Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated/underrated Redskin

RIDETHEWALRUS

Over: For now Todd Collins. Brought here to help teach the Qb's the offense and Mark still looked like the same ol guy when he was playing. jury is still out on helping Jason.

Under:Joe Gibbs. He brought these guys together and when its all said and done he wont get the respect and praise he deserves.

From a Redskin fans perspective, who do you believe is the most overrated and most underrated player on this team. I'll start.

The most overrated Redskin is....

Santana Moss.

Don't get me wrong, I really like him at wideout. The season he had in '05 was amazing and he was the dagger in the heart of Dallas. The problem is he just didn't produce last year. We have had him for two years. One outstanding, and another one dissapointing. I reckon his poor play last year is largely attribuatble to the QB play and the inability of a #2 WR to emerge. I hope he has a very good year this year, but there is always a chance that 05 was an abbirition.

Most underrated Redskin is...

Phillip Daniels

All he ever does is his job, and that is why he gets no love. He is solid against the run and occassionally gets pressure on the QB. The terrible play of the DL last year was not on his shoulders, rather it lay largely on the people behind him and the tollroad know as Warrick Holdman on the other side. He will never excite, but he seems to always do his job and do it well.

What are yalls thoughts?

I do not think Santana Moss is overrated, look at what the guy has done with Mark Brunell at QB, I cannot wait to see what he does with Jason Campbel at QB.

Overrated: Sean Taylor. Like Arrington before him (the most overrated Skin EVER), Taylor's athleticism and highlight reel hits have all the younguns swearing up and down he's the greatest ever,yadayadayada. And like Lavar, he makes some bonehead mistakes and gets caught out of position. He hasn't cost us games as much as Arrington did, but he is not, repeat not worthy of holding Ken Houston's jockstrap.

Underrated: Griffin. Hands down, our defensive MVP. When he's hurt, our D sucks and we're 1-7.

Randy Thomas - Our best lineman, and perhaps the best pulling guard in the NFL. Heck, even when everyone was complaining about Kim Helton/Spurrier's schemes, this guy was solid and wasn't to blame for Ramses getting clobbered.

Overrated- Sean Taylor, sorry to say it but it is true, he has been a very good player but people are acting like he is the greatest safety in the game or something. He is still 24 and can be the greatest safety ever but he needs to prove himself this season, and show everyone that he can live up to the hype.

Underrated- Randy Thomas, he is probably our best O lineman besides Samuels, and he is what makes our interior running game so good. The guy is a great player and a true Redskin.

overrated: (tie) Mark Brunell. I know he is bashed here, but he deserves more bashing and insulting than he is getting.

Chris Samuels - he will never be on the same level as Ogden, Boselli, Pace, Lachey, or even Jacoby. It was a poor year in the draft for tackles and he went #3 overall.

underrated: Sean Taylor. The guy is the defensive MVP. He does NOT get caught out of position as often as people think, so do NOT compare him to Arrington. Taylor should have been a pro bowler his first year, but Taylor's team first attitude says he doesn't care about the pro bowl and loves to stay out of the limelight, unlike that premadonna Arrington.

Remember, Taylor was having to play both safety positions last year, because he had a revolving door or teammates in the defensive backfield.

I love it, the amount of crack being smoked shows the industry is running strong.

Overrated

1. CP- He only carried us to the playoffs and is a top 5 back.

2. Samuels- 4 pro-bowls and counting, yeah he really sucks, you do realize 3 more and he's a LOCK for Canton.

3. ST- You try having a great year playing next to Arch, Rumph, and Wright. I guess he was really overrated scoring those TD's in Philly and TB.

4. Moss- A new offense and Mark Brunell, then a young Campbell, followed by another year of no clear number 2 WR and he's expected to be Jerry Rice?

5. Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams- Keep on smokin the rocks. When we get back to the playoffs just remeber how horrible they are and how they can't coach for nothing while you start kissing their rears.

man, the most over-rated player is LADELL BETTS. I could have ran 1,100+ yards behind the redskins OL. His touchdown stats shows just how good he was at finishing...(not good) I believe portis scored more touchdown than betts. give me a break

Most under-rated- clinton portis, and chris cooley. I mean c'mon. those two can win games by themselves.

man, the most over-rated player is LADELL BETTS. I could have ran 1,100+ yards behind the redskins OL. His touchdown stats shows just how good he was at finishing...(not good) I believe portis scored more touchdown than betts. give me a break

Most under-rated- clinton portis, and chris cooley. I mean c'mon. those two can win games by themselves.

Tell us DirtySkin, how do you really feel?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

J/K

Overrated-

Ethan Albright- Though his main responsibility is while he is bent over I have a feeling it is more of his hobby/passion contributing.

Alright, this has to be the worst call in the entire thread. Name one bad snap we've had since he's been here? Name one time where you have thought to yourself "Nice hold" on a FG attempt or "nice catch" on a punt? Big Red is probably the most underrated player on the team not overrated.

Overreated: Ladell Betts, yes it was impressive what he did last year, and I'm not trying to take that away from him. But, a lot of that was helped by the O-Line really coming together, and also Campbell forcing defenses to respect the pass a little more. Betts did a good job, but that's what you want from your #2 RB. Also, if you remember, in the beginning of the season, before CP went down, most people were less than impressed with what Betts was doing, and calling for Duckett to be #2. All the while, CP was quietly averaging 4.1 yards per carry (with an injury, mind you), while Ladell averaged roughly 3 yards per carry fully healthy. So, it's very possible that a healthy Portis, with the O-Line after game 8 and Campbell, could have had an explosive year ... also CP had more TDs in much more limited time than Betts.

Underrated: Andre Carter, people hate on him still. But he came on towards the ends of the year, and if he can come back the same way, we'll be extremely happy.

overrated - shawn springs and ladel betts. injury plagued guy with a few good seasons, and a career backup that has the running vision of ray charles,

underrated - carlos rogers and james thrash. rogers has the skills and just had no pressure last season, he looked 10x better in 05 when our d was playing well as a whole, and james thrash is a solid to good over the middle guy. he needs to be used more often, plus he plays his ass off.

OVERRATED: Sean Taylor -Just the fact that many ES'ers think he's a top 5 safety says all you need to know.

UNDERRATED: Tough one, but Id say its a toss up between James Thrash and Ladell Betts. Thrash is an insane ST guys. If Betts can fix his slight fumblitus, he could start for any team in the league except San Diego!

If Betts can fix his slight fumblitus, he could start for any team in the league except San Diego!

So let me get this right ST is overrated and not a top 5 safety but you have Betts starting over Alexander, McCalister, and CP just to name a few? You might want to reword that statement to Betts could start for a handful of teams, not 31 of 32.

Overrated-

I don't know if he is valued but ...

Vinny Cerrato for starters

Ethan Albright- Though his main responsibility is while he is bent over I have a feeling it is more of his hobby/passion contributing.

Rock Cartwright- Born to be simply what he is 3rd-4th string RB on any team, special teams player, good for 1 PR/KR TD a year, but really is a waste of team position if a younger player who has potential to be more of an impact if one is available.

Mark Brunell/Todd Collins- Now if anyone believes they are more than simply the guy who will be expected to handoff the ball off is mistaken.

Lloyd- Did we sign him b/c of his street cred.-with his music??

Underrated-

Our OL doesn't get the national attention that it deserves and with Dock gone- may have to work harder to be recognized. Noted for allowing few sacks last season but why would teams want to take away from their pass coverage and blitz extra guys when they are protecting their 20pt lead??? Surely if we were more competitive offensively and games were closer we would have allowed more sacks. Plus Brunell completed more passes to the players watching the game on the sidelines than those on the field.

Marshall-crappy DL and it showed.

Sellers- Is a beast. Provides alot of running room for RB. In Madden, they act like he has brick hands despite the '05 season TD spree.

so our O line is UNDERRATED yet they were only good last year because our offense sucked? im not understanding your logic on this one.

Archived