Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's June 1st, is Springs here still?

ThePreciating

No, he wont be going anywhere the difference cutting him before June 1st and after is us saving like 500 k (I believe could be wrong here). We need him hes out best corner no way we give him up in my opinion.

you're right about him staying this season but how much will it cost to cut him next year?

you're right about him staying this season but how much will it cost to cut him next year?

Cost to cut springs in 08

4.968 mil as a reg cut (Exactly the same as it would be to cut him June 1st this year)

08 June 1st or 2nd or whatever

2.484 dead cap hit in 08

2.484 dead cap hit in 09

Savings to cut in 08

a cap credit of about 2.5 mil as a reg cut

a cap credit of about 5 mil to cut as a June 1st cut in 08

It would make no sense to cut Springs this season, he is by far our best corner when healthy. Who would really want Carlos Rogers as the number 1 shutdown corner?

Number 1 shutdown corner?Even Springs isnt a SHUTDOWN corner, but he is better when healthy.Not all #1 corners are a shutdown corner.

Again, as I mentioned last week, I've heard through a team employee that he will not be here at the start of the season and that he is going through some "personal issues" to boot. That is the reason he isn't here. He doesn't want to be here from what I was told. Things change and this certainly isn't 100% decided b/c my source isn't a coach, but he volunteered the information w/out me baiting him. It was interesting and he seemed confident that Springs (although he may show in camp) will not be a Skin.

HTTR

Again, as I mentioned last week, I've heard through a team employee that he will not be here at the start of the season and that he is going through some "personal issues" to boot. That is the reason he isn't here. He doesn't want to be here from what I was told. Things change and this certainly isn't 100% decided b/c my source isn't a coach, but he volunteered the information w/out me baiting him. It was interesting and he seemed confident that Springs (although he may show in camp) will not be a Skin.

HTTR

ive been waiting for you to elaborate further on the comment you made in my thread last week. thank you for the more in depth explanation. i wonder what other ESers feel about your comments.

Are there any June 1st casualties for us or WHAT?

There aren't too many notable cuts league wise, at least the players we could sign for the DLine. Teams are getting smarter with signing players, damn it.

ive been waiting for you to elaborate further on the comment you made in my thread last week. thank you for the more in depth explanation. i wonder what other ESers feel about your comments.

I'm just waiting to see like you guys. My hope is that he's here, but something doesn't seem right b/c of the comments from my source. When I talk to him again, I'll share more if he knows more. By then though, I'm sure we'll know whether or not Springs will be here or not. He also mentioned that Campbell is looking great and that Landry is a complete freak. He had many good things to say about the team. Most of what we talked about was funny stories as he is close with some of the guys, so I didn't pry about the status of Springs etc. Whatever it's worth ;)

HTTR

Lets see, Springs not injured, number 3 and number 9 defense

Springs injured 31st ranked defense

You figure it out for yourself

springs didnt make our dline get older and more injured. and the one playoff game weve won in the past 8 years or so was WITHOUT springs. it was also a game in which our offense set the all time record for worst offensive performance in a playoff victory. so yeah.

springs wouldnt have helped our front 7 at all this year. and when springs did play at times we still got pwned hard, so yeah.

OK time for cap casualties. Would we have heard if Springs is being cut?
I noticed that Shaun is still on the team roster and I haven't seen or heard anything that would indicate anything adverse to that. I'm hoping that Shaun and the team have resolved contractul matters and that he will be present at the beginning of training camp. I guess it's a "wait and see issue" !!

HTTR

If he doesn't want to be here then that changes everything and cap be damned he won't be.

Johnny, what sir do we gain in your opinion by cutting him? We get around 1 mil in CAP savings for 07 if we are to cut him now. Who do we get for 1 mil this year that will replace our best CB in your opinion?

If we june first cut him this year we save about 2.5 mil this year.

Lets see, Springs not injured, number 3 and number 9 defense

Springs injured 31st ranked defense

You figure it out for yourself

Dude you obviously get it when it comes to understanding the secondary but your sig sucks!!! I think I am not alone here in stating many of us are sick and tired of looking at your gay Asian friends. In the interest of balance how about replace your sig with some half naked lesbians instead? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Archived