Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated/underrated Redskin

RIDETHEWALRUS

Overrated: Sean Taylor

Ok Sean Taylor is one of my favorite players. I own his jersey and really believe he can be a top 3 safety with a solid from 7. But let us not forget, for every huge hit he lays on a defender he can easily miss a tackle and he gets burnt more in coverage than the elite safeties (Reed, Dawkins) *Also, you can be overrated and still be a great player*

Underrated: Chris Cooley

He comes to play EVERY sunday. I love watching him play. He's not the fastest, tallest, most agile player ever, but he is a PLAYMAKER and has put together three quietly "good" seasons. He'e not mentioned much in the media, but we know what we have with Cooley

couldnt agree with you more. i frickin love cooley. he'll be wearin the burgundy and gold his whole career and i love it. despite being a third round pick and overlooked by many, the guy outproduces a lot of first round hyped up tight ends like shockey, and he still maintains a laid back, humble persona. such a cool dude. too.

ok, whoever thinks sean taylor is overrated obviously doesnt realize that all last year he HAD to bite on every play fake because he was our run defense....that made him a step behind on the pass defense, which is why he "screwed up" his pass coverage.

santana moss is in no way overrated, whoever thinks that is just retarded. you cant be good when brunell is throwing the ball, but somehow santana made it work.

ladell betts is definitely not overrated, he rushed for almost 1000 yards in the last 6 games alone, that takes more than a good o-line

the only overrated player i agree with here is golston....i love this kid, but he hasnt played in enough games to prove himself yet, hopefully next year he will

Overrated: Laron Landry - Many of us are ready to crown the guy king, or just assume that he's more qualified than Pierson and should start. Remember that many of us also thought Carlos Rogers was the second coming of Champ Bailey.

Underrated: Rock Cartwright - Locker room presence, team oriented leader, weight room junkie, practice enthusiast, special teams ace, and the flexibility to play both taliback and fullback will be a huge factor for us this season. Easily the best 3rd string back in football.

Overrated: Sean Taylor - He's a good player who could be a great player but he's blowing it. He's not putting in the effort to learn his craft and it really showed last season. He makes great plays but he also blows a lot of plays. Until he changes his ways and actually lives up to his potential there is no way we should be extending his contract.

Underrated: Mike Sellers - One notch below Pro Bowl caliber but he is rarely recognized for it.

Underrated- Joe Bugel

He has turned our offensive line into one of the best O-lines in the league. Yes, he had a lot of talent to work with, but before he got there it was untapped talent.

Underrated- Our SALARY CAP ADVISORS

For years critics have said the Redskins were going to be in salary cap hell. That has never materielized.

ART MONK is underrated (sorry I know this is off topic but...)

Fans:

Overrated: Kedric Golston, Shaun Suisham, Sean Taylor (based on last season's play anyway)

Underrated: Khary Campbell, Carlos Rogers, Mark Brunell (as a backup), Renaldo Wynn, Philip Daniels, Gregg Williams

Media:

Overrated: Ladell Betts

Underrated: Jason Campbell, Clinton Portis, O-line, Andre Carter, Marcus Washington, Mike Sellers, Chris Cooley, Joe Gibbs

Let me just say this: Joe Gibbs was Bill Belichick before there was Bill Belichick. And the major media has most certainly forgotten this.

man, the most over-rated player is LADELL BETTS. I could have ran 1,100+ yards behind the redskins OL. His touchdown stats shows just how good he was at finishing...(not good) I believe portis scored more touchdown than betts. give me a break

Most under-rated- clinton portis, and chris cooley. I mean c'mon. those two can win games by themselves.

man, the most over-rated player is LADELL BETTS. I could have ran 1,100+ yards behind the redskins OL. His touchdown stats shows just how good he was at finishing...(not good) I believe portis scored more touchdown than betts. give me a break

Most under-rated- clinton portis, and chris cooley. I mean c'mon. those two can win games by themselves.

Archived