Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Springs Leaves Practice Early

CPstretch

That's terrible. But since you have the boobie girl as your signature, I'll overlook it. :laugh: :laugh:

Okay. I'm getting a new computer tomorrow because mine doesn't show boobie girls! And isn't that what a computer is all about?! :doh:

i dont consider 1 interception "excellent". good corners pick more balls than this. this whole myth of "teams dont throw at him" is just retarded. hes not champ bailey and never will be. rogers got in front of WAAAAY more balls than springs did this season, if rogers knew how to catch this whole board would be in love with him and his INTs. we dont need anymore injury prone overpaid vets on this roster.

you are correct, he was excellent in 04

5 picks, 6 sacks = excellent

1 pick, 0 sacks = not so much

do you actually watch any of the games? Springs was shutting guys down in '05. Green used to go a long time without pics too. There's a lot more to being a good player then just stats. :doh:

Springs,,,needs to get it order on another franchise,,,this guy comes from having trips to brasil to,,returning back,,to another season,,missing most of it last year,,,i feel for this guy,,considering his pops situation,,,everone needs to get off his back & let him be,,be has proven enough just like any other player on this team,,,playing just enough to get by...let him be

do you actually watch any of the games? Springs was shutting guys down in '05. Green used to go a long time without pics too. There's a lot more to being a good player then just stats. :doh:

yes there is more than just stats, but turnovers are in my opinion the most important stat to a defense. you can give up all the yards in the world, but forcing that turnover negates the offenses entire drive. springs doesnt create much in the way of turnovers, i wish he did. i cant remember every redskins game ive watched, and sure when hes healthy hes a good corner, but hes not healthy often, and he doesnt create turnovers. cornerbacks that make moves on the ball create turnovers. guys who hit hard force fumbles create turnovers. rogers does both of these things better than springs, and again, if rogers had actually held on to balls that hit him in the face, he'd have had a great season. he probably dropped close to 6 INTs, and barely held on to the one he caught. im so sick of hearing "shawn springs shuts everyone down" and im so sick of hearing him compared to darrell green. shawn springs isnt darrell green. green played at a high level until he was 40, springs cant play a full season.

Springs,,,needs to get it order on another franchise,,,this guy comes from having trips to brasil to,,returning back,,to another season,,missing most of it last year,,,i feel for this guy,,considering his pops situation,,,everone needs to get off his back & let him be,,be has proven enough just like any other player on this team,,,playing just enough to get by...let him be

Am I the only person whom this post makes no sense to?

I can't tell if you're bashing him or praising him.

yes there is more than just stats, but turnovers are in my opinion the most important stat to a defense. you can give up all the yards in the world, but forcing that turnover negates the offenses entire drive. springs doesnt create much in the way of turnovers, i wish he did. i cant remember every redskins game ive watched, and sure when hes healthy hes a good corner, but hes not healthy often, and he doesnt create turnovers. cornerbacks that make moves on the ball create turnovers. guys who hit hard force fumbles create turnovers. rogers does both of these things better than springs, and again, if rogers had actually held on to balls that hit him in the face, he'd have had a great season. he probably dropped close to 6 INTs, and barely held on to the one he caught. im so sick of hearing "shawn springs shuts everyone down" and im so sick of hearing him compared to darrell green. shawn springs isnt darrell green. green played at a high level until he was 40, springs cant play a full season.

BLC, you are really insane. It is beyond comprehension.

The only thing we have to go on with regards to Rogers is last year. He was AWFUL. Could he be better... absolutely. I hope to see a lot of improvement out of him and lord knows he has ability.

But, the way you are comparing Springs and Rogers is absolutely ludicrous. You don't have a leg to stand on. Springs is in an entirely different class than Rogers right now. To say he doesnt force turnovers is a joke. I remember him stepping in front of at least two Favre passes two years ago. I'm sure Rogers has never had two picks in one game.

Please stop now. Springs is on the 'skins this year. He's our number 1 CB. Go with it.

BLC, you are really insane. It is beyond comprehension.

The only thing we have to go on with regards to Rogers is last year. He was AWFUL. Could he be better... absolutely. I hope to see a lot of improvement out of him and lord knows he has ability.

But, the way you are comparing Springs and Rogers is absolutely ludicrous. You don't have a leg to stand on. Springs is in an entirely different class than Rogers right now. To say he doesnt force turnovers is a joke. I remember him stepping in front of at least two Favre passes two years ago. I'm sure Rogers has never had two picks in one game.

Please stop now. Springs is on the 'skins this year. He's our number 1 CB. Go with it.

lets see if he can make it to practice first.

and "To say he doesnt force turnovers is a joke" isnt really a joke. hes forced 2 turnovers in the past 2 seasons. you cant argue with those numbers.

and he picked favre twice in 04, and nobody is arguing he wasnt great that season. 5 picks, 6 sacks = great.

give me rogers, and call me crazy.

and "To say he doesnt force turnovers is a joke" isnt really a joke. hes forced 2 turnovers in the past 2 seasons. you cant argue with those numbers.

and he picked favre twice in 04, and nobody is arguing he wasnt great that season. 5 picks, 6 sacks = great.

youre ****ing crazy

Springs is a very good corner when healthy. Definately not in the same league as Roland or Green.. so I strongly disagree with the people on here who think hes mediocre. Im just tired of hearing about him. When I first heard this though I thought he was hurt or upset about something again. Im just tired of Springs...but he is def our best option this year. Hope his family is well...Hail!

There are no stupid people just stupid posts

Allegedly :D :D :D

BLC, I think Springs is going to suprise you this year and have an outstanding year. But let's say for argument's sake Springs he has another year like last year and misses several games. Even if I could predict the future acturately and knew for a fact Springs was going to miss several games this year I would still keep him on the roster this year.

In your opinion what do we gain by not having him on the team? Do you think he is a troublemaker in the locker room? Surely it can't be the money DS is paying him it is not like the money is coming out of your bank account. The CAP hit we take for cutting him this year makes it basically a wash as far as keeping or cutting him. With the meager CAP relief we do get who would you sign to improve the team over having Springs on the team.

BLC, I think Springs is going to suprise you this year and have an outstanding year. But let's say for argument's sake Springs he has another year like last year and misses several games. Even if I could predict the future acturately and knew for a fact Springs was going to miss several games this year I would still keep him on the roster this year.

In your opinion what do we gain by not having him on the team? Do you think he is a troublemaker in the locker room? Surely it can't be the money DS is paying him it is not like the money is coming out of your bank account. The CAP hit we take for cutting him this year makes it basically a wash as far as keeping or cutting him. With the meager CAP relief we do get who would you sign to improve the team over having Springs on the team.

i reeeeally hope he goes back to his 04 form, i doubt he will though. 32 year olds with major injuries dont just spring (lol) back to life. but for hopes sake, hes hoping for 5 picks and 5 sacks.

i think he hinders rogers development. i worry that rogers gets relegated to nickelback and smoot takes over as the 2nd corner. we need to develop rogers and having springs as the #1 corner (if he really will be that role) gives less playing time to los. this will also 99% most likely be springs last year here. i also dont like the fact that we rely so much on a guy with injury concerns. were investing time into a guy that is in the twilight of his career. if he is going to be the nickle/2nd corner, then im happy about that, itll limit his time and allow him less room for injury with his hammy and sports hernia. i really want rogers matched up against #1s this year. hes the supposed future of our CB corps, he was a first round draft pick, and hes shown flashes of great CB status. lets see what hes made of. id rather give him the keys and say "los, its yours to lose" than have him waiting in the wings for springs to go down again.

i like rogers a lot more than most people, hes very physical, he knows how to make moves on the ball, yes hes gotten torched deep, but everyone does. los learns how to catch, we all sing a different tune.

Archived