Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would you rather owned the Redskins?

JC2MOSS

And why? Give me one example of an owner of a team in the NFL that has done a better job than Dan Snyder. And I dont mean an owner that has done a better job recently. I mean throughout the life of thier ownership.

Other than maybe Bob Kraft, I just dont see an owner that has an awesome record. I see Tom Brady making Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick look pretty smart. Considering Belichick and Bledsoe led the patriots to a stellar 5-11 season the year before Brady stepped in.

And during his head coaching tenure in Cleveland, Belichick compiled a less than impressive 36-44 record.

If you are talking about making the Redskins a successful organization and tremendously rich.....in the NFL for the past 10 years or so, I'd argue Snyder is the man.

However, if you are talking about winning product on the field and fan satisfaction-- I think there are alot of owners/teams that have done much better during Snyder's tenure as owner.

and I like Snyder, but the Eagles have had a much better record than the Skins during Snyder's tenure.

I think Snyder has learned alot from Gibbs II. Gibbs absolutely hates losing and will do whatever is necessary to win, even if it involves adaptation (see Al Saunders).

I think Snyder came in and played Fantasy Football with his personnell moves from 1999-2003. This handcuffed the organization (inability to build through the draft due to low # of draft picks) for the first 2 years of Gibbs II. It's only now, after a debacle of a 2006 season (a bit of poetic medicine imho) that the organization seems to have turned the corner and will begin to reap the benefits of wise and solid drafting (campbell, mcintosh, landry, cooley).

Danny came in and had his fun, realized he F%#$* up...and then remedied (or at least is attempting to remedy) the situation by bringing Gibbs back.

In answer to your question. I am more than happy with our owner because of 2 reasons:

1) He has money and likes to spend it on his football team.

2) He brought back Gibbs.

Snyder is the man. He brought Joe Gibbs back! That's all that matters in my book. I didn't get a chance to watch Gibbs really when i was younger. It's been a pleasure to watch him and how much the players respect him even with 2 losing seasons. The way the team went to the playoffs and how we have beaten the cowboys with Gibbs has given me great memories that i'll never forget. His only bad decisions to me was sticking with Brunell to long and the way the staff dealt with Lavar. Other than that, all praise Joe Gibbs and the man who rehired him.

And why? Give me one example of an owner of a team in the NFL that has done a better job than Dan Snyder. And I dont mean an owner that has done a better job recently. I mean throughout the life of thier ownership.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Jack Kent Cooke! There is 1 owner right there that has done a better job throughout the life of his ownership!

JKC brought us Joe Gibbs and Super Bowls. Of course he has passed away but JKC was a great owner. For now Snyder is fine that he has backed off on every decision being made. JKC did a great job while he was our owner, its too bad he passed away when he did. But for now, i woulnt want any other owner than Snyder, the Learners and that knuckle head that tried to buy the team after JKC passed away were morons.

I dont know all the owners in the NFL, but surely I would rather have anyone else besides Snyder! People like Jerry Jones and Al Davis who have gotten farther than Danny ever will, but have now fallen although thier fans will get new owners long before us based on age.

Bob Kraft

The Rooney Family

Jerry Richardson

The Mara family

Wayne Huizenga

the Hunt Family

Pat Bowlen

Paul Allen (by far)

The Green Bay coop

These are just a few of the owners that I'd rather have than Snyder. Snyder, while he's backed off somewhat, is a man who cannot be trusted, especially with his association with Tom Cruise.

Archived