Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best all-time fight that you can come up with.

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Out of all the great fighters of all-time, boxing or MMA, which dream matchups would you like to see in a given night?

This is boxers vs. boxers and martial artists vs. martial artists, so we don't have to make it boxing vs. MMA. I'll start:

Main Event: Ali vs. Tyson

Sugar Ray Robinson vs. Sugar Ray Leonard

Evander Holyfield vs. Roy Jones Jr.

Fedor Emelienenko vs. Bas Rutten

Rickson Gracie vs. Matt Hughes

Man, the one all-time fight that I would cut my left arm off with a butter knife to see is Jack Johnson vs. Rocky Marciano.

My gut feeling is that Johnson would get the best of it, just because of his size and reach (and probably power) advantage. But from everything I've seen and read, Marciano had more heart than anyone who ever stepped in the ring; and some pretty ridiculous power in his own right.

It's hard to say outright that Marciano would lose, considering he knocked out 43 of his 49 opponents and never lost. But the rare, grainy-video of Johnson shows a man with no fear (in or out of the ring), who hit like a train wreck.

Damn, I'd love to see that fight.

I'd like to see a prime Tyson against a prime other top heavyweight of any era. Just to see if Tyson was truly for real during his prime or just beating bums. His bigs wins were against an over the hill Larry Holmes and a light heavyweight in Michael Spinks.

I'd like to see a prime Tyson against a prime other top heavyweight of any era. Just to see if Tyson was truly for real during his prime or just beating bums. His bigs wins were against an over the hill Larry Holmes and a light heavyweight in Michael Spinks.

Didn't Evander beat him twice?

Archived