wearing a white halter...... ;)

i was exclusively the chuckster so i worked about 20min out of every hour i got paid. the pay wasn't great but i was making $5.75 during a time where minimum wage was $5.15. nothing to start a life with a new wife and kids but great for a teenager living at home.

i forgot about the milfs. i didn't get to check them out much b/c my head was mostly on a swivel when it was my turn to work the crowd. i do remember on time i was blindsided into a table and knocked over a pitcher of soda on a well endowed lady wearing a white halter...... ;)

i was exclusively the chuckster so i worked about 20min out of every hour i got paid. the pay wasn't great but i was making $5.75 during a time where minimum wage was $5.15. nothing to start a life with a new wife and kids but great for a teenager living at home.

lol I hear that. I must add one more thing though..

The Monkey Ninjas were and still are awesome..

http://www.monkeyninjas.com/

Looking for the title of my first job or what I actually did?

Title: Health Care Consultant

Function: Clean rental equipment (wheelchairs, hospital beds etc.), help people set up their rental equipment, cut the grass outside the shop, clean up the shop and whatever else I was asked to do (including making beer runs at 16).

Ah... porter at a bowling alley.

Porter = Janitor

The guy who pushes the little cart and empties ashtrays for you smokers out there.

LOL... I worked at a bowling alley for 6 years. I know what a porter is. Not a fun job. I did the duties of porter to help out but, never my main job duty. I also worked in the pro shop for 6 years and helped at the front desk for 3.

Busboy/Dishwasher for Rustler Steak House in Waldorf, MD.

Busboy sucked. Picking up half-eaten dirty plates. I actually liked Dishwasher best because it was MY area and the busboys had to listen to me.

I tried setups (potatos, seafood, fries etc.) and it was OK. Did a little Grill work, but hated being on the front line.

Worked at a lowes movie theatre when i was 16. Did it all there - sold tix, usher, concession and moved onto projection before I quit. We used to re-sell large popcorns after washing them out. Same thing with large cokes. Everything was on inventory so if you sold it twice, they only counted it once. Good times!

You did tell the ladies that you where in the business, didn't you?

Dishwasher at Ponderosa Steakhouse.

BTW congrats on your first job.

Also my first real job (see hourly wage) was at a country club. I would clean the clubs after people played rounds of golf... Also I helped set up tournaments and took people's golf bags from their car to their designated golf carts... Pretty sweet deal...

I tried to get that, my cousin did it at my age. Told me he got a lot of cash tips and everything. So I went but they weren't hiring. I will try for next summer.

I cut lawns in the DC heat and humidity.

First regular job was at Crown Books, stocking shelves and cashier.

Worst jobs - toss up between janitor, writing parking tickets (in the winter in Chicago), driving a Good Humor truck, and associate attorney in a skyscraper law firm. The last one paid well but I want my soul back :mad:

LOL... I worked at a bowling alley for 6 years. I know what a porter is. Not a fun job. I did the duties of porter to help out but, never my main job duty. I also worked in the pro shop for 6 years and helped at the front desk for 3.

Yeah - I did eventually work my way up through the ranks... pin mechanic (monkey), shoe dude, pro shop grunt, asst. manager....

Motivated me even more to finish college ;)

Archived