Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: McCardell in talks with Skins

Depth, sure why not. Moss, Randle El, Lloyd, Thrash, Espy, McCardell...sure why not. As long as it doesn't cost too much and it's not to expensive or costly:paranoid:

HTTR

Problem is normally the team only carries 5 WRs...

Moss, Lloyd and Randle El are going nowhere (if for no other reason the team can not afford the Cap hit to cut any of them). Thrash is solid on special teams, Espy is young and from what very little we have seen of him he seems to have potential.

So cut the VET solid special teams guy or the one guy that has the potential to stick around in the league for many years (and is dirt cheap) to make room for McCardell who has at the most 1 or 2 years left in the tank as a role player?

don't fool yourselves. McCardell at 37 may very well turn out to be the #2 wide receiver on this team if he signs here.

until they PROVE they can be productive as regular players in burgundy and gold, Lloyd and ARE will be suspect.

right now the weak point on this offense is a second go-to receiver.

young qb learning the ropes and improving. impressive backfield. good veteran line with decent depth. leading tight end.

the missing element is a name player behind Santana Moss that defenses show some fear of.

So cut the VET solid special teams guy or the one guy that has the potential to stick around in the league for many years (and is dirt cheap) to make room for McCardell who has at the most 1 or 2 years left in the tank as a role player?

you do realize that role players are a giant part of championship teams right?

Espy hasn't shown much and keeping him on the practice squad for a year or even releasing him and possibly bringing him back later is always an option. We all thought Jimmy Farris showed some potential didn't we? He's having a good time in Atlanta or on the street now I guess.

Keenan is not even guaranteed a roster spot and if Espy is better than him then Espy will make the team, it's that simple.

I don't know why everyone is disgusted at the thought of having some depth...Loading up with good players and having them fight it out for a roster spot is a GOOD thing. The best players will make the team and that's all you can hope for.

I don't know why everyone is disgusted at the thought of having some depth...Loading up with good players and having them fight it out for a roster spot is a GOOD thing. The best players will make the team and that's all you can hope for.

thank you.. if are and llyod cant beat mccarrdell in training camp, it was a good thing bringing up in and could be our #2

I don't know. I guess we can use him in case Brandon Lloyd starts stinking it up again. Otherwise he should play the 3rd or 4th spot, because let's be honest, ARE isn't that good of a receiver, although he's a great special teamer. Although, if McCardell comes in that means Espy will go back to the practice squad, because Joe Gibbs absolutely loves Thrash. Shame too, I like what Espy did last year during preseason.

I don't know why everyone is disgusted at the thought of having some depth....

Depth? How about having the team address the shallow part of the team? We won 5 games last year because we couldn't stop the run or pressure a QB to save our life. If it was due to injury, we have proven where our depth needs are. Somebody in Ashburn better wake up soon, or it will be the SOS.

Redskins | Team makes offer to McCardell

Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:39:27 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins have offered unrestricted free-agent WR Keenan McCardell (Chargers) what is essentially the veteran minimum salary, according to sources.

McCardell is a vet but that may not be much of an advantage when it comes to to learning Al Saunders' offense. We saw that last year. He's already missed OTA's and Mini-Camp so I wonder how much he could actually contribute right away.

Yeah but we would have "Pops" Mccardell on our team dude! For veteran presence I like the idea of him - it would be like a Baker of the offense. That said his skills have to be on the decline by now for sure. I thiink if Sirius report is true then theyve done the right thing.

I'm all for bringing him into camp as there is no guarntee of a roster spot. Like I said, giving up good quality youth for a has been nothing left vet. just does not make any sense to me.

Redskins | Team makes offer to McCardell

Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:39:27 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins have offered unrestricted free-agent WR Keenan McCardell (Chargers) what is essentially the veteran minimum salary, according to sources.

If he signs here for the vet minimum, that is wonderful. Any complaints about that are foolish.

Edit: Just read that he rejected the offer... screw him.

Archived