Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Springs be on the redskins in 07?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Has it been decided that Springs won't be a post June 1 cut. You would think if we made that decision to cut him we would do it the first day we could. BUt Springs, Williams, and Gibbs have all said that he'll be here on the 5th.

Does this mean Springs is here or at least this year?

Yes. Besides the fact that it's kinda late to go through with a trade, and that he's in his early thirties, we kind of need him. Did you see the difference in our pass coverage last year when he was out and Carlos Rogers was all alone?

don't forget macklin... macklin is a hard worker and he's a decent cb. I'm just not ready to ride springs dick after he bascially id non existant last year due to injuries and he will probably do the ame this year. I used to like springs but I don't like anyone who isn't about the team. And i wouldn't care if we cut spring, or trade or whateer, i was more heartbroken when we let go of smoot,bailey, and arrington. Besides, you never know who we can pick up to help us at CB this year is something happens.

Brain Surgeon. Why didn't you just name the thread "Springs Sucks Ass, I Hate Him."

It was obvious that this was where you were headed.

Like the whole poll thing was so sneaky. :laugh:

Get a life already, he is the best we have.

look at you in this thread calling someone else a brain surgeon and sayin that about his opinion about springs..

when you are the one who started the thread that says portis isnt a homerun threat and betts is better because he has more YPC.. but the thing you didn't realize is that any back-up who isnt a everydown back is always going to hae a better YPC coming in and only running 5-10 per game compared to portis who runs 30+ times a game.. I honestly wish you liked the cowboys, then i could understand your ignorance.. but you gotta be a skins fan, from florida at that.

Just wondering, ive heard mixed opinions but i figured id start a poll to see. he hasnt shown up for camp yet, the FO doesnt want to pay his salary, they have tried to trade him, and hes 32 and has injury concerns. so, will he be here or not?

Barring injury and being put on the IR.......yes.

He fits in Williams system better than any other DB on the squad.

Can blitz, can play the run and can cover most #1's (he usually shuts TO down or holds him to minimal gains).

i dont think paying a guy, who hasnt played a full season in 6 years coming off of 2 major injuries and one nagging injury, 7 million dollars makes any sense. nate clements is a better, younger, harder hitting, better turnover creating, healthier cornerback than shawn "ouch" springs. that is why he was paid so much. springs is entering the later years of his backloaded contract, ill be shocked if we pay him.

Shawn "Ouch" Springs?

Very original...

Yeah, I know Snyder has a penchant for spending lots, but we didn't have the cap space to even talk about getting Nate Clements. Think of what you're asking; getting rid of Springs, which would be a cap penalty, and then tryig to sign Clements, who got an 80 million dollar deal. It's just not going down, sorry buddy.

False about ridiculous contract - see Nate Clements. Springs is probably one of the four or five most capable cornerbacks in the NFL. He will be paid much more than we are paying him this year if he leaves.

Look at Bly, look at Clements, look at Samuel. Springs is older, I know. However, over the next two years (which is how long he is under contract here for), I bet you that 15-20 teams would pay Springs more than we are paying him.

and quoted for truth. People hating on Springs' contract need to realize that had we got clements, it would be much more a joke.

We need depth, if Springs cant play every game he cant play every game...but..

Smoot Rogers and Macklin is an average secondary...

Springs Smoot Rogers and Macklin is an above average secondary. Combine those four with our safeties and it is just naaasty.

I don't understand those on here who want to cut Springs, he is our best corner when playing. For the games we actually had our starting corners healthy and playing together last year our D played fine (Carolina and NO comes to mind). So now we add some depth to our secondary and some suggest we get rid of Springs. Makes as much sense to me as trade or gid rid of Portis or Betts threads:doh:

Yes Springs has a history getting hurt, but Rogers also got hurt last year as well. Now we have better depth at the position by adding Smoot and Macklin but WTF get rid of the depth at the posistion? What if we cut Springs then Smoot gets hurt early in the season. We then have Macklin starting and then have unproven players at the nickle and dime positions.

Besides iIf you haven't already looked at the salary cap implications we do not gain much cap relief anyway should we cut or trade Springs this year.

I am on the side of keeping Springs, but I understand the rationale of the people who want to release Springs. Releasing Springs now, would hurt the Skins this year, but help the salary cap in the coming years. Most fans do not want to think 2,3, or 4 years ahead.All most fans are concerned with, is the coming year.

and quoted for truth. People hating on Springs' contract need to realize that had we got clements, it would be much more a joke.

um, clements was the best CB on the market, and sorry to break it to you, hes better than springs. hes more durable (has never missed a game, go look at how much springs plays), he creates more turnovers, and hes just a better more physical cornerback.

if springs was so good, dont you think some of these teams we tried trading him to would have jumped at the chance? or maybe all these teams dont want to pay over the hill injury prone cornerbacks 7 million dollars. springs has 2 picks in the past 2 years, top 5 cornerbacks (hell, top 30) generate well beyond that. he doesnt blitz anymore, and every week hes a mystery to play. but hey, i guess to some of you that warrants 7 mil a year.

clements contract isnt a joke, if you understood how it works its not that crazy. i think hes due 40 mil of that 80 in his last two years, and he'll never see a dime of it. 80 mil a year for 8 years doesnt mean hes making 10 a year.

um, clements was the best CB on the market, and sorry to break it to you, hes better than springs. hes more durable (has never missed a game, go look at how much springs plays), he creates more turnovers, and hes just a better more physical cornerback.

if springs was so good, dont you think some of these teams we tried trading him to would have jumped at the chance? or maybe all these teams dont want to pay over the hill injury prone cornerbacks 7 million dollars. springs has 2 picks in the past 2 years, top 5 cornerbacks (hell, top 30) generate well beyond that. he doesnt blitz anymore, and every week hes a mystery to play. but hey, i guess to some of you that warrants 7 mil a year.

clements contract isnt a joke, if you understood how it works its not that crazy. i think hes due 40 mil of that 80 in his last two years, and he'll never see a dime of it. 80 mil a year for 8 years doesnt mean hes making 10 a year.

Clements deal was outrageous. He is now the highest paid defensive player ever and I am not talking about 8 years 80 million, but rather the guaranteed money he recieved. Your argument of statistics for corners does not make football sense. Interceptions are not the way to judge corners. We as skins fans should understand that best (D.Green). When Springs is on the field for the Skins he is well worth the 7 million dollars. Releasing Springs this year, hurts the Skins defense too much. After reading some recent reports on him, it seems as if he is working his butt off this offseason. Have a little faith in him and enjoy watching him put Owens on lock down next year!!!!!

Archived