Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated/underrated Redskin

RIDETHEWALRUS

betts had 1000+ yards only because of our O-line. He just is not as talented as people think he is. He fubles a lot, he is slow, and doesn't have great vision. I have said it a ton of times but his lack of production shows in how many td's he scored. HE just can't finish and he coughs up the ball on IMPORTANT downs. He's older then portis is as well, a lot of people forget that

QB's Overrated Brunell Underrated Campbell...Production vs cap number

RB's: Overrated Portis Underrated Betts..Production vs cap number

WR's Overrated Moss Underrated Cooley...Production vs cap number

I could continue with every position.....See a trend here, we have alot of guys who give us just as good or better production with a far less cap numbers, hint hint!

Overpaid does not mean better, thats why teams build thru the draft FO!:doh:

betts had 1000+ yards only because of our O-line. He just is not as talented as people think he is. He fubles a lot, he is slow, and doesn't have great vision. I have said it a ton of times but his lack of production shows in how many td's he scored. HE just can't finish and he coughs up the ball on IMPORTANT downs. He's older then portis is as well, a lot of people forget that
I gotta agree with Betts. It was driving me crazy when people were saying we should trade him for a first and a pro bowler or trade portis while we can still get something for him. Thousand yards in 8 games and no other team makes an offer. As far as back ups go, he is no Turner. I would have said Dock, but thankfully he is gone. I didn't want to see another false start followed by Portis trying to push him down so he could break one.

under rated, Carlos Rogers, he knocked down a lot of passes last year. Sure picks would have been better, but he was put on an island in his second year with both safties having to play the line forcing him to play 10 yards off guys and still didn't get beat that often. We played some good teams with top notch WR's and he did a good job for a young player.

Also getting underrated votes is Springs, when he went down, our D did as well.

most overrated player is Sean Taylor. he isn't Ed Reed yet.

most underrated player is Randy Thomas. he really solidifies the interior of the line and helps make the run game go. without Dockery inside, the importance of Thomas as Wade gets up to speed only increases.

Renaldo Wynn will make over 5 million dollars this year, Gibbs says he is a leader!

I am glad he does not lead by examople because our whole defensive line would have 10 tackles each in 07, or maybe they did in 06, I forget which one.:doh:

Maybe he is the Designated driver, knows the way to the stadiums, or wakes the team up. What does he lead??? Your right. That's why everyone is raping the team and the NFL culture. I am trying to get my resume sent in to Snyder if millions are being passed around like that. $5 million--never looked or smelled more like SH**.

Overrated - Moss? are u kidding me, if it wasn't for him the WRs would have had 20 rec. last year, they guy played hurt and was double covered for most of the season, not to mention, Brunell couldn't hit him unless he was under 10 yds away.

Underrated - How about Randy Thomas, or Marcus Washington

Overrated - Moss? are u kidding me, if it wasn't for him the WRs would have had 20 rec. last year, they guy played hurt and was double covered for most of the season, not to mention, Brunell couldn't hit him unless he was under 10 yds away.

Great Wrs make plays despite their QB. Great WR dont complain about double coverage, they break it

Betts had over 1,000 yards in 8 games with the same o-line

You forget he had a good chunk of yardage before Portis went down. You're also missing my point. Portis carried our team when there was no one else to do so, when defenses completely keyed in on him, and said he was going to do so before he did to boot. Betts is a good player but he's not the kind of guy that's going to take a team on his back and carry them into the postseason. I didn't even mention his problems fumbling at inopportune times.

overrated: (tie) Mark Brunell. I know he is bashed here, but he deserves more bashing and insulting than he is getting.

Chris Samuels - he will never be on the same level as Ogden, Boselli, Pace, Lachey, or even Jacoby. It was a poor year in the draft for tackles and he went #3 overall.

underrated: Sean Taylor. The guy is the defensive MVP. He does NOT get caught out of position as often as people think, so do NOT compare him to Arrington. Taylor should have been a pro bowler his first year, but Taylor's team first attitude says he doesn't care about the pro bowl and loves to stay out of the limelight, unlike that premadonna Arrington.

Remember, Taylor was having to play both safety positions last year, because he had a revolving door or teammates in the defensive backfield.

He is on Ogden's level, the level of being a perennial probowler, he is a great player and he is better then Boselli, Samuels is our best O lineman.

RIDETHEWALRUS

The Dirtbags

How in the world can you start a thread like this and claim Moss is overrated, really?

\The mentally of the world as a HOLE is truly scaring me.

Great Wrs make plays despite their QB. Great WR dont complain about double coverage, they break it

Yeah Santana don't run down the field more than 15 yards because MB can't throw it that far, I don't care what play the coach called, you whinny wimp of a complainer, yeah you are the only Redskin wideout that other teams gameplan for, so what, get over yourself and make some catches. :laugh: :doh: :laugh:

skinfan2k I am with you 100%. With 2 receptions Santana became my favorite Redskin WR since the first Gibbs era. That doesn't change the fact that he was far from spectacular, and in fact was in the bottom of the barrel as far as #1 WRs go in this league last year.

Injuries...fine, but the guy has only had one healthy season. Injuries matter when assessing who a player is and how they are rated.

People don't seem to quite get the "overrated" distinction does not equal the guy is no good. In fact Santana is very good, when he was healthy in 05 he was great. The reason he is overrated is because people completely forgot that '05 was by far his best season as a pro. They seem to think that is just another season at the office for him when in fact it is not. I hope it becomes that way, but right now it is simply not true. That is why he is "overrated" by skins fans.

RIDETHEWALRUS

The Dirtbags

How in the world can you start a thread like this and claim Moss is overrated, really?

\The mentally of the world as a HOLE is truly scaring me.

You should try reading my posts and refuting them instead of spitting jibberish to attack me. "The mentally of the world as a HOLE is truly scaring me." is jibberish.

Secondly I saw every game last season at least 4x a piece thanks to the wonder of yahoo's NFL game pass. I also spent the entire '05 season stateside watching him play.

If you don't agree with me than refute my points...it would be nice for someone to finally do so (p.s. excuses are not arguments)

After all, I wouldn't want you to be a hypocrite...

That is not the point at all. B**** and moan all you want, but support your thoughts with facts and not one line slams.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3742665#post3742665

UNDERRATED:

1) Randy Thomas gets no love and he is an amazing lineman IMO.

2) Marcus Washington is a great linebacker and does not get much love either. His stops the run, the pass, and motor is always going.

3) Springs, everyone on this board hates on him because of his groin injury but I think he is still a top corner when he is on the field.

OVERRATED:

1) Brandon Lloyd...has done nothing to prove he is worth the money or worth the #2 reciever job thus far (hope he proves it this year tho)

2) Kedric Golston...was mediocre at DT as a rookie but some people think he is already a star.

3) Adam Archuletta :laugh::applause:

Most Overrated: Champ ~ hes good, but everyone keeps saying we shouldnt of traded him for portis, i'd take Portis before Champ anyday, defense may win championships, but offense win superbowls

Most Underrated: Art ~ great player but out of the HoF, nuff said

It says underrated/overrated redskins, not current redskins

I love it, the amount of crack being smoked shows the industry is running strong.

Overrated

1. CP- He only carried us to the playoffs and is a top 5 back.

2. Samuels- 4 pro-bowls and counting, yeah he really sucks, you do realize 3 more and he's a LOCK for Canton.

3. ST- You try having a great year playing next to Arch, Rumph, and Wright. I guess he was really overrated scoring those TD's in Philly and TB.

4. Moss- A new offense and Mark Brunell, then a young Campbell, followed by another year of no clear number 2 WR and he's expected to be Jerry Rice?

5. Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams- Keep on smokin the rocks. When we get back to the playoffs just remeber how horrible they are and how they can't coach for nothing while you start kissing their rears.

Bingo with everything esp ST.... how many people are on ed reeds and dawkins jock... but look who their corners are and look at the Dline all they have to do is play safety..... Taylor had to play secondary and run stop He was the only superstar on defense

common people open ur eyes Taylor was being asked to do way more that what any safety was asked to do and he still made the pro bowl......

Archived