Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's June 1st, is Springs here still?

ThePreciating

Often the cap casualities happen at midnight, so teams have had nine plus hours to throw out their garbage. Springs should be safe. Hopefully, he comes in healthy and raring to go. This has been a hard offseason for him with the trade talks and more importantly his father's health issues.

Often the cap casualities happen at midnight, so teams have had nine plus hours to throw out their garbage. Springs should be safe. Hopefully, he comes in healthy and raring to go. This has been a hard offseason for him with the trade talks and more importantly his father's health issues.

::applause:: thank you kindly ::kungfu::

lets just see if hes here on the 4th when he said he'd be here.
Yup, thats what he said and it was written in the Washington Post that he would show up on the 4th, I believe he is doing that to see if they cut him before that and if not he will be here. Actually I just pulled the article and I swore he said the 4th but it was the 5th.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/21/AR2007052101376.html

Springs better not be going anywhere. He still is our best CB even if it is true that he may have lost a step. Smoot and Rogers are good #2 CBs, but neither has the ability of Springs (yet, in the case of Rogers).

I don't even know if he has lost a step, because you rarely hear his name when he's healthy, which is a good thing.

From the Washington Times article on June 1 cuts:

And last year's extension of the collective bargaining agreement with the players association tweaked the rules so that teams can cut two players before June 1 each year and have them count as post-June 1 cuts.

So, I ask you, why would we cut springs post-June 1 when we could have cut him before June 1 and gotten the same effect. Get over it people (BLC ;)) He's going to be here

ill stop the springs business when i see him at redskins park. until then, no one knows.

I agree with you... We don't know. It would be dumb for them to cut him, but that doesn't mean they won't do something dumb.

I think Smoot, Macklin and Rogers will play a lot this year no matter what. If Springs is here, he is #1... The other guys are fairly interchangeable, but I think Smoot is better in man than either Carlos or Macklin.

Smart answer to dumb question they'll be scrolling on NFL network and with the magic of google and keywords june 1st cuts 2007........................

I know but don't the Redskins typically release this information all at one at a specific time? I thought last year it was later in the day. :whoknows:

Just wondering if there was an "official" time for the news to come out of Redskins park.

Guess I'll just have to check periodically. :cool:

Archived