Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated/underrated Redskin

RIDETHEWALRUS

Overrated: Jason Campbell

Underrated: Ladell Betts

you are bonkers.. ladell betts has had plenty of years to prove he is a number 1 back. even back when we signed trung canidate. but he's a back-up who has fumble problems and has problems punching it in. and he has poor vision.

ANd to say JC is overrated? i mean how can you say that when he has done nothing but get better everytime he has played. that's all you can ask for in a young QB,and this is his first actual unquestioned starting year, also he is familiar with the offense now. and he is hungry. I hope you eat your words. :silly:

plus, half of you kids aren't even old enough to drink, you are no where near qualified to judge the over-underrateness of NFL players. hahaha

why does it maatter if they are not too old to drink.. Youre only 22 years old.. Whoopie... Age is just a number..

Every thread like this is always started by some wet-behind-the-ears 20 year old. What's up with that?

Can't argue with that. Attribute it to offseason boredom. Many of us have the bad combination of

1. Lack of Patience

2. Internet Access at work

3. Grew up in a world where computers didn't consist of vacuums and

punch-cards (sorry, couldn't resist)

4. Insatiable hunger for football

Now... pertaining to the thread at hand.

ES point of view -

Over: Sean Taylor. Don't get me wrong.. hes a great safety. Physical specimen, but not strong mentally. To be the 'greatest safety in the nfl.. hands down' as many ESers seem to imply... he needs to be the complete package.

Under: Daniels and Rogers. Despite what many say, the only weakness Daniels has is closing speed. And when healthy he can stop the run. Rogers isn't the fastestCB out there, but he is a fantastic CB vs the physical receivers.

World's point of view -

Over: Hate to say it but Jason Campbell. He had half a season on an offense w/ a fantastic running game, but almost no redzone scoring capability. Campbell's potential is great, but the jury is still out. Problem is that 3 out of 4 articles have JC as the guaranteed next big thing, but it has yet to be seen.

Under: Our defense. Our defense is getting thrown into the bottom of the pile before the start of the season. Injuries + Lack of depth, added to bad experimentation (AA, Marshall at MLB) played a large part of our defensive struggle last season. Even if we have the same injuries to all three levels of our D as we did last season ( DB, LB, DLine) We at have more depth on all levels with the exception of DE. And I am stating this in the belief that with more time to adjust to the NFL, Kedric and Montgomery will prove to be solid linemen.

Every thread like this is always started by some wet-behind-the-ears 20 year old. What's up with that?

Why is it that every time you old timers can't figure out a way to refute logical points made by us "wet-behind-the-ears" 20 somethings, you simply resort to name calling. Fact is I have missed 4 Redskins games in the last 13 years despite spending 6 of those years out of the country, while still being the only dedicated Skins fan in my family.

The other question I have is why is every other post by you offering to pay for Mark Brunell's plane ticket home or cursing the man? You are not yet old enough to go senile and forget the last 15 years and our ineptitude, so you should remember Brunell as one of 2 QBs to win a playoff game for us since our 90's copllapse.

Overrated : Carlos Rogers ... Whenever I see him he is getting beat or dropping a pick. Not saying he is going to have a horrible career. Just him and Smoot don't scare me. Especially when the Skins have to go against teams with Two/Three stud WR's.

Underrated : Chris Cooley ... Call this man the Waffle House. Because he is ALWAYS Open. If we didn't have Witten, Cooley would be one of the most prized players I would want down the road.

Over: Hate to say it but Jason Campbell. He had half a season on an offense w/ a fantastic running game, but almost no redzone scoring capability. Campbell's potential is great, but the jury is still out. Problem is that 3 out of 4 articles have JC as the guaranteed next big thing, but it has yet to be seen.

Jason Campbell was pretty good in the redzone. He made some very nice plays down there and had 10 TDs in a half a season. The problem with the redzone scoring offense was Ladell Betts. He did a great job filling in for Portis, but he just doesn't have a nose for the endzone. And obviously, Duckett never really established himself or was never allowed the opportunity.

Hmmm that is tough,

Overated

No one really, Skins don't really get any respect from the league... .Besides Portis which we all know is true. Some people are putting ST, I don't think he is over rated. He is just young and has shown flashes of greatness, and it's not like he's started in the pro bowl or anything. The best way to put Sean Taylor is RESPECTED, cause ask any WR in the leauge that RESPECT him.

Under Rated--- Jon Jansen he is been at times and in my opinon better then Chirs S. but has not gotten to one probowl. And of couse MIKE MASH!! that guy is LIGHTS OUT, I love him.

mentions-- Randle El, Marcus Washington, and James Thrash

overated:lloyd is a bum......ship him out

underated: espy.....ship him in

Everyone is saying ESPY is underrated.... From what? What has he proven or done? Has he even appeared in anyother game besides TB? He didn't catch a ball in that either right?

Is everyone living on some preseason play a year ago?

Raiders 4-0 last preseason.

Did ESPY grow so that he is actually 6'0 now??? Give me a break....He can't even fill Thrash's shoes.....Espy is a Thrash shoe smeller to get the aroma of a NFL player.

plus, half of you kids aren't even old enough to drink, you are no where near qualified to judge the over-underrateness of NFL players. hahaha

Some would say your only 22, your not qualified to judge what is worthy of being judge and what isnt. Let the kids speak....Doesn't mean you have to dismount from your high horse and grace us with your mouth diarrhea rhetoric.

From a Redskin fans perspective, who do you believe is the most overrated and most underrated player on this team. I'll start.

The most overrated Redskin is....

Santana Moss.

Don't get me wrong, I really like him at wideout. The season he had in '05 was amazing and he was the dagger in the heart of Dallas. The problem is he just didn't produce last year. We have had him for two years. One outstanding, and another one dissapointing. I reckon his poor play last year is largely attribuatble to the QB play and the inability of a #2 WR to emerge. I hope he has a very good year this year, but there is always a chance that 05 was an abbirition.

Most underrated Redskin is...

Phillip Daniels

All he ever does is his job, and that is why he gets no love. He is solid against the run and occassionally gets pressure on the QB. The terrible play of the DL last year was not on his shoulders, rather it lay largely on the people behind him and the tollroad know as Warrick Holdman on the other side. He will never excite, but he seems to always do his job and do it well.

What are yalls thoughts?

Yeah, Moss's three touchdowns in the Jaguars game are a major sign of his of his lack of productivity. I know what Moss is capable of cause I've seen it. You know what Moss is capable of cause you've seen. We finally have the RIGHT QB in place and I think that will make all the difference. But I agree with you on Daniels. People don't realize that our LBs and DBs are asked to be the playmakers in GW's scheme and not the DL.

Santana Moss has been with the organiztion for two years. In that time he has earned one probowl, and set a single-season franchise record for receiving yards.

Moss' had some success as a Jet, and he had some quiet years as well. However, Moss is a playmaker, and as a REDSKIN, and as a player in the Joe Gibbs system, Moss has far exceeded the initial expectations of him set by coaches AND fans. Thus, Moss as a Redskin is not overrated.

WOW is all I have to say at some of these responses.

PP is overrated by alot of people here...

-he is good as our dime back where he used to play at when he was healthy, but not as our starting SS.

-alot of people acted like he would've been the answer at safety last year or even this year. (he couldn't even beat out Ryan Clark for starting SS)

Clinton Portis might be the most overrated Rb in the NFL.

-We have one of the best Olines in the NFL and as you saw last year Betts had great production behind our line.

-The only difference that Portis has is his great speed. He is definately a good back but I just don't feel he's as good as he thinks he is or some fans think he is.

And i'm not saying betts is better than CP.

Underrated is Chris Samuels...

-he has been one of the best Left Tackles in the NFL for the majority of his career, and he is a possible HOF player but doesn't get the respect he deserves from the fans.

Underrated is Sean Taylor

-All the people who say he is overrated do not understand football. He has the brightest future of any player on our team.

OVERRATED: Chris Samuels. He's good but i don't understand how he makes the Pro Bowl every year.

UNDERRATED: Mike Sellars. He scored like everytime he touched the ball in '05 and he is a solid FB.

Also would say Randy Thomas as underrated.

How can you say that Sean Taylor is overrated. He is one of the best in the league and alot of the Redskin "fans" on this board berate him.

Anyone who says GIbbs is overatted is a n00b.

Clearly there are only 2 reasons for this:

#1- You weren't old enough to see the times when Gibbs and Co. Pwnt

or

#2- You OVERRATE the amount of power Gibbs exerts on the team. Gibbs has piece by piece handed this team over to the assistants......note the draft picks the 1st season vs 2nd or 3rd.......note the play calling.......Gibbs did his job in 2 seasons......now it's the others to maintain it.

Saying the Game has passed him by is stupid because there are 40+ other coaches who would say, " UHhh Mr. Gibbs, umm no...." if he was to suggest something that wouldn't fly.

The bottom line is that a good team either today or 100 years ago executes well. Running left or throwing right is all the same is you are good and it sucks if you can't execute.

Anyone who says GIbbs is overatted is a n00b.

Clearly there are only 2 reasons for this:

#1- You weren't old enough to see the times when Gibbs and Co. Pwnt

or

#2- You OVERRATE the amount of power Gibbs exerts on the team. Gibbs has piece by piece handed this team over to the assistants......note the draft picks the 1st season vs 2nd or 3rd.......note the play calling.......Gibbs did his job in 2 seasons......now it's the others to maintain it.

Saying the Game has passed him by is stupid because there are 40+ other coaches who would say, " UHhh Mr. Gibbs, umm no...." if he was to suggest something that wouldn't fly.

The bottom line is that a good team either today or 100 years ago executes well. Running left or throwing right is all the same is you are good and it sucks if you can't execute.

This is Gibbs show, and what exactly has the team done under his control for the past 3 seasons? The results are nowhere near the same. People keep propping him up based on his past accomplishments. I'm grateful for the past but in the here and now, it doesn't do much.

Coming from a person who is not a noob and is well aware of Gibbs past, I can see why people would say Gibbs 2 is overrated. Because he hasn't lived up to or shown us much that looks anything like Gibbs 1.

I hope that Gibbs over the next year or two, does something with this team that resemble his former greatness. He has two more years left on his contract to accomplish this.

Archived