Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: McCardell in talks with Skins

Looks like Coach Joe is puttin' the ol' '99 Jags band back together. Next thing you know, Jimmy Smith and Tony Boselli will come out of retirement and a certain "super smart" QB will be chuckin' it all over the place again...

What do sports writers consider as league sources? Are agents in that group? I want to see the list of qualifications needed to be considered a league source by the press.

According to the article he lives in Houston and would potentially be a starter there. How realistic are these "active negotiations" with the Redskins. Are they real or is this just another agent using the press to try to get more money for their client?

I have to admit, LAST YEAR I would have jumped right on this but I'm happy we brought Espy back and Thrash knows his role. We need to get younger and cheaper at the WR posityion moving forward so... No thank you unless you just want to retire a redskin (doubtful)

I would absolutely hate this move . . . We have both Thrash and Espy to be the 4th wide out . . . why take up a roster space with an old veteran in a position that is not of need? Moreover, I am sure that McCardell would command a bit more money than what his position would be in Washington - a 4th or 5th wideout.

I think I would rather have Keyshawn. He seems like more of a Red zone threat than McCardell at this stage in their careers. McCardell had 36 catches and no TDs last year. Keyshawn had 70 catches w/ 4 TDs.

Not sure why McCardell would be that good of a pickup.

Some of you have the long-term memory of a flea. Remember a couple years ago when we had that kid from Super Fresh on the field with the game on the line? If Moss or Randle El go down, things could get ugly. So hell yeah, I'd sign McCardell all day every day for depth, with one small caveat-

VM+I

I completely agree. Whats wrong with having some quality depth. When we played Seattle in the playoff game in 05 Jimmy Farris was our 2nd wide reciever. You never know who could go down so a solid, veteran pickup like that sounds good to me.

Archived