Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Springs be on the redskins in 07?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Brain Surgeon. Why didn't you just name the thread "Springs Sucks Ass, I Hate Him."

It was obvious that this was where you were headed.

Like the whole poll thing was so sneaky. :laugh:

Get a life already, he is the best we have.

even though im not a huge fan of springs, i still wanted everyones take on whether they think he'll be here. ive listed all the reasons i have for thinking he wont be here, no one has offered up anything other than "hes the best we have" or "he said he'll be here". theres so many signs that point to buh bye wayne brady, but for some reason him saying "ill be there" is somehow the end all of the topic. oh well.

we need springs but his contract is ridiculous. we have no choice but to keep him

False about ridiculous contract - see Nate Clements. Springs is probably one of the four or five most capable cornerbacks in the NFL. He will be paid much more than we are paying him this year if he leaves.

Look at Bly, look at Clements, look at Samuel. Springs is older, I know. However, over the next two years (which is how long he is under contract here for), I bet you that 15-20 teams would pay Springs more than we are paying him.

I think we'll keep Springs on the team. He's a very vital component of what we do on Defense. Hopefully Rogers and Smoot can start to gain enough chemistry with each other where if Springs goes down this season, and going into next season, when he'll likely not be here, where they can keep rolling with no drop off.

For this year though, I think Springs will be here. I think he will have a good season too. He seems extremely focused on what he's doing, and trying his hardest.

False about ridiculous contract - see Nate Clements. Springs is probably one of the four or five most capable cornerbacks in the NFL. He will be paid much more than we are paying him this year if he leaves.

Look at Bly, look at Clements, look at Samuel. Springs is older, I know. However, over the next two years (which is how long he is under contract here for), I bet you that 15-20 teams would pay Springs more than we are paying him.

i dont think paying a guy, who hasnt played a full season in 6 years coming off of 2 major injuries and one nagging injury, 7 million dollars makes any sense. nate clements is a better, younger, harder hitting, better turnover creating, healthier cornerback than shawn "ouch" springs. that is why he was paid so much. springs is entering the later years of his backloaded contract, ill be shocked if we pay him.

I think he may start the season as a Skin, but may still be moved before the trade deadline comes and goes. A lot is going to depend on how the other corners preform. If Smoot and Macklin step up big time, Springs may be expendible. But if Springs has a great start to the season...you can never have too many good corners right?

BLC, although I voted he will be here, thanks to your posts in another thread, I don't know. The stuff about the date of his return is fishy. I liked SS long before he was a skin. He is exelent when healthy and I hope he can be that way all year and deep into the playoffs.I would imagine we would trade him for another soon to be june first, overpaid, in need of a new contract type of player.

BLC, although I voted he will be here, thanks to your posts in another thread, I don't know. The stuff about the date of his return is fishy. I liked SS long before he was a skin. He is exelent when healthy and I hope he can be that way all year and deep into the playoffs.I would imagine we would trade him for another soon to be june first, overpaid, in need of a new contract type of player.

at least SOMEONE else acknowledges that its weird. why would he wait til after? like he cant train here, so he waits until AFTER the cut date and stays in arizona? my money says hes training hard in arizona because he thinks he'll be cut and he needs to be in the best shape so he can get one more payday. from the lions.

i dont think paying a guy, who hasnt played a full season in 6 years coming off of 2 major injuries and one nagging injury, 7 million dollars makes any sense. nate clements is a better, younger, harder hitting, better turnover creating, healthier cornerback than shawn "ouch" springs. that is why he was paid so much. springs is entering the later years of his backloaded contract, ill be shocked if we pay him.

You could say the same thing about several players on the roster.

Brunell... Lloyd...

at least SOMEONE else acknowledges that its weird. why would he wait til after? like he cant train here, so he waits until AFTER the cut date and stays in arizona? my money says hes training hard in arizona because he thinks he'll be cut and he needs to be in the best shape so he can get one more payday. from the lions.

I don't think it is weird, isn't his dad still recovering from heart surgery/attack/whatever. So if that was not the case then it would be nothing more then a vet not feeling they need to be here for the OTA's. Heck aren't the Ravens missing like 7 or 8 STARTERS from their OTA"s including Ray Lewis.

His salary is 5 mil this year and he could demand a trade as someone would pay him that minimum as a signing bonus. His contract was ridiculous before FA started and once Clements and the OG's blew the salary structure away his contract is now reasonable for a top 15 corner when he is healthy.

Also boys remember that we can cut him at anytime and say he is a June 1st cut. The actual cap savings don't apply till June 1st but he can be cut at any time when the new league year starts (ala Patten).

u wanna pay clements 7 yr 80 mil?

i was begging for us to sign clements, hes a great CB. and his contract is whatever, its backloaded as hell, he'll never see half that money. its not like hes getting 11 mil a year. he gets like 4 then 5 then 8 then 12 and so on. i think his last two years are like half the contract, which he will never see in a million years.

Heard tonight that he won't be here this year from a reliable source. Heard that he's got some things to iron out and that he won't be a Redskin. Take it for what it's worth, but don't be surprised if he isn't here this year.

HTTR

could you elaborate a little please? if you cant i understand, but any info would be appreciated. thanks!

Archived