Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Word in Philly...

GoSkins0721

Didn't he sign a huge contract a couple years back? I mean, sure he's too busy puking to win when it counts, and he's a big ole titty baby, but he is a pretty hefty investment.

Banner is the best capologist in the league. He will know when the time is right. He always does. He's so smarmy and evil.

Here's the deal with the Iggles: McNabb is 32 years old, injured much of the past 2 years and they drafted Kolb in the 2nd round. They (fans) are ready to give up on him. They really think he's done. And, they know how cheap the owners are in Philly. They think it's time to move on to another qb. Yeah, I know it's sports talk chatter, but McNabb is not happy they drafted this guy in the 2nd. Idle chatter? Maybe. But I think there's major dissention in Philly (good for us).

Whenever there is talk of a "franchise QB" being unhappy, there's usually some truth to it. Philly is notorious for not keeping players around (don't know McNabb's cap hit) when it's time to pay him.

My guess: McNabb has played his last year (2007) in Philly....

And an unquestioned pro-bowler with one of the best TD to Interception ratios in the history of football who gurantees any team he plays for a legitimate hope to win a Super Bowl.

I know it's convenient to forget how good he is, but let's at least flesh out the facts before we get too a far ahead of ourselves.

Ay, did he get sick in the SB or not? Is he a big whiny baby or not? Stop trying turn my statements into something other than exactly what they are. The truth.

You come off a little more defensive than really you should be. :) I like that.

leave it to my good friend Westy to try and change the topic

Portis said something stupid being interviewed

McNabb tried to manipulate the media to get public support

a tiny difference there :laugh:

He said his true feelings; which are more disgusting and worthy of scorn than anything McNabb has ever done while with the Eagles.

Here's the deal with the Iggles: McNabb is 32 years old, injured much of the past 2 years and they drafted Kolb in the 2nd round. They (fans) are ready to give up on him. They really think he's done. And, they know how cheap the owners are in Philly. They think it's time to move on to another qb. Yeah, I know it's sports talk chatter, but McNabb is not happy they drafted this guy in the 2nd. Idle chatter? Maybe. But I think there's major dissention in Philly (good for us).

Whenever there is talk of a "franchise QB" being unhappy, there's usually some truth to it. Philly is notorious for not keeping players around (don't know McNabb's cap hit) when it's time to pay him.

My guess: McNabb has played his last year (2007) in Philly....

McNabb's age goes up with each thread that is made. I fully expect someone to post that he is 34 before the start of training camp.

He said his true feelings; which are more disgusting and worthy of scorn than anything McNabb has ever done while with the Eagles.

:rolleyes: Portis' comments have been taken out of context - media sensationalism at its best. I'm not going to discuss it, but see my posts in the two Stadium threads for more info.

:rolleyes: Portis' comments have been taken out of context - media sensationalism at its best. I'm not going to discuss it, but see my posts in the two Stadium threads for more info.

TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT?!!?!? :laugh: Usually people try that routine when there are quotes posted.....not a freakin video! :laugh:

I seen you defending his comments from the beginning, which is disgusting in my opinion. I mean if you'll defend a man who sees nothing wrong with dog fighting, what exactly WON'T you defend if a Skin says it?

Character is more that a football game.

McNabb is 32? really? I didn't think he was that old.

Well if that's true, and he tore an ACL last year, that's a tough age to come back 100%.

I said before I thought McNabb had 2-3 more (solid) seasons left in him. But maybe not :whoknows:

TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT?!!?!? :laugh: Usually people try that routine when there are quotes posted.....not a freakin video! :laugh:

I seen you defending his comments from the beginning, which is disgusting in my opinion. I mean if you'll defend a man who sees nothing wrong with dog fighting, what exactly WON'T you defend if a Skin says it?

Character is more that a football game.

I have said from the beginning that I'm giving Portis the benefit of the doubt on this one. What he said has been misconstrued, IMO. He was speaking on the relative nature of the crime, not the crime itself. And when he said "It can't be that bad of a crime," none of the video shown shows the rest of the sentence. I'm sure I can cherry pick parts of any sentence you've ever written to make a not-so-flattering story about you, Westy.

I've also said from the beginning that I think dog-fighting is atrocious, and Vick should be punished to the full extent of the law.

But if you want to discuss this further, please use one of the following links:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199176

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199015

No way this happens. The Eagles have waaaaaayy too much invested in Mcnabb to throw him away for some 2nd rounder QB named Kolb who they don't even know will turn out decent or not. The PR ramifications would be murder, and Andy Reid would raise a huge fuss for them shipping out his brain child. Nope. Mcnabb is staying in Philly for a while ...

nope as usual you are wrong :D

Here is the O.P.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

...is they are fed up with McNabb and are ready to move him.

I've been listening to the talkradio crappola up here for the past 5 weeks. It seems the city is ready to move Donavan for anything. The latest:

1. McNabb to Chicago for Briggs and a #1 from Chicago. The talk is this doesn't seem likely as the Eagles would be helping a NFC team gain the upper hand.

2. McNabb to the Jags for Rashean Mathis (CB). The callers (and hosts) seem to think this is the most viable trade option.

All of the callers (and hosts) seem to think moving McNabb now is in the best interest of the team. They think Feely can handle the team for 1 year and then let Kolb (#2 round pick from Houston) lead the team in 2008. They are ready to run McNabb out of town....

Gotta love it when NFC East teams are messed up worse than us. Especially in the QB area....

--------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm wrong?

Ay, did he get sick in the SB or not? Is he a big whiny baby or not? Stop trying turn my statements into something other than exactly what they are. The truth.

You come off a little more defensive than really you should be. :) I like that.

He got sick in the SB. It's pretty subjective whether or not he is a "whiny baby," but I'll agree that he is a bit more sensitive than most 30 year old men.

But that doesn't change that everything I said about Donovan McNabb is entirely true as well. In your haste to talk about McNabb getting sick and whining, I just wanted to point out that he is still an infinitely more impactful player than anyone else in the conference, when healthy.

It's relevant information, his ability.

He got sick in the SB. It's pretty subjective whether or not he is a "whiny baby," but I'll agree that he is a bit more sensitive than most 30 year old men.

But that doesn't change that everything I said about Donovan McNabb is entirely true as well. In your haste to talk about McNabb getting sick and whining, I just wanted to point out that he is still an infinitely more impactful player than anyone else in the conference, when healthy.

It's relevant information, his ability.

What does his ability have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing. You're being over defensive. Shows me you're insecure about him. I dig it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Super-shuffle-McNabb-Briggs-swap-makes-sense?urn=nfl,33381

Super shuffle? McNabb, Briggs swap makes sense

Monday, May 21, 2007 2:06 pm EDT

Was the recent drafting of quarterback Kevin Kolb a sign that the Philadelphia Eagles might trade Donovan McNabb before the 2007 season?

That's one theory, anyway. As for a possible destination, the Chicago Bears are ready to win the Super Bowl. They might have won it last year except for a glaring weakness at quarterback.

The key to this scenario is Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, who has said publicly that he will never play for Chicago again and who refused to report to minicamp on Friday.

Briggs is, arguably, the best weakside linebacker in the game and is only 26. He could help Philly rebuild its defense while Kolb gets ready to take control of the offense.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Briggs is, arguably, the best weakside linebacker in the game and is only 26. He could help Philly rebuild its defense while Kolb gets ready to take control of the offense.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

LOL, I'm guessing they took a different stance on Briggs when he was being linked to the Skins.

Both those trade scenarios are ludicrously bad for the Eagles. McNabb may be a pain in the butt, but there is no reasonable scenario where they are better without him this year.

Archived